It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Undefeated,"Palin’s Record Takes Center Stage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.salon.com.../politics/war_room/2011/06/06/sarah_palin_movie
Six things to know about "The Undefeated"

"The Undefeated" was tested before focus groups of liberals who, according to the filmmaker, almost uniformly came away with a greater appreciation of Palin. This was especially true of women. Two different people told me that a liberal producer at a major television network (it was not Fox News) left the movie in tears after "realizing" how badly Palin had been treated by the media.

www.salon.com...

I am just getting comfortable in my chair when the screen suddenly fills with a montage of attacks on the former governor by Mr. Damon and about a dozen other celebrities (John Cleese calls her "a nice-looking parrot," David Letterman says she dresses like a "slutty flight attendant," I forgot what Rosie O’Donnell said, but whatever it was, she didn’t look good saying it). Then things take a truly vicious turn: Some nut paints a picture of Palin being crucified. Another idiot offers vulgarities about Palin and her newborn son, Trig. But that’s not the fun part. As the movie goes on, the attacks on Palin seamlessly segue into lions stalking and feasting on a defenseless zebra; an arrow protruding from the neck of a slain medieval archer; the most horrific car crash I’ve ever seen on film; a bridge (to nowhere?) collapsing; a man literally choking someone to death; a nuclear explosion; a volcano eruption; and, yes, sand being thrown onto the face of a nearly buried corpse. All that is missing is a depiction of Maureen Dowd taunting our dear Sarah while dancing the can-can with Osama bin Laden and setting the Constitution on fire.

Yesterday I read though the hate-filled post and truly understood how powerful the mass media was, and how desperate they are to keep who they want in power,

Once upon a time, before Tina Fey, Katie Couric, "Saturday Night Live," the reality show, and her Twitter account, Sarah Palin was a political wonder: a mom who stood up -- and defeated – powerful members of her own party. Though a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away, even the New York Times favorably noted that Palin "first rose to prominence as a whistle-blower uncovering ethical misconduct in state government."

"The Undefeated" deftly uses local news footage to document this early, now largely forgotten image of Palin (and, yes, she always talked like that). See Palin, apparently single-handedly, enact historic ethics reform, cut state spending, and work with Democrats and the detestable "lamestream media" to pass long-sought laws tackling the corrupt practices of Big Oil (Exxon’s publicist is not going to like this film). Palin’s legitimately earned reformer reputation helped her garner a sustained approval rating of more than 80 percent in her state.

Palin’s Record Takes Center Stage in ‘The Undefeated’
jedediahbila.com...

I couldn't help but notice during the election the gutless wonders our male politicians had become, often wondering why McCain didn't have SP back,

What was really happening here?

The film offers an interesting medical hypothesis for why Washington’s Republican establishment is so dull, gutless and dreary. They are all "eunuchs." None, for example, has the manhood to defend Palin when she comes under attack or to accomplish much else for that matter.

The Bloggers Briefing 06/07/11 10:10AM
www.ustream.tv...

If it hasn't become obvious that something nefarious is happening to this country, and people haven't woken up yet, I don't know what it is going to take.

Bannon illuminates some of Palin’s major policy achievements as governor, including the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA), Alaska’s Clear and Equitable Share (ACES), a strong ethics reform bill, and seeing to it that drilling began at Pt. Thomson after over 25 years of ExxonMobil sitting on its contracts without action. Most importantly, Bannon links it all together through shared themes — a distaste for closed-door negotiations, a belief in the power of free-market competition to yield the best results, and a desire to uphold the Alaska Constitution and to protect the rights and interests of hard-working Alaskans.

jedediahbila.com...

Well, I want to see this documentary.
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You know, I detest this woman. Does anyone know if she has any connections to TPTB? If she doesn't, I may very well put my support behind her.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
You know, I detest this woman. Does anyone know if she has any connections to TPTB? If she doesn't, I may very well put my support behind her.

I am still listening to this BTW

The Bloggers Briefing 06/07/11 10:10AM
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
Let me ask, did you hate her immediately or were you influenced by the media?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
‘The Undefeated’ Review: Doing the Job the Corrupt MSM Won’t

What an indictment of the mainstream media that in order to present to the public the missing pieces of a major political figure’s governing record, an independent filmmaker has to drop a cool million of his own dollars. While our corrupt journalist-class is (at this very moment) out trashing Governor Palin’s children, blaming her for their own acts of public urination and proving they know nothing about Paul Revere (or Google), writer/director Steve Bannon is putting the final touches on “The Undefeated” (this is a review of a rough cut), a feature-length documentary that does the MSM’s job for them — tells the intentionally ignored and buried stories of Sarah Palin’s two decades as an unconventional but very effective public official. Unless you’ve read the Governor’s autobiography “Going Rogue,” anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty will find it impossible to sit through this film and not ask themselves, “Why haven’t I been told this?”

bighollywood.breitbart.com...

Actually the MSM did do its job, they put who they wanted in power, who is the power behind the king makers?

I will take you there.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Could you please link and comment on what it is you detest about her? What do you know about her?

Who are TPTB in your opinion?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Excellent post.

I had heard the movie was winning over dems and liberals that have open minds.

You can forget the hard core I Hate Palin cause ...... Folks.

I got to see her speak twice, met her at one of those events. I will just say this. They fear her because of what she can muster up when it comes to the everyday, plain Joe/Jane American.

When people see this movie, I bet they will see/feel a connection with her.

Again, No US Citizen has ever been attacked by the Media like Palin has. No one. And for what. Cause she accepted John "Spineless" McCain's offer for V.P.

No crimes, no murders, no rapes, no robbery, NOTHING.

What amazes me is how women just sit by and let it go on. They are the biggest shame and losers in this. Just on principle alone.

You live near central PA? We can go together with a bunch here. I will contact IMAX and see if they can get it here. Now that would be AWESOME>
edit on 6/8/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
the filmmaker,
Stephen K. Bannon
www.imdb.com...

I just heard about this film myself.

Palin

did not have any editorial role in the project, Palin facilitated access for Bannon and his film crew to key Alaskan defenders who were involved with the major achievements of her administration, and the filmmaker spent several weeks in the 49th state gathering archival film and conducting research and interviews for the project. He and his team took extraordinary measures to keep their endeavor secret.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I will see this film, even though I'm not a Palin fan. I will say this much, the people who run "palin gates" creep me out. Anyone who dedicates so much effort into making up fairy tales about where her son Trig came from are seriously in need of a life.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for posting, peeps

About the Palin fear,

All one has to do is compare her treatment by the MSM to the treatment Obama receives, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, just some good ole fashioned common sense.

But I would really like to focus on the powers behind the media Breitbart spoke briefly about them yesterday, I am still researching.

We all know we are influenced by commercials, sitcoms, cartoons, the entertainment industry, we have been indoctrinated since birth,

Time to wake up

How could the liberals that sat through the film not have known the vile things that were said about Palin?

edit on 083030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"And in the red corner, we have the undefeated..."

Hey, maybe it's a subliminal marketing thing and she's trying to win over wrestler/boxing fan votes.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't know the woman or any other high profile political figures. All we have to go by is what they say. She repeatedly says nonsense that even a fifth grader should know. Everytime she puts her feet in her mouth she blames the media for asking the questions. Well how about keep it simple stupid. I always say, I didn't know he/she didn't know anything until they opened their mouth and proved it. There are many intelligent/ articulate women who serve in office. She is just a pretty face that McCain thought might put him in the WH. Epic fail as my kids would say. I don't dislike her, i don't know her and really none of us do.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
I will see this film, even though I'm not a Palin fan. I will say this much, the people who run "palin gates" creep me out. Anyone who dedicates so much effort into making up fairy tales about where her son Trig came from are seriously in need of a life.

I was thinking, that anyone with a heart, would have to notice how badly Palin was treated, apparently you have one,

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Naw, she didn't have anything to do with the making of the film.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Do you trust her with a nuclear weapon..... really, do you?
edit on 8-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Do you trust her with a nuclear weapon..... really, do you?
edit on 8-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

I don't know, honestly could any of us be trusted with one?

Who would have thought Obama would have killed Osama, or supported uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Obviously she didn't.

Check the film makers 100's for fingerprints maybe? :-)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The media’s love affair with President Obama
Monday, June 29, 2009

There are several troubling aspects to ABC’s relationship with the administration. Linda Douglass, a former ABC News journalist, is now communications director in the White House’s Office of Health Reform. The Washington Times recently reported that employees of ABC gave 80 times as much in contributions to Obama’s campaign ($124,421) as they did to his Republican opponent, McCain ($1,550). And a study released this month by the Business and Media Institute found that ABC News had aired stories with positive reviews of Obama’s health-care policy 55 times, while it featured just 18 negative stories on the subject.

But the fawning coverage has not been limited to the broadcast networks. A recent study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs examined all the evaluative comments in New York Times stories during Obama’s first 50 days in office. It found that 73 percent of them were favorable.
The Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism compared coverage of this president and his two immediate predecessors over their first 60 days in office by several major media outlets: the networks, the Times, the Washington Post, Newsweek, and PBS’ Newshour. It found that Obama was favorably covered 42 percent of the time, compared to 22 percent for Bush and 27 percent for Clinton.
This bias was not limited to straight news. Unlike his predecessors, Obama received more favorable than skeptical treatment in newspaper opinion pages, too.

Underscoring the celebrity factor, the study found that about twice as much of the coverage of Obama dealt with his “personal and leadership qualities” – not his policies. Media coverage of the trivial is crowding out coverage of important issues.

coverage of the trivial

Still, the question is why?
renovomedia.com...

Personally I don't think any of our representatives have Americans best interest at heart anymore.

The long termers are sell outs, and the newbies are cowards.
edit on 083030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Obviously she didn't.

I can't really make a comment about the film yet, I aint seen it, but the reviews by liberals and conservative are positive, so hopefully we can debate the issue when we get to see it, I will keep updating.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Obviously she didn't.

www.ustream.tv...

Have you listened to this yet, I am only half way through,

Take notes.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think the operative word here is supported rather than started. And most people would agree that Bin Laden was justifiable.

Im afraid Palin would use a nuke the same way she uses facebook and twitter. 140 kilotons or less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join