It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PeakSaver or Big Brother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So I get an information package with my last electricity bill asking me if I would like to sign up for the new Ontario "Peaksaver" program. Basically, my electrical company installs a thermostat in my house that it can control from a central location and if they decide my house doesn't need to be that cool, they will will "adjust" the temp one or two degrees warmer thusly saving electricity and lowering peak demand.

Well, I am not comfortable with an agency deciding my comfort level, nor am I comfortable giving a provincial agency remote access to my house, even if it just is for the central air. They say you can opt out of it anytime, but I think I am just saying no.

Are we so not to be trusted as a society now, that a simple request on the news to conserve won't suffice. It is now necessary to install devices in people's home to ensure compliance.

PeakSaver Program

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

That just don't sound right, seriously who the f cares how hot/cold your house is !?
You can get up off your lazy bum and change your thermostat!
Besides notice how the "Cleaner Ontario" logo is shaped like an Illuminati pyramid right ? Or I'm reading too much into that
edit on 8-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

join