It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Presses Europe, Pledges Help for Greek Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Obama Presses Europe, Pledges Help for Greek Crisis

www.cnbc.com

President Barack Obama on Tuesday urged European countries and bondholders to prevent a "disastrous" default by Greece and pledged U.S. support to help tackle the country's debt crisis.
A proposal for a second Greek bailout package worth 80 billion to 100 billion euros over three years was taking shape, euro zone sources said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
As an American this should bother you, if you believe in the NWO however this should be a really interesting read. There was a story a while back about Greece threatening to leave the EU and change back to their old currency. The story was denied up and down by officials in Greece but considering their economic hardships it wouldn't be a stretch that they would consider dropping the EU and the euro. If they were planning to take that course of action then they would certainly need to hide it from the euro-thugs until they were certain in their decision. Obama giving our money to Greece seems a lot more like a buy-off than a bailout, at least in my warped conspiracy-loving mind.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

btw heres the article i referenced earlier. Greece denies it but its all a bit fishy so feel free to research it a bit and make your own conclusions

www.spiegel.de...www.spiegel.de...
edi t on 8-6-2011 by BrianC because: more infor

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Guess who's Greece its financial advisor?

Goldman Sachs. (1+1+2) New world order

How many Goldman Sachs humans are in the government of the US?

Is Goldman Sachs Running the U.S. Government? - I Say Yes. Editor's Note: The excerpts below are from an article in Newsweek. I think you will find them interesing, and there is a link to the full article. ‘Government Sachs’ Is Back Who's designing Geithner's rescue plan? Goldman guys, of course. by Michael Hirsh As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end: Goldman Sachs will be there. Back in the '90s and through the mid-'00s, major figures from Goldman Sachs such as Robert Rubin, Gary Gensler and Hank Paulson stood fast against derivatives regulation (Rubin and Gensler) and lobbied successfully for higher leverage ratios so they could bet more of their capital on the market boom (Paulson). When those policies came to grief and Wall Street imploded, and the Feds scrambled to rescue stricken insurance giant AIG, Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein was reportedly the only bank executive invited to an emergency meeting at the New York Federal Reserve (convened by then-Fed president Tim Geithner). Now Treasury Secretary Geithner—a Rubin protégé, of course—has assigned two more ex-Goldman men to fix the vast mess their colleagues helped to create. Read the full article at Newsweek.com - www.newsweek.com...

edit on 8-6-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Guess who's Greece its financial advisor?

Goldman Sachs.

How many Goldman Sachs humans are in the government of the US?

the idea of "Goldman Sachs humans" made me laugh, but good point, those reptile people are pulling some major strings

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Recently read an article...no, I don't remember where...about how the big banks in Europe..and thus, America..have invested in Greece and it's economic bailout. Worse yet...just like a mortsge or the housing bubble...they took the loans to Greece and turned them into derivatives....

ie just like the Banks took mortages and repackaged them as assets and stock investments...they have done the same thing with the laons to Greece

So..just like the mortage bubble...If Greece folds...so does the loans...which inturn makes all the derivatives worthless...all those repackaged Greecian loans are then called up and there is no money and value there...

Just another giant Ponzi Scheme.... and we exacerbate the world wide depression even more.

Obama is doing with Greece what he did with the auto makers and Wall street...Too Big To Fail.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Better say.

They are pulling the strings 100%. That is our main enemy

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I could only laugh at this offer from Obama.
This is like the blind leading the blind.

Listen Obama, if you really wanna help Greece,
kick out the banks. Anything other than that
and you are wasting time and resources.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Goldman Sach "humans" are a corrupted breed of inbreed to buy out nations in dire need of money, but the thing is that they are doing it with Americas hard working tax payers money, because after getting hold of the US government they can pay themselves out of any bad deals with no problem at all, after all they have the slave working class in the US to do that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So, let's get this straight. We are broke. We are talking about a default on our notes. Yet we pledge millions of dollars to help someone else from default? Is it just me or does it seem like Obama really is a moron? WTF !?!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with people in this country that we refuse to stand up and say enough is enough! Are we really so complacent that we just look the other way and hope it will get better? Do we really believe that if we put spoiled milk in the fridge tomorrow it will be good? When the hell are the American people going to wake from their slumber? What is it going to take for us to band together and say stop or else!?!?!? I feel like I am one of a very few number of true Americans that love their country and are helpless in getting it back on track because the stupid f**king masses are too self absorbed to make a stand.

Goddamn it people! This is your country, your liberty, your life! FIGHT FOR IT!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
So, let's get this straight. We are broke. We are talking about a default on our notes. Yet we pledge millions of dollars to help someone else from default? Is it just me or does it seem like Obama really is a moron? WTF !?!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with people in this country that we refuse to stand up and say enough is enough! Are we really so complacent that we just look the other way and hope it will get better? Do we really believe that if we put spoiled milk in the fridge tomorrow it will be good? When the hell are the American people going to wake from their slumber? What is it going to take for us to band together and say stop or else!?!?!? I feel like I am one of a very few number of true Americans that love their country and are helpless in getting it back on track because the stupid f**king masses are too self absorbed to make a stand.

Goddamn it people! This is your country, your liberty, your life! FIGHT FOR IT!

So who's your pick to win Dancing with the Stars this week?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
So, let's get this straight. We are broke. We are talking about a default on our notes. Yet we pledge millions of dollars to help someone else from default? Is it just me or does it seem like Obama really is a moron?
He's only spent our money, our kids' money, and part of our grandkids' money. But he figures our grandkids will have kids, and he figures he hasn't spent their money yet, so he may as well give that to Greece. That way our great grandchildren will have something to do besides just spending money, they will have a debt to repay.

new topics

top topics

join