It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think your on to something. For all the doubters, we have flying saucers, so why the hell would we not have a couple bases on mars?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well, if you are so sure about this, I think everyone here HAVE to do the same.

And what this pic you posted have to do with this thread?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensquad414
These structures to me don't look like any type of natural rock formation.

This for sure. Not natural.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by RUSSO
And, yes, still makes me remember when I went to Machu Pichu. The photo that Arken showed, reminds me of what I saw there. Maybe you should go see for yourself.

You missed the point........images taken from space won't look like "stairs" from Machu Pichu......even the REAL Machu Pichu........doesn't look like "stairs" when viewed from space.

You missed the point. Where I said something about space in my post?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

What doesn't look natural?

Basalt is natural, and can have quite the amount of straight lines and polygons.

Basalt

Here is just one example of many:

Something interesting to note from wiki:

On Earth, most basalt magmas have formed by decompression melting of the mantle. Basalt has also formed on Earth's Moon, Mars, Venus, and even on the asteroid Vesta.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I think you missed the context. Im not talking about that mate, Im talking about this:

edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You missed the point. Where I said something about space in my post?

The image where you said it looks like the "stairs" of Machu Pichu.........where was that image taken from?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

As HiRISE only has high resolution images, its images cover a very small area (usually some 6km by 8km area).

To show all of Mars surface, Google Earth (or NASA's World Wind) use images from several missions (Viking Orbiter 1 and 2, Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (with images from HiRISE and from the Context Camera) and Mars Express) and from different resolutions.

So, to find the original images, we have to look in other places.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I think your on to something.

I don't!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why this this area is brushed?
It wasn't brushed, it's a low resolution image next to a higher resolution image. A wider view of that area shows that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e253be1f5861.jpg[/atsimg]
You can see the higher resolution strips over the lower resolution images.

Reflections like the face? Real structures? Well, I think there is no better place to find the truth but here on ATS.
Reflections? What reflections are you talking about?

What you guys think?
It's just another case of bad joining of different images.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I posted original photo location of joint sets "machu pichu" on page 2. HiRISE photo

they may be columnar jointing in basalt as suggested above...here is another martian example on smaller scale.

www.uahirise.org...

or may be eroded joint set, not from cooling basaltic magma (impact melting), but from tectonic stresses, rebound after impact etc. Here's a Earth example en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Joints_Caithness.JPG

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by funbox

As HiRISE only has high resolution images, its images cover a very small area (usually some 6km by 8km area).

To show all of Mars surface, Google Earth (or NASA's World Wind) use images from several missions (Viking Orbiter 1 and 2, Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (with images from HiRISE and from the Context Camera) and Mars Express) and from different resolutions.

So, to find the original images, we have to look in other places.

Do you have any idea where we can find it?

Reflections like when the story emerged from the face on Mars. But I dont think so.

It's just another case of bad joining of different images.

How can you be so sure? Because, in this way, it seems we have a "conspiracy" of bad professionals working in google.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
For the "bunker" anomalies,
here is the Mars Express photo/file of the higher-res photo of the location that ArMaP posted above (photo strip on the left of the border)

http://
viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H1398_0000_ND4

the lower res image to the right of the border must be a MOC image but not sure.

Here is another Mars Express photo/file that shows a high-res (but low contrast) image that includes that photo border between 2 different resolution photos, where the "bunkers" are. There are no bunkers in this image.

http://
viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H1636_0000_ND3

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
reply to post by Arken

Here is link to that HiRISE photo and explanation of "Machu Pichu"

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

"The long shadows emphasize small scale topographic features. Wind erosion is responsible for much of the morphology in this region."

at same site, do a search for Hellas Basin, some crazy structure and other features in that crater

Here is also a cool online viewer of HiRISE images
marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...
edit on 8-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

A TIP: ROTATE THE "FALL IN HELLAS BASIN" image ON SOUTH-EAST

edit on 8-6-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of a structure. I believe both extraterrestrial and human life has visited or have been there, and wouldn't be surprised if they still are.

Good find!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

why South-East? those joint sets are all over that photo, and all over that part of the Hellas Basin.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Looking at google earth for signs from the moon or mars is flawed beyond belief!

Seriously!! Its like looking through a public library for the presidents secret book. People dont realize that things like Google Earth and Mars are probably skimmed over by the government hundreds of times before being put out there - you people think youll uncover a massive conspiracy of structures on another planet by simply trolling online sources regulated by the very conspirators covering it up?

Ha they probably frequent these threads when they need a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

What doesn't look natural?

Basalt is natural, and can have quite the amount of straight lines and polygons.

Basalt

Here is just one example of many:

Something interesting to note from wiki:

On Earth, most basalt magmas have formed by decompression melting of the mantle. Basalt has also formed on Earth's Moon, Mars, Venus, and even on the asteroid Vesta.

How large are those marvelous basalt rocks?
edit on 8-6-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is it just me or would some greedy corp that invested a lot of dough in a product no one uses..... would they just kinda make some 'mistakes' here and there so crowds of people clamor to use their product?

Is everyone being played by these 'mistakes'?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

from the HiRISE site
"How Long Does it Take for an Image to Get Processed?
After an image is acquired by the HiRISE camera, it takes about 15 minutes to transmit it from the spacecraft to Earth, via the Deep Space Network (DSN). It can take a few hours for the data to be transmitted from the DSN to JPL, and JPL then sends the data to HiROC within an hour. Once an image is received by HiROC computers, it takes about two hours for our pipelines to process it. We then have to wait a week for the ephemerides (position of spacecraft relative to Mars) data to be constructed. After that, it takes about two hours to complete the remainder of the image processing."

so unless NASA and JPL hijack the data and wipe out any anomalies within a few hours (for thousands of images), government censorship of these images doesnt make much sense.

And scientists at the University of Arizona (HiRISE operations center) are like scientists everywhere...not gov't shills but publicity %$6$%s
if the prime investigator (PI) or his grad students or regular students found an alien artifact they would be the first to get their names in the history books.

Another cool thing about HiRISE, the PI gives graduate level planetary geo classes where the students pick the targets. and here www.uahirise.org... even the general public can make an account and make suggestions on where you want images. I just signed up, now have to think of a target

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join