It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook recognize faces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
About a year ago Facebook began testing a faster and easier way to tag people in pictures that are uploaded to the social network.

The function compares the images you have already been tagged in order to recognize you in several pictures, and then suggest that your friends tag you in these pictures.

Turned on by default

Source

Several Facebook users worldwide, also here in Norway, has in recent days found that facial recognition feature is turned on automatically, without users have been notified. That can be problematic, writes IT security company Sophos . It's still up to your friends if they want to tag photos of you, but Facebook's Face Detection feature that is now urge your friends to do it. Also read: Therefore, you fear of Facebook Facebook gives no right to pre-approve these tags, instead of pushing responsibility on to you if you want to remove a tag from a photo after tagging has taken place. The new tag feature is not very different from before. Friends have long been able to tag you and you have had "off-tag" up manually, the difference is that the process is now semi-automatic. Dive Full or embarrassed pose? If any of your friends to upload a host images that you may be precipitous full or are in an unattractive pose, it is deleted not you think it is noble that Facebook detects your face and automatically suggest to your friends to tag you your name on the picture.

Sophos reports that some of the problem with this is that Facebook will choose to share your personal information (in this case, images) by default in secret, instead of first to allow users to choose whether they want this feature enabled.

To disable this feature, do the following:

Go to user account - privacy settings on your Facebook Page

Click the "customize your settings"

At point "suggest images of my friends" click "change settings" (this is where Facebook has set as the default setting to "enabled").

Click the "enabled" and select "disabled".

This is scary.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Anunakki because:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe this explaines why my friend got mad at one of her Facebook friends. She thought he kept tagging her in photos and she kept untagging herself. She finally said something to him and he swears he wasn't tagging them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawny2222
Maybe this explaines why my friend got mad at one of her Facebook friends. She thought he kept tagging her in photos and she kept untagging herself. She finally said something to him and he swears he wasn't tagging them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sometimes they are automatically tagged or else the people who post the photos can tag them. I know you can remove the tag on your own photo. You can remove your own "tagged" name where ever it appears and no matter who put it out there, unless it is in the context of a post.

Something really fun to fool around with, I got from my niece is a website called findmydoppelganger.com where you insert a photo and they will choose celebrity pics that match yours. I look 64% like Tom Selleck according to the formula of my face and from the snapshot I posted.
If there is a subscriber who has posted a photo that matches yours they will turn them up in a search.

They think the future for this sort of an application may help to find peoples birth families and missing twins if they have them! Of course we can think of other more nefarious and sinister uses if we try. Still there should be some good things about this for some people who are searching for long lost relatives or something like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Facebook is big brother. George Orwell was right. This is all planned by the CIA and others. We jump right into big brother's arms, not even knowing he is working against us. I am not on facebook.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is totally wrong. They have went from social network to the best thing the CIA and FBI could ever dream of having. I have nothing to hide, but what might happen is someone could rob a bank in Utah who looks very similar to me and next thing I know I am coming up with an alibi for where I was 2 weeks ago on Saturday. Saying that I stayed in and just watched TV wont fly because they have Facebook to prove it was me.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Already Posted :www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
eh, yet another reason to delete my fb profile. :/

top topics

join