It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
93 flags for image stitching so far.
Why do people completely refuse to use their common sense here. Verifiable information with links to the original images is provided over and over in these threads, yet the absolute devotion to the belief in "alien structures" has become a religion. It just baffles me... I am both amused at and feel sorry for some of you. I mean, I believe (with zero proof) that there is likely "alien" life of some sort out there somewhere, but it is such an arrogant stretch to believe that "they" must be visiting us. Our solar system is a tiny little insignificant speck in the universe. Even if "aliens" somehow were able to develop faster than light travel, it would be pure dumb luck to stumble across humanity.

Apparently, you don't understand the Ancient Mars theory very well.

Martians evolved on Mars, just like how we evolved on Earth. Nobody said they came from outside the solar system. Their planet is no longer habitable and they may no longer be living on it. The structures, ruins of their monuments and cities are the remnants of their lost civilization, which could have existed millions of years ago. Some cities may be buried, others may not. This is why so much of Mars is blurred by NASA and other space agencies.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
This is why so much of Mars is blurred by NASA and other space agencies.
Considering I have never seen any blurring, does that mean that there aren't any ruins?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The images the OP posted honestly to me look as if they have been edited over...it seems there is something sticking out of the edit lines...like someone painted over it...interesting indeed...

The picture Arken posted was quite fascinating indeed as well...that does look quite like a smoothed platform with adjacent stairs as well as other platforms leading downward and upward...that was an awesome picture...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sirez
The images the OP posted honestly to me look as if they have been edited over...it seems there is something sticking out of the edit lines...like someone painted over it...interesting indeed...
That's because of the way they joined the images together and because of the difference in resolution.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Those were very strange and thanks for posting it. I don't know enough about effects used to blurr out certain anomolies but wonder why it seems to be done so frequently. I recently located this news story from TIME MAG...and photos taken by the Opportunity Craft fairly recently

Patterns of Mars
A high-resolution camera aboard NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter captures the abstract beauty of the Martian landscape

Read more: www.time.com...

edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Google Mars! Are you serious?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join