It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door (with a SWAT Team!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Had nothing to do with student loans. The raid was looking for the man's wife who was also a resident in the home for fraud;

U.S. Department of Education spokesman Justin Hamilton confirmed for News10 Wednesday morning federal agents with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), not local S.W.A.T., served the search warrant. Hamilton would not say specifically why the raid took place except that it was part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Hamilton said the search was not related to student loans in default as reported in the local media.

OIG is a semi-independent branch of the education department that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud, embezzlement of federal aid and bribery, according to Hamilton. The agency serves 30 to 35 search warrants a year.

New link here:
Questions surround feds' raid of Stockton home (news10.net)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is their way of putting the fear into everyone. ''Beware we rule, we own you'' is the message.

People get terrified by this stuff, leading into more obedience to whatsoever the state demands.

Psy ops operation.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Link is dead. Hopefully more comes out soon

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
We are not heading into a police state, we're already there!

Now the rest of the country is getting a taste of what people on reservations in this country have had to deal with for ages. A Navajo friend of mine who grew up on her reservation and lived there all of her 52 years had a dozen police at her door the other day. They grabbed her up out of her bed and literally carried her out of her house and threw all of her things out into the front yard.

It's called "relocation project". You won't be seeing or hearing about this on the msm.

Just wait until they start kicking you out of your homes, because they found something valuable on your land that they want.

The rest of America is finding out the cold hard truth that you don't matter to tptb. We are going to be seeing more and more of this insanity take place too. This is our future unless we all band together and take back our freedoms.

And yeah I know John Titor is a hoax, but I can't help but think back to when he said to expect more home invasions like this in the future. It's happening right before our eyes, and any one could be next.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm just now catching this. But I still think the way it was handled was over the top. These types of home invasions are meant to strike fear into people.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobdude

Yes, some links have dried up but the the post on page 3 with the video is still working. I think this is the direct link to that post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thunder heart woman

Yes, you are right.... we already live in a Police State. "Prove to Us you're innocent and we'll let you go...(maybe)

edit on 6/9/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
Link is dead. Hopefully more comes out soon

Just enter terms "Stockton" and "SWAT" in the search box on that web page. It will bring up the links to the story.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Right the, the distinction between them and the loan sharks is now completely gone. Guess they can both be thrown into that description, honestly sending 16 armed police to a family household? Why not send them into high-crime neighborhoods?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Had nothing to do with student loans. The raid was looking for the man's wife who was also a resident in the home for fraud;

U.S. Department of Education spokesman Justin Hamilton confirmed for News10 Wednesday morning federal agents with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), not local S.W.A.T., served the search warrant. Hamilton would not say specifically why the raid took place except that it was part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Hamilton said the search was not related to student loans in default as reported in the local media.

OIG is a semi-independent branch of the education department that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud, embezzlement of federal aid and bribery, according to Hamilton. The agency serves 30 to 35 search warrants a year.

New link here:

Thanks for that update, I mentioned earlier in this thread that it didn't make sense to me that they were executing a search warrant over simple debt. Now I can wrap my head around this story.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It's sad that this kind of stuff is becoming more and more common now. Its just a matter of time before they kick in the wrong door of some innocent civilian and someone shoots back. People will only stand so much, and that limit seems to be fast approaching.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Actually just recently on this site i came across a video- that they threw a flashbang through a window onto a young girl around 7-8 and i think they even shot here, either way she died

Ikd if that vid embed worked new to this forum thing,lol anywhere here the link also ATS Police brutality link

edit on 9-6-2011 by Jubosh because: fixxed vieo link

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So if the City of Stockton didn't have anything to do with it was it a FED hit team, er I mean, SWAT Team?

Complete tyranny.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Step 1. Make education so expensive you have to take out massive loans
Step 2. Destroy economy so even with education you can't get a job (to pay loans)
Step 3. Arrest you for not paying your loans.

The plan is complete. What garbage this country has become.

You left out a final step...

Step 4 Since your Ed Loans are not forgivable under bankruptcy code, you enslave that student to BigGov for the rest of their natural life!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

The masses can be herded out of fear for short time periods. Eventually fear turns into hate and at that point the tide will turn into action. Apparently the people in charge are acting out of stupidity or TPTB are working on short time goals.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
The UPDATE: According to the new article the OIG raided the house because the wife of the man is under criminal investigation.

It sounds to me like the lady applied for student loans and somehow swindled away the cash instead of spending it on going to school. Who knows, this woman probably racked up $100,000 in student loans over a period of years, needs to now repay it back, and in their investigation realized the woman swindled the cash.

Personally, I feel that a SWAT raid is still completely unnecessary. I'm sure sending 2 OIG agents to the front door would have sufficed.

My question now is....HOW MUCH DID THE S.W.A.T. TEAM RAID COST TAXPAYERS???

That is just ridiculous. And people don't realize the US is becoming a martial state...

So should we send the whole US Military to get all the bankers and Wall St. crooks that stole the bailout money? After all, they did steal trillions of dollars from the tax payers... Oh I forgot, these crooks are above the law.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

New link here:

Well I think they should really ramp things up RIGHT NOW!

If that is all they do in one year then they have plenty of time to do 545 more to see what they find.
If they are looking for fraud, embezzlement of federal aid and bribery, there would be no better start.

After they are done with that, We the People can take care of the rest of these small fish.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Phew, I was kind of worried for a moment, till I reached the second page. I was about to say how much could this person actually even owe the bank? We gave them what 7 billion in tarp funds? I mean the early colonies were filled mostly with people indebted in Europe, which is also one of the reasons for those immigrants to migrate over here. Plus, we're handing money out left and right to other countries, wasting it with frivolous wars, and then just letting the bankers get away with everything. That's really passing the line. Enjoyed the scary story though.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Perhaps, America should be a cash only society. No more loans. No more credit. Period. Then, no one will have to go through this nonsense of unwarranted breaking and entering someone's private property and nabbing the wrong person to boot.

That's a lesson we all can learn. Don't take out loans/credits/mortgages if you can't afford to repay.

I'd hate to be the one to break it to you, but that would absolutely cripple the country more than it already is. Think about what you're saying man...no homes will be bought, no cars financed, and no business started. That's just for starters, no money going back and forth between the Fed and banks.

I see your "dream" but you obviously have NO idea of how crucial credit and loans are to our economy. Not just our economy either. All industrialized nations have similar practices, most with their governments in a more central role than our own.

To become a cash only society would necessitiate a drasitic, no, a mega-unprecedented change. And I haven't even delved into the fact that our paper money is just that..only paper. We have no hard assets to back it up. But, that's a whole 'nother story.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
OP, I live in Stockton and am personal friends with a columnist for our local paper. Someone in our Facebook community posted the story on his page and asked if the story was legit. My columnist friend said it was his understanding that the story was erroneous, based upon a call Mr. Knight (the owner of the home) placed to News10. He said the story had been pulled from News 10's page due to new developments that supposedly confirmed the initial report was incorrect.

HOWEVER, upon checking this information myself, I noticed my columnist friend is incorrect and that the story was not only NOT pulled, it has subsequent follow-up reports.

I am wondering if Stockton P.D. knew the extent of the forced entry that was going to be used by the Dept. of Education prior to assigning only one Stockton cop to stand by during the raid. I have a feeling some Stockton P.D. brass would have had a major issue with this whole thing because there is absolutely no excuse for the method of entry they used, absent information that would lead them to believe that someone living there might be armed and dangerous. Up to now, there has been no evidence of that.

By the way, OP, I hope you are not presenting that pic of police officers lined up at the front of the door of that home as being a pic from the actual raid, because it isn't.

This whole thing blows me away. I hope Mr. Knight gets some justice.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for the link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join