It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Intelligence Report: Increase in Left-Wing Extremism Sparks Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

German Intelligence Report: Increase in Left-Wing Extremism Sparks Concern

www.spiegel.de

Germany's domestic intelligence agency has warned that a militant left-wing movement is on the rise in the country. An arson attack on cables that caused severe disruption to the Berlin rail network last month has thrown a spotlight on left-wing extremism, and official figures reveal a steep rise in violence this year.

"The security situation has markedly worsened," says a confidential report on the radical left-wing scene compiled by regional and national intelligence agencies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.spiegel.de

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And the most fascinating factor in this report is the declaration about the position authorities are taking regarding these acts of violence.

..But despite the increase in offenses, German intelligence officials do not see a "terrorist dimension" in the trend. This indirectly contradicts an assessment by the German Federal Prosecutor's Office, which has launched a number of investigations into left-wing acts of violence...

I find this is stark contrast with what we here in the US can expect our authorities to declare. "The war on terror" is all-consuming. And there would be no doubt that we would all face increased government intrusions into our lives were this happening here....

Now on our end of the Big pond, those who protest against the G8 and G20, the IMF, and the WTO are considered "Right Wing" nutjobs....

If the left and the right are both inclined to protest against the globalist organizations, maybe there's something we should be asking ourselves.....

Authorities are pointing to the protests against the G-8 summit in Heiligendamm, Germany in 2007 as the start of an escalation in left-wing violence. The anti-globalization demonstrations, joined by tens of thousands of people, were a "turning point in the development of German left-wing extremism," the report says.

Authorities are worried that the militant left is attracting support from young people who had hitherto been outside the core left-wing scene. It has started to appeal to a violent, thrill-seeking and less ideological youth culture.

Interesting how different nations are willing to categorize those who express dissent differently....

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interesting post.

Over this side of the pond;

Left wing is considered to be people who sit on their arse all day and do nothing but smoke weed and protest about the environment, and counter the right wing protest.

Right wing is considered to be people who protest about immigration. Which in my opinion is BS.

Anyway back on topic, I have noticed a huge amount of people embracing left wing ideology. Is it dangerous is the question? In my opinion yes...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
left wing extremism?? whats that.....a group of black gays holding flowers instead of guns....oohhh lock em up quick..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
left wing extremism?? whats that.....a group of black gays holding flowers instead of guns....oohhh lock em up quick..

Did you even bother to read the OP or just see the title then launch into attack mode? This is about the rise in anti-globalist and militant far-left organizations which are bringing on radical youth to cause violence as a political expression. It has absolutely nothing to do with racial issues and the ones perpetrating the crimes do deserve to be locked up.

But I guess you do not believe left-wing extremism can exist? Perhaps the entire article was fabricated because we all know Spiegel is a German right-wing publication dedicated to smearing the political left.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A lot of European countries have a long history of political or separatist violence, which is why many of these countries may have less of an alarmist approach to ''domestic terrorism''.

While the far-left and far-right may be diametrically opposed on the viewpoints that they hold, they tend to be exactly the same when it comes to intolerance, arrogance and forcing their views onto other people, which is why the actions of the radical left-wing and radical right-wing are so similar.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The youth ain't got no future, what chu expect them to do? I ain't got a problem with market globalization, but all that political globalization has to stop, it's dangerous and it's scary. A one world govmint is a bad idea!

~Ronnie!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is about the rise in anti-globalist and militant far-left organizations which are bringing on radical youth to cause violence as a political expression

a rise in anti- globalists....thats a lie...there has been a rise in globalists over the past 20 yrs...not anti-globalists.

yea, sounds like pure propaganda....the word "youth" and "violence" sound like the same words used to describe the SS.

p.s. i did just read the title...lolol

peace
edit on 8-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
..... Perhaps the entire article was fabricated because we all know Spiegel is a German right-wing publication dedicated to smearing the political left.

I apologize if I am assisting this periodical in the propagation of bias. That was not my intent.

I had intended to highlight the oddity (from my perspective) that these extremists are not considered "terrorists" per se. Whereas in my country, no one could get away with saying they aren't. But maybe I muddled the OP somehow. I suppose it's one of the dangers of using foreign (to me) press sources when I am unaware of their potential political agenda.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well with the endless immigration I can understand this situation.

The city I live in has about 30% Moroccan and I guess about 20% other nationalities, and those numbers only seem to grow.

Some (imo too much) of those people don't integrate into society at all and they cause all sorts of problems.

Politicians created this situation in the past, and the new generations of politicians won't solve it because they can't.
The political parties seem to have created this situation to have a big voting block for the same old BS parties.

This multicultural experiment is failing miserably because you can't bring antiquated mentality because of a religion into the west, for example in France a few women were protesting because they couldn't wear a burqa.

IMO those woman would fit right in at for example Saudi Arabia or Iran, I don't care if someone is religious, I do care about religious extremism, and wearing a burqa is a form of religious extremism.

Wherever cultures meet, some things will clash, it's sad that our stupid European Union can't make good agreements or have a thinktank that prevents these kind of things instead of making them happen, they can't even properly trace the EHEC infections.

People are losing faith in their govt and any right wing party picks up on those voters by saying they will change things, and meanwhile we are locking up Somalian Pirates here, go figure....

I think in all history of mankind people never have been as divided.

End of rant

GM

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

wait...these so called foreigners are your own responsibility...! dont you get that??

what do you think happens when you invade a country...you will get assylum seekers.....then later, you will have colonialists running this new state.....then when you leave you will have to take these people with you...a perfect example is india....there are indians who helped the british that can no longer return...then theres spies, defectees, profesionals, globalists etcetc....if you dont like them then stop interfering in theyr countries....theyr should be an influx of libyans right about nowish...

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I apologize if I am assisting this periodical in the propagation of bias. That was not my intent.

FWIW: Spiegel is a liberal / center-left publication. Its likely not biased against the left.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I was being sarcastic in my response there to thePharaoh, I was not actually insisting that Spiegel is right-wing in any way. To be fair I believe it to be more of a Center-left publication that tilts towards the SPD.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
.I had intended to highlight the oddity (from my perspective) that these extremists are not considered "terrorists" per se. Whereas in my country, no one could get away with saying they aren't. But maybe I muddled the OP somehow. I suppose it's one of the dangers of using foreign (to me) press sources when I am unaware of their potential political agenda.

You're right. In Europe you can blow up cars and vandalize buildings and that may not be enough to get onto the watchlist of the Feds. The local police will take notes about the blown-up car, look for the perpetrator and the car-owner will have their insurance pay and thats that. Time will tell whether this softer approach is better or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

This is the type of bull# comment which pisses me off.

So because of past deeds hundreds of years ago we are expected to take millions of no good 'asylum seekers'
who have no intention of doing anything except making every country they touch down on a third world # hole!!

Apologies for the profonatity mods....that one got under my skin there...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

then how do you think we became a super power...remember that most of the items we need are not in our vicinity. you have to intervene with another state...

look while we need oil, textiles and raw food products, then we will always have foreigners....stop this "foreign policy"then you will stop the excess of asylum seekers and other forms of immigration....what im saying is...there is a reason for it!

plus this is not an immigration issue...these are full blooded germans who are against globalism.. they remember the last time they had a globalist at the helm...alot of germans died last time...

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

You're right. In Europe you can blow up cars and vandalize buildings and that may not be enough to get onto the watchlist of the Feds. The local police will take notes about the blown-up car, look for the perpetrator and the car-owner will have their insurance pay and thats that.

ok...take that right back....in Europe my friend they are a lot more effective in their security than in the US. whereas i admint the US are more aggressive.

and i think all this new germant stuff is to do with their stance on libya, isreal and iraq....the left wingers are controlling the state alot more than what the US had planned for. these meetings with merkel, and the e.coli outbrake i think are all linked....germany needs to readdress its internal issues as its foreign policy is not in line with its "allies"

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I don't make these policies, I just see the consequences, like I said before in my post, more immigration is good for the old political parties with their lobbyists, so they get voted in again.

The only people saying something about it are considered "right wing" because there is a right wing party that also says that but is also more extreme, those people should be considered right wing extremists and not the people with a moderate but fair opinion.

And I know a lot of people who are also not extremists and will never vote for such a political party, but they also think that these policies have gone wrong.

It's a never ending loop, the people don't have anything to say in politics because we are culturally divided in one land.

Those things were already planned before you or I was born, just a way of dividing more people.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

and i think all this new germant stuff is to do with their stance on libya, isreal and iraq....the left wingers are controlling the state alot more than what the US had planned for. these meetings with merkel, and the e.coli outbrake i think are all linked....germany needs to readdress its internal issues as its foreign policy is not in line with its "allies"

This is correct in my view. Despite the current Government being center-right they can only maintain their rule if they take left-wing stances on a number of things.

However, that does not include or imply left-wing-extremism.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

top topics

join