It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Lady is not for turning up: Margaret Thatcher snubs request to meet Sarah Palin in London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

maybe its the soundbites the government controlled media allows you to watch,

gulp, I hate confrontation, but I have been fuming since I saw a poster call her a she idiot yesterday,

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thatcher may have some pretty serious health problems, But this was just a blatant attempt by Palin to achieve better PR and try to score even more votes from the Feminist contingent within the US. Although god alone knows why anyone would vote for Palin? as she makes Dubya look like Einstein.....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

maybe its the soundbites the government controlled media allows you to watch,

Interviews, not 'soundbites'.

She certainly doesn't handle unscripted questions well. She seems to deflect and change the subject, like Bush used to in his comedic prime.

Would I date her? Oh yes.

Would I want her running a country? Hahahahahahaa.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Its good to see that there is quite a spectrum on the right side. This kind of stuff helps Republicans be more broadly defined instead of limited to a group of religious fundamentalists.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think I underestimate her (or misunderestimate her). She is charming and very popular. She's pretty and personable. She's even funny. I liked her show. But she has no business being in politics. She did OK as governor. Of Alaska. But I wouldn't want her to hold a job with more responsibilities. I wouldn't want her to govern any other state, in fact. It's too much of a job for her. Let alone the presidency.

Please don't have a breakdown.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So I'm guessing you like Palin then?

The woman is an Abomination... :shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
and what stereotype would that be?

Maybe I am sick of what other counties think.

I doubt there is a need to elaborate on that and if you seriously have no clue, you have been living under a rock, nor do I feel a need to start a flame war. Naturally, you have every right to not care about the opinion of others on your nation, but that's exactly the problem with some of you guys. There's America and America only; we couldn't care less about the rest. That attitude did maybe work before the US became a superpower, but now that very arrogant attitude does more harm than good to your country.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have this problem, I stand up for people when I feel they are being treated unfairly, would I vote for her?
I don't know yet,

You must remember Obama has quite a few problems with out his teleprompter as well,

I don't want to do the party line thing, we are in deep poo, and we really need to worry about the future of our country,

I want to watch that documentary, I don't need someone that thinks they are a, citizen of the world,
seriously?
can you run the country,
and,
do you love your country?

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just to point out the obvious... our current Teleprompter-in-Chief had zero foreign experience, zero experience running a for-profit business, and a voting record consisting of "present". Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Just to point out the obvious... our current Teleprompter-in-Chief had zero foreign experience. Just sayin'.

Well, she does:

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

source

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Which means that lack of foreign experience is irrelevant to the Presidency... even if the current occupier of the Whitehouse thinks there's 57 states.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thatcher, when Prime Minister, met Senator Dan Quayle before he became Vice President. So she's no stranger to right wing nut jobs who are a few custard creams short of a biscuit barrel.

I think if she were fit & able, she'd meet all of the Republican candidates. But like others have said, she's too frail to see anyone. The "nuts" comment isn't unattributed to anyone in particular.

I think this is a bit of a non story.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Huffington post sneak peak

BTW.

think Oil companies,

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Who had to go head to head with the oil companies ?

Just think about it, who is running the show, who are the global elite, and who would they hate to see in power?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm definitely no fan of Thatcher, that being said I find this story hilarious and applaud the stance taken by Thatcher and her aides here. It was going to be a blatant photo op at an aging and frail Thatcher's expense since she is probably one of the only politicians we've had (apart from Churchill and Blair) who had any resonance in the USA. I'm not much of a Palin hater but I do hope the accusation of her being 'nuts' actually came from Thatcher.
edit on 8-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
OH OH Now I get the picture,
blog.oregonlive.com...

While the folks in Oregon's state Capitol are struggling to balance a tight general fund budget for the state of just under $15 billion, consider Alaska's whopping $12 billion surplus.

Yes, everyone knows Alaska is different because of its oil wealth. But what isn't so well-known in the continental U.S. is that this enormous budget surplus is largely due to the efforts of none other than Sarah Palin.

Atlantic Monthly's Joshua Green has a fascinating article exploring Palin's first 18 months as Alaska's governor, before she became nationally famous after Republican John McCain made her his surprise pick for vice president.

Green recounts howPalin took on the entrenched oil interests, which essentially ran the state and did a masterful job of keeping their taxes low (for one thing, they eliminated the state's corporate income tax). Palin won the governorship by going after the corruption the oil industry left in its wake, particularly among the GOP political establishment.

And, as governor, when she couldn't get Republicans to pass her tough tax proposals through the Legislature, she turned to Democrats for help. Palin reportedly even rebuffed pleas from Vice President Dick Cheney to go easy on the oil companies, which argued that the tax would be a job-killer. Think how many of Palin's fans in Oregon would have opposed her if we had this kind of debate down here.

Palin reportedly even rebuffed pleas from Vice President Dick Cheney to go easy on the oil companies,

I see, no wonder she is hated by the Washington insiders.

The Tragedy of Sarah Palin
www.theatlantic.com...

Come on people it is time to put away childish things

After taking office in December 2006, she kept her word and hired Tom Irwin, and other members of the Magnificent Seven. They devised a plan to attract someone other than the oil companies to build the pipeline, and they bid out the license to move ahead with it—to the deep displeasure of the oil producers, who vowed not to participate. Palin came under serious political pressure. Although she doesn’t mention it in Going Rogue, the Associated Press discovered that Vice President Dick Cheney called her at least twice that month. According to her aides, Cheney urged her to make concessions, but she didn’t.

That spring, the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act sailed to passage, helped along by criminal indictments in the Veco scandal, which were handed down just as the bill came up. Still, Palin was the deciding factor. A new pipeline plan had seemed unlikely when she took over, but she kept the legislature focused on the task.

Does this look like an idiot?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

The words aren't hers.

And if the words aren't hers, where's the story ?

Just saying, like.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

It was a quick reply, I editted my post after reading the article fully and searching for anything else on the story. Either way the words would have been approved by her or her family and until they come out rebuting the comments it's fair to assume they are genuine
edit on 8-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

She has exposed her stupidity more than once, but perhaps she's not entirely evil. Either way, in the end it doesn't matter. Politicians seldom live up to their promises and the only way to become president is to give in to demands of lobbyist organizations, such as those of Israel, the pharmaceutical, arms and oil industry. They control the puppet that occupies the white house. It doesn't matter whether your name is Palin or Obama. Money = power, literally.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't want to do the party line thing, we are in deep poo, and we really need to worry about the future of our country

And you're looking at someone like Sarah Palin to fix that?
Seriously, Goodluck with that!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join