It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Looking at google earth for signs from the moon or mars is flawed beyond belief!

Seriously!! Its like looking through a public library for the presidents secret book. People dont realize that things like Google Earth and Mars are probably skimmed over by the government hundreds of times before being put out there - you people think youll uncover a massive conspiracy of structures on another planet by simply trolling online sources regulated by the very conspirators covering it up?

Ha they probably frequent these threads when they need a good laugh.

And do you think they ever, ever, never make a mistake? Like mkultra, The Gunpowder Plot, the Watergate scandal,etc. well the list goes on and on. But you are sure the government did not made a mistake in those huh.

I dont think they had a good laugh in those conspiracies scandals.

edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This is the VERY FIRST "structures on mars" post that didn't look like rocks to me. Flagging to draw the attention of better-educated peoples...

This covers my feelings exactly. Only lately have I begun to question Mars. I've always known there's something strange about the planet, but it's just now where I'm starting to believe that maybe Mars is more then just a dead rock floating in space.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This is usually just satellite artifacts. If you feel it might be something. go to Google earth, switch to mars, and flip up the live-capture images of the surveyor probes. They usually get updated images every couple of weeks.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by RUSSO

Thanks Arken. These structures, indeed, look like stairs and resembles the structures we find in Machu Pichu.

SFY

This is what Machu Pichu looks like from space, the Mars photos do not remotely look similar.....besides you're not going to see steps or stairs from space!

edit on 8-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

These are not basalt rock... these are Buildings...

Like these.

This image is wide at least 400 meters...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This is the VERY FIRST "structures on mars" post that didn't look like rocks to me. Flagging to draw the attention of better-educated peoples...

This covers my feelings exactly. Only lately have I begun to question Mars. I've always known there's something strange about the planet, but it's just now where I'm starting to believe that maybe Mars is more then just a dead rock floating in space.

We are the dead ones who believe Mars is just a rock floating in space. I have a strong feeling that in Mars We'll find the answers we need to a next step in evolution. but maybe we've already done. When I say we, I mean, that small group that controls everything. It's a lot of money that we do not know the destination. I like the word SPACEGATE.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

size of the polygons in columnar basalt depends on cooling rate, slow cooling on Earth can give columns with maybe a meter polygon width. Not sure about on Mars, but would suspect a faster cooling rate because of surface Temp.

However, I think they are eroded structural joint sets (three dimensional planes of dilation/weakness) caused by compressional or tensional stresses. an Earth example upload.wikimedia.org...
The size like you point out is one reason against these being basaltic cooling joints (columns). Another reason, if you look at the image:

http://
hirisepds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/RDR/PSP/ORB_008400_008499/PSP_008427_1380/PSP_008427_1380_RED.abrowse.jpg

there are these columns within impact craters. Hellas Basin is a HUGE impact crater itself, and so these smaller impact craters came after the big impact (otherwise they would be covered by debris and impact melt (maybe basalt, maybe andesite). The fact that the columns are within the smaller, later impact craters shows these came after both the Big impact that created Hellas, and the small impacts that created the smaller craters within Hellas. So my opinion (as geochemist and not structural geologist
is that these columns were created by the regional stresses within the Hellas Basin resulting from rebounding of the crust in the center of the basin after the Hellas impact.

But like I said Im not a Martian structural geologist, so just my opinion based on Earth geology.
The other option, if you want to buy into these being "man"-made is that they were built within the smaller craters after both the big Hellas Basin impact and after the small crater impacts

edit on 8-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Those are left over from the stitching of images, if you look around that area and follow the line where 2 different quality images meet, you will see those all along the line.

I would highly doubt these "structures" would only appear where 2 different pictures meet.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nice one

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
this looks like the same things i found on mars in a different area. but like what was pointed out to me its prob just the 2 images stitched together. here are the coordinates of what i found if you want to look

45°56'55.51"N 23°32'17.57"E
45°42'39.84"N 23°33'31.02"E
45° 0'37.09"N 23°37'36.28"E
43°47'19.47"N 23°43'39.98"E
41°46'54.62"N 23°53'2.53"E

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Sad to say, but if there is something to this and that other thread (Proof: life on mars), then you know google, through whomever's directive will be loading up all sorts of madness in their mars images to give more for those "crazy conspiracy theorists" to chase, and then exploit them. To me it's almost like every creditable conspiracy has had anomalies or strange facts inserted that give something for people who can think for themselves to run on, and then the MSM just points at those "crazy conspiracy theorists" and laughs, in order to sway the mass opinion of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
People have to STOP only referring themselves to Google Mars. Can you show us these "structures" on different images from the same area? No you cant because, like i said, these only, and i cant stress this enough, these ONLY appear where 2 different images are stitched together.

Please i beg you to show me different, because i truly believe that something might be up there, but unfortunately, this isnt it and will only create more confusion, people believe anything they see on the internet.

Like i said in my earlier post, follow the line where the 2 images meet, there and only there will you find these.
This strongly suggests that they are image artifacts leftover from when they stitch all the images together.

Prove us wrong, get pics from another source that Google Mars and show us the same,THEN you have a case.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I obviously disagree with you, I think they are natural rock formations. But at least this is something real. the space base, and "bunkers" are just image and processing defects. But whether you think these are buildings or blocky rocks, they are very cool.

If you have looked at the original photo
http://
hirisepds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EXTRAS/RDR/PSP/ORB_008400_008499/PSP_008427_1380/PSP_008427_1380_RED.abrowse.jpg

these things are all over that photo and all over the Hellas Basin, thats one BIG city!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

"Someone" has shown us these before.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Someone" also thinks they are seeing buildings.
They are not buildings.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

These are not basalt rock... these are Buildings...

Interesting...

Based on orbital observations and the examination of the Martian meteorite collection, the surface of Mars appears to be composed primarily of basalt.

Mars

You're probably right though, "structures" are a way more logical conclusion to jump to as opposed to the known observation of characteristics, and composition of an igneous rock that is found right here on earth, not to mention multiple planets, the moon, and an asteroid.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Like someone here said,it's probably some error...

link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg
People have to STOP only referring themselves to Google Mars. Can you show us these "structures" on different images from the same area? No you cant because, like i said, these only, and i cant stress this enough, these ONLY appear where 2 different images are stitched together.

Please i beg you to show me different, because i truly believe that something might be up there, but unfortunately, this isnt it and will only create more confusion, people believe anything they see on the internet.

Like i said in my earlier post, follow the line where the 2 images meet, there and only there will you find these.
This strongly suggests that they are image artifacts leftover from when they stitch all the images together.

Prove us wrong, get pics from another source that Google Mars and show us the same,THEN you have a case.

totally agree with you, Google Mars is a dog's breakfast of images and processing! have to go to the original images which myself and many others have given the addresses to. maybe someone should start another thread fot the Mars "machu pichu" because it is actually a real feature and not image defect.

But the original anomaly of this thread, the "bunkers" is totally explained imho

link   

However the image "Falls in Hellas Basin" must be rotate on South-East.

The image (only a little portione of the Hellas Planitia region) is at least 14 km. x 6 km.

Into that image there are thousands and thousands of column of basalt (BUILDINGS) and some of them have the wide of hundreds meters each one.

The majority of the structures, for kilometers and kilometers, are perfecly squared and are ALL alligned on the same direction.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Damn, late to the ball again

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Not really.
"Someone" likes to throw these "buildings" around a lot.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

yup, another reason i think they are tectonic joint sets
they are aligned by the regional stress field
edit on 8-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join