It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery: Strange structures on Mars - June 7, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Some more Interesting images have emerged again. What can this be?

June 2011 - This location on Mars was sent to me by one of our readers (40° 6'28.53"N 100°35'7.47"E) and I decided to make a video of it. You can also check this out on Google Earth.

This symmetrical structures on Mars are more than 100 meters long (350 feet) and they are all located on the same line of longitude.

Link

The coordinates are: 40° 6’28.53″N 100°35’7.47″E

Why this this area is brushed?

Reflections like the face? Real structures? Well, I think there is no better place to find the truth but here on ATS.

Pictures taken from the video clip.

What you guys think?

edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is the VERY FIRST "structures on mars" post that didn't look like rocks to me. Flagging to draw the attention of better-educated peoples...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately this could be anything. Most probably in my opinion is that this is some pixel error.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

ah-HA!

Another fine find!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am laughing at the "it's and artifact of a cosmic ray" crowd. That's what I think! SOMETHING big is on the surface of Mars and a monolith on one of the moons imho.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I'm with you on this one, usually i don't see anything but a blurry image or rocks. I don't know what's shown here ut i can see the resemblance to a building.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
For those that don't have google Mars can you get the link to the original pic of the area used to create the composite for google Mars from NASA?

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
For those that don't have google Mars can you get the link to the original pic of the area used to create the composite for google Mars from NASA?

This is the key.
The google images are stitches together in a non-perfect manner than creates artifacts. The ONLY images worth looking at are the original NASA ones.
If you spot something in a google mars image, the very first thing you should do is the check the original source material to see if it is also there. Otherwise frankly its all a complete waste of everyone's time.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This is the VERY FIRST "structures on mars" post that didn't look like rocks to me. Flagging to draw the attention of better-educated peoples...

It seems to be a large structure, like a wall. The coordinates are 40 ° 6'28 .53 "N 100 ° 35'7 .47" E.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

This is the key.
The google images are stitches together in a non-perfect manner than creates artifacts. The ONLY images worth looking at are the original NASA ones.
If you spot something in a google mars image, the very first thing you should do is the check the original source material to see if it is also there. Otherwise frankly its all a complete waste of everyone's time.

Did you not read my reply? I am very well aware of this, I dont go by videos from youtube. I want the original pictures which is what I asked the OP.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Looking at google earth for signs from the moon or mars is flawed beyond belief!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

well heres the website with the original images.

hi rise

but to me this website is an nightmare of navigation in itself , or i dont know how to use it properly. finding the images by co ords looks like a no no . pah what a joke.

have fun trying to find the region in question

blindbox

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Ha yeah I suck at finding them as well. I u2u'd a member who seems to be much better at it than me so hopefully he will respond, I think he will
and maybe he will tell me how he does it.

Thanks!

Haha I just that that page has 18,854 images lol that would be a lot of looking...

edit on 6/8/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It seems that this guys on google are trying hard to make mistakes. Why this "artifact"does not occur in all the merge of those images. Why only at specific points? What is the technical reason of this occur?

In my view, this image is clear. What could this be is what puzzles me.

edit on 8-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

"Moon vision" kicks in after a few months...

...then it is really obvious! Welcome aboard I say

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

enough plausible deniability to go around , its plausible that such terrible workmanship by an apparent professional company can go by the board. yep certainly, along with all the other plausible excuses.

if i was on the team that did the google earth stitching, i wouldn't be happy about it.

funbox

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by RUSSO

"Moon vision" kicks in after a few months...

...then it is really obvious! Welcome aboard I say

Welcome aboard

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
it's name is "ya right"

30yr old base but it is chinese, not russian.

no one will believe it, right

u should see ours.

lol! no really, awesome don't begin......

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Try using the original images, When you load google MArs just look at the joints, and image art all over the place. In some of them you could swear they are farming,,, with green grass and purple flowers,, a request to google for higher res images would be a nice thing,,,maybe one day...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
reply to post by RUSSO

if i was on the team that did the google earth stitching, i wouldn't be happy about it.
funbox

A nice and a standardized error

If I were the boss, this would not happen again. And if it happens, at least, I would have to give some explanations to the public.

Everytime is the same answers, but not the same image patterns.
Which is strange because it is the same technical error according to some here taht insist on claiming this, everytime.

This:

Is the same to this?

Dont think so. Both intriguing images.

ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join