It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces Job Training Program Amid Poor Economic Numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Obama Announces Job Training Program Amid Poor Economic Numbers

politics.blogs.foxnews.com

As public dismay over his handling of the economy is on the rise, President Obama will announce a new job training program Wednesday at a Washington, D.C.-area community college.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah, because we have a TON of manufacturing jobs here! What a loon. How about ending NATFA, which would genuinely create more manufacturing jobs here instead of Mexico! Another of his tries at deceiving the American public into thinking he knows what he is doing! And since when do universities know anything about creating jobs...most of the professors only know book smarts on how to do something. They have no clue how to do it in the real world!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Not just FoxNews, but a FoxNews Blog....
I wish I could sit on my ass all day and bitch about everything the president does...

Sigh ...must be nice.

Who knows maybe this training program will teach the TeaBags how to spell....
edit on 8-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why do you now need a community college degree for a factory or warehouse job? If alot of business want to make this mandatory to get hired, it could add a whole new level to student loan debt. This program won't be free forever. Whats next, a fast food associates degree to work at mcdonalds? Since there doesn't seem to be enough people in debt lets create more from the untapped marked that is unskilled labor.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Forget NAFTA and Mexico, my friend. Where we should be targeting if we want a substantial number of manufacturing jobs back is China.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
more waste of taxpayer's money!
you can't train for jobs that aren't there

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Yeah, because we have a TON of manufacturing jobs here! What a loon. How about ending NATFA, which would genuinely create more manufacturing jobs here instead of Mexico! Another of his tries at deceiving the American public into thinking he knows what he is doing! And since when do universities know anything about creating jobs...most of the professors only know book smarts on how to do something. They have no clue how to do it in the real world!

There is one main reason why Obama went there. It has a 25% International Student body.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
this may be off topic but wouldnt unemployment be non-existent if all business stayed open 24 hours? some people work the night shift and sleep during business hours, if those business stayed open they could spend their money at the resturants and shops which normally are closed on their schedule creating a little money flow into the economy. im no expert, i could be wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76
more waste of taxpayer's money!
you can't train for jobs that aren't there

A guy on Fox News said the U.S. Government already has 30 job training programs.
Now we have 31 ?
Well, that should turn things around.
Truly pathetic leadership from the White House.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is just another example of the inside the beltway dead zone. That would be the "zone" where in no way shape or form is there any common sense to be had. Job training programs. Really? If I didn't know any better, I'd almost think that Jimmy Carter is in the white house again !
Don't you first need jobs that your going to train the people to take up? What are we talking about here? "Wind Power"? Like there's not enough of that already with all the blow-hards in politics. Well, we get the best elected officials that money can buy, so we have no one to blame but ourselves!

top topics

join