It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 12, Charged With Beating His Brother To Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Boy, 12, Charged With Beating His Brother To Death

www.dreamindemon.com

Jacksonville, FL – What a tragic story in almost every way imaginable. A 12-year-old boy in Florida has been charged with murder, accused of beating his 2-year-old half-brother to death.

On Thursday, 12-year-old Cristian Fernandez (mugshot), the victim’s half-brother, was indicted on first-degree murder charges. Prosecutors say he beat his brother to death. Susana was charged with negligent manslaughter for her decision to wait so long to call for help.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news4jax.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have a lot of opinions about our judicial system, but this one just stumps me. I mean, yes, he is a 12 year old boy facing life in prison, but what gets me is this line:

Susana would later find a man who would end up abusing Fernandez physically, mentally and sexually. Police got involved after Fernandez showed up to school sporting an eye injury and officials called them to report their concerns. When police arrived at the stepfather’s residence to arrest him, he pulled out a gun and blew his brains out in front of the other siblings.

What are your opinions, fellow ATSers? Is this justified? Should he be given life in prison, or alternative punishment? Obviously he needs help, he cannot be left in society when he himself is emotionally, physically and sexually scarred.

This stuff is just sad all around.

www.dreamindemon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Children being born into a family of psychopaths
end up being psychopaths, not the fault of the kids of course
but it's expected if you have $hitty parents.
I have nothing to say.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He should be going through the juvenile system. This shows a problem with the legal system in America, that he could get tried as an adult as well as there not being a focus on rehabilitation. If adults in other countries with better systems in place can get rehabilitated, certainly there's room for improvement for a 12 year old.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is why abortion is an important option in society.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would dig the man out of his grave and shoot him again.

edit on 8-6-2011 by TETRA.X because: Wrong name

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I'm not an expert on the matter, but wouldn't abortion on a 12-year old girl (the mom in this case) be harmful to her?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is all-around sad.

At the foundation of the crime is the 12-year olds known abuse of his half-brother. It was injudicious to say the least of the mother to leave the toddler with a sibling she knows expresses his errant energies in a destructive manner.

But there is so much unknown here. Is she competent to be a mother, age notwithstanding? When she left them, was it to go to work (i.e. does she have no other care provider for her children?)

I hate family court cases, and this should be one.

There can be no justice here... all the key players are in one way or another victims. And nothing will bring that child back... and even if we could, wouldn't he be just as likely to be as dysfunctional as his older half-brother?

It's a real shame that we have no rehabilitative capabilities in the 21 st century.. only punishment. And most parents know, punishing a 12 year old requires actual active participation afterwards to instill the correct lesson behind it. What could happen to this 12-year old is he might be going into a penal system which will just make things worse.... as if his previous mental, sexual, and parental abuse weren't bad enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is so very sad. Obviously.... the baby suffered terribly before, from his older brother being so mentally disturbed from abuse and neglect., he himself being a victim. It is terrible that the poor baby had to undergo such pain and the child was old enough to be afraid of his older brother.
The mother seems to need help as much as her son does. I can't imagine leaving a baby with another child that would hurt him/her.
You love your children! That would be a heartbreaking tragedy to deal with.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow....Kids are getting worse and worse these days...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

It's potentially harmful for any female, but there's still the option of adoption. This women was clearly no way prepared to be having children.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
matters what they think prison would achieve.....the kid needs help...not prison.
he should help society and live as a man...somehow...hes 12, with a ridiculous history...help the poor dude.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Well he is text book for institutionalization. Perhaps his life will also end in suicide. This boy is damaged goods I hate to say, and even though everyone can change, he is probably going to go down the hard road rather than change.

This is sad and tragic in every way. What part does child protective services take in this? I did not read the article, just the thread comments.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Hate to say it but this is the direction genetics and brain surgery should go, if science could help by taking out the dysfunctional parts of the genetics and replace it with say the love gene or some form of creativity, remove the children and place them into loving homes, then they would have a chance at life.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

sorry mate, but i need to score your two posts above.

faith = 0
fear = 10

have faith dude, the kids environment was the problem.. not the kid.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Children being born into a family of psychopaths
end up being psychopaths, not the fault of the kids of course
but it's expected if you have $hitty parents.
I have nothing to say.

Agreed - the adults are to blame here.
And they make me sick.

top topics

join