It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I agree but they don't care. They want to believe what they want even when it's been show many times over what it is. So it doesn't really matter, they will say it's an alien base or ancient structure anyways.

I am the first to believe Mars had a civilization at one time and I also believe parts of that are still there but I dont think you will see it on Google Mars. Even though it has been stated how Google Mars images come about, multiple images, people still ignore it. I think they need to look at older pics of Mars, raw images from the 70s. Those have much more interesting anomalies than Google Mars, but nobody does, they just go to youtube. I have looked at thousands of pics of Mars via NASA's site and there are many interesting pics on there, more so than any of these youtube vids people get via Google Mars. I love looking at Google Mars as well but I have also educated myself on how they get these images and how errors in the imaging process can look like something it isn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Ironically, as I was reading your posts in this thread, I suddenly recalled a book Carl Sagan wrote and although I'm pretty sure you'd pretty much skip, I advise you to take a glimpse the very least - www.amazon.com...=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

If you take a few minutes to get an idea about this book, I suggest you try thinking outside of the box and apply the idea in the book regarding the current case (and actually most cases that I've seen you guys throw around here).

I'd really like to find a certain quote from the book, but my copy isn't at my disposal currently, so I'll have to improvise a bit, but all in all it goes like this - In the near future, the great majority of people will be impressed by imaginary extraordinary tales about things that are of very common origin and have a very normal explanation, thus leaving behind their impression from real science and the actual wonders nature has shown us in many colors, sizes, and forms.

Oh, and I KNOW UFOs are real, as well as I believe life is teeming accross the universe, but one has to first sort through the information, and choose which one is the proper one to question, and just THEN question the hell out of it. I, for one, am sure you guys are on the wrong tracks with these Google Mars series of threads (and other that fall in this category).

p.s. *tin-foil-hat-on* Sometimes I wonder, are disinfo agents really necessary to be the debunkers?

p.s.p.s. PHAGE HAS GIVEN YOU AN IMAGE FROM THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION FROM ANOTHER SOURCE AND THERE ARE NO STRUCTURES.

p.s.p.s.p.s. btw I assume it is possible but very VERY unlikely that there are structures on Mars, however, I am sure about one thing - even if there are such, give up the hopes of finding them on google mars

edit on 8-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1M1B1S

I agree with you.

Here is some interesting stuff to check out:

Mars Record (Michael and Stephanie Relfe):
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Alex Collier:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It would be great if NASA could land a rover with the express purpose of checking out all these anomalies. Its kind of ironic that they are so obsessed with finding evidence of microbial life when there could be actual structures of some kind sitting there on the surface.Even though it might not be evidence of a Martian civilization, it could be evidence of some sort of extraterrestrial expedition that came through the solar system eons ago. Considering the age of the solar system its just possible that at some point an expedition did pass through our system and may have left traces on a planet or a moon. Every time voyager imaged a new body I always wondered if something would show up. Maybe someday a scientist will discover a crashed interstellar ship in one of the images these various probes have returned.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
It would be great if NASA could land a rover with the express purpose of checking out all these anomalies. Its kind of ironic that they are so obsessed with finding evidence of microbial life when there could be actual structures of some kind sitting there on the surface.Even though it might not be evidence of a Martian civilization, it could be evidence of some sort of extraterrestrial expedition that came through the solar system eons ago. Considering the age of the solar system its just possible that at some point an expedition did pass through our system and may have left traces on a planet or a moon. Every time voyager imaged a new body I always wondered if something would show up. Maybe someday a scientist will discover a crashed interstellar ship in one of the images these various probes have returned.

Yeah that isn't gonna happen, they don't want you to see it and anything they have found they edit out or don't show and keep for themselves but sometimes an image will get out on purpose.

I was once told by someone from NASA the best way to show you something is to put it out there where people won't believe it and discount it as fake or a rock or your eyes playing tricks on you. One of my favorite Mars pics gets no attention and many say it's fake and not real yet it's on their site in Spirits picture section, it had a little attention in the late 70s or early 80s if I remember correctly what he said and then nothing. It was that one picture that got this person to tell me who he was and all we did was discuss Mars after that. I thought he was full of crap honestly til I googled him afterwards and realized well ok this person might know a thing or two. So take it however you want. It would be nice to see what they really see but I doubt they will show us and if they do it will be on their terms.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Holy hell. 55 stars for digital image artifacts? When will you people stop believing that these are "structures"? Hey, I have a hot investment deal for you knuckleheads.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

sorry to say that is a DUMB. One's built on Mars as a particle weapons research. Plus that one's been there for sometime since Cold War. Which was just as a last stand against E.T. hostiles.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
One of my favorite Mars pics gets no attention and many say it's fake and not real yet it's on their site in Spirits picture section, it had a little attention in the late 70s or early 80s if I remember correctly what he said and then nothing. It was that one picture that got this person to tell me who he was and all we did was discuss Mars after that.
Could you tell us which picture is that? Or start your own thread about it?

Now I'm curious about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You know the pic, I messaged you about it awhile ago and we have different views

I always liked the pic and it peeked my curiosity even more after this person said something to me after he saw me showing his buddy this pic. I was honestly surprised at his comments but it doesn't matter when I don't have any proof and I won't state who he is as I promised I wouldn't. Whether it is true or not we may never know but being who he is and what he did I took what he said with some credit.

There are threads on it which is why I never made one on it.
Sol Spirit 513 is the pic.
Looks like a statue in the sand or a rock to most

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

You can't be serious, the rovers life maybe travel 17 km. There are no anomalies, its digital transmission interference and image merging when data is lost. Its a long way out there you know.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Although these anomalies can most likely be explained, the interpretation of these pieces is fueled by human curiosity. When mankind stood on the shores of Europe, prior to the construction of efficient ships, they looked upon the horizon with a sense of awe. Philosophically they asked themselves, "Will we fall off the surface? Can we reach the point where water and space meet? Are the gods waiting at the water's end?".

Until we create the technology to reach Mars, the scientific examination of these pieces will have to wait. We need archeologists and scientists to stand on Mars, so they can do a thorough scientific analysis. NASA can make up theoretical observations through a telescope, but they have not been able to give us all the answers.

All we have is speculation until hands on studies can be made.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

It would be cool, but I have my doubts that the "agency" would expose some information about vestiges of civilizations. At most, we can wait for some announce about amoebas or bacterias. A discovery like this is priceless and the "agency" knows better than anyone the value, that the control of information worth.
edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Amen to that, well said.

I've played around a lot with Google Earth / Moon / Mars / Sky and in most cases, the anomaly (whatever it may be) often seems to be "copy/paste"d a little further following a straight line and repeated several times. Also, most of the time this is apparent when 2 different images meet and are "stitched" together.

I made a small video for YouTube a while ago showing some Google Moon anomalies and tried to prove a point that most of them are glitches, image artifacts. Ive taken it down for some reason... don't know why lol. I will re-upload it after this post sometime.

User name Jeedawg, video was called Google Moon Anomalies.

IMO, you will never get any definitive proof using Google earth/moon/mars/sky! They have been up for many years now, anything that might of been there has been blurred/cut out (if anything was there). Id be on the lookout for blurred squares, it might be indicative of them trying to hide something but seriously don't waste your time, you might as well go for the original NASA/ESA images.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Pyramids. They look to go to a point.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by RUSSO

sorry to say that is a DUMB. One's built on Mars as a particle weapons research. Plus that one's been there for sometime since Cold War. Which was just as a last stand against E.T. hostiles.

Are you saying they are mormons DUMBs?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I want to BELIEVE

Anyway, sometime back I was into seeking out these sort of anomalies, and found some interesting ones on the Moon. The one below is my favorite (SPACE SHIP).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Nice one SpaceJockey1.

sfy.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You can see the same thing on some google earth pixel errors... which obviously proves there are alien structures on earth too !.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I havn't read the thread yet but certainly not natural.

Thanks for taking the time to make a vid

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Too bad it turned out not to be a ship in other images I saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join