It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kigamboni
Try using the original images, When you load google MArs just look at the joints, and image art all over the place. In some of them you could swear they are farming,,, with green grass and purple flowers,, a request to google for higher res images would be a nice thing,,,maybe one day...

I think this will going to happen when there's nothing more to be discovered there.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
lol, I just came across this new claim too, video on youtube of these bunkers. Like you said where two images of differing resolution are stitched together. But really cool area and pics of Mars in the original source photos.

http://
viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H1398_0000_ND4

in bottom half of the photo some really interesting polygonal landscape with very high relief or extreme angle of sun, to give really dark shadows that seem more man-made than any of these photo defects so far
. Probably permafrost polygons but not sure.

posted this in other mars station thread. Definitely a different type of photo-flaw than the white pixel line.
The first link is link to one of the Mars Express photos that covers one of the areas of "bunkers" but there are a couple others that cover the area. Interestingly they did a number of passes over the same area, a few of the passess look very low quality, one has extreme sun angle (very dark and dramatic shadows) and one appears to be at high sun (very minor shadows and contrast). So not sure if the poor image quality of the passes or google selecting one of the poor passes is reason for the "stitching" effect between the two images.

The second link is screenshot of the general area which is a pretty cool area with or without bunkers.
40° 6'28.53"N 100°35'7.47"E is the bunker covered by the first link photo.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is a list of similar artifacts here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

45°56'55.51"N 23°32'17.57"E
45°42'39.84"N 23°33'31.02"E
45° 0'37.09"N 23°37'36.28"E
43°47'19.47"N 23°43'39.98"E
41°46'54.62"N 23°53'2.53"E

You'll notice that they all occur along the line where two images are stitched together.
That's a good indication that they are artifacts of the stitching process rather than something on the surface. And no, they do not appear in the source images.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
off-topic but i call this picture Recreation Center OMEGA

www.msss.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is a list of similar artifacts here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

45°56'55.51"N 23°32'17.57"E
45°42'39.84"N 23°33'31.02"E
45° 0'37.09"N 23°37'36.28"E
43°47'19.47"N 23°43'39.98"E
41°46'54.62"N 23°53'2.53"E

You'll notice that they all occur along the line where two images are stitched together.
That's a good indication that they are artifacts of the stitching process rather than something on the surface. And no, they do not appear in the source images.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Do you have the source images? I want to see this.

Still, I think this:

Is different is from this:

But who knows?

And I'm sure, based on all the posts that I know you already wrote here on ATS, that your conclusion would not be different from this. But I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Mars is full of Alien Structures, my friend. Full as we never could imagine!
S&F.

This is a gift from The HELLaS Basin.

The martian "Machu Pichu"...

edit on 8-6-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Where are the "alien structures" in that image?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by funbox
reply to post by RUSSO

if i was on the team that did the google earth stitching, i wouldn't be happy about it.
funbox

A nice and a standardized error

If I were the boss, this would not happen again. And if it happens, at least, I would have to give some explanations to the public.

Maybe you should ask for your money back.

Oooh... Right.

You got what you paid for.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Some more Interesting images have emerged again. What can this be?

Okay so now that the Japan 11 Earthquake Tsunami is a fading memory we get a sudden drop in the rash of imminent earthquake predictions at ATS.

So the earthquake prediction season is finally tailing off......only to be replaced by......I can see buildings on "Mars & the Moon"

I guess whatever's in season right?
edit on 8-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks Arken. These structures, indeed, look like stairs and resembles the structures we find in Machu Pichu.

SFY

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Here is link to that HiRISE photo and explanation of "Machu Pichu"

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

"The long shadows emphasize small scale topographic features. Wind erosion is responsible for much of the morphology in this region."

at same site, do a search for Hellas Basin, some crazy structure and other features in that crater

Here is also a cool online viewer of HiRISE images
marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...
edit on 8-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great find. These structures to me don't look like any type of natural rock formation. Then again it could be some type of pixel error just like someone else has suggested. I would like to hear what others have to say about these strange structures.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Thanks Arken. These structures, indeed, look like stairs and resembles the structures we find in Machu Pichu.

SFY

This is what Machu Pichu looks like from space, the Mars photos do not remotely look similar.....besides you're not going to see steps or stairs from space!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

To a geologist, this is nothing more than a crystallized basalt deposit from a magma plume.

There are many formations on earth like this. Some basalt cools and crystallizes into huge geometric columns which are rectangular and polyhedral shaped.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Some more Interesting images have emerged again. What can this be?

Okay so now that the Japan 11 Earthquake Tsunami is a fading memory we get a sudden drop in the rash of imminent earthquake predictions at ATS.

So the earthquake prediction season is finally tailing off......only to be replaced by......I can see buildings on "Mars & the Moon"

I guess whatever's in season right?

Are you, by accident, the cousin of the funny one guy? The annoying unfunny one ?

WTH are you talking about? Better than that, what is the reason you lose your time here?

And, yes, still makes me remember when I went to Machu Pichu. The photo that Arken showed, reminds me of what I saw there. Maybe you should go see for yourself.

Like this one:

link

And please, if you want to join the discussion, make constructive comments.

Returning to the topic.
edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Look at the orientation of the pixels from the ORIGINAL images, if the "structures" straight lines are either parallel or perpendicular to the pixels then it must be a image artifact. Show me some structures that are from the originals that do not match right angles to the pixels of the original image.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

And, yes, still makes me remember when I went to Machu Pichu. The photo that Arken showed, reminds me of what I saw there. Maybe you should go see for yourself.

You missed the point........images taken from space won't look like "stairs" from Machu Pichu......even the REAL Machu Pichu........doesn't look like "stairs" when viewed from space.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Posted elsewhere on ATS, but bears repeating in this thread since many have obviously not seen it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3985773da69.png[/atsimg]

compared to the google mars image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06262206062d.png[/atsimg]

Its just a computer generated artifact, guys.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
has anybody thought that maybe, just maybe, they are starting/ getting ready to colonize mars? pretty sure that makes sense, just why do they have to keep it under wraps?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Originally posted by funbox
reply to post by RUSSO

if i was on the team that did the google earth stitching, i wouldn't be happy about it.
funbox

A nice and a standardized error

If I were the boss, this would not happen again. And if it happens, at least, I would have to give some explanations to the public.

Maybe you should ask for your money back.

Oooh... Right.

You got what you paid for.

Oooh... Right.

If this is the service they can provide, I'm very happy of not to pay anything at all.

And I still think they can do better than this. HiRe images.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join