It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I will build my monument out of wood with the four orientated cardinal points each marked by a statue and 'feature' relating to the element represented. I am thinking on the lines of a table with a central supporting stone leg surrounded by a circular seat in a quiet corner of the garden under a wooden gazeboo type thing. I would probably separate my monument off by a low fence and water feature. I would want to sit out there, make is a 'retreat'/sacred space.

Constructed as follows, a large circular magnetized sheet, upon which would be a good quality circular sheet of wood. In the Centre would be placed a wooden earth. Radiating out would be 10 marked circles representing the orbits of the solar system. In each I would have a small magnetized statue of the respective planets placed where they currently are. I would have a blank circle for oddities like Elenen next then a bronze band measuring out the 360 degrees of the Zodiac and each sign carved into it.

Lastly I would have a free band which could be moved at will. On this outer circle would be a map of the visible constellations, the fixed stars and the outlines emphasized that the Ancients recognized. Over time the Zodiac has progressed so it does not quite align as it use to, which is why the outer band is left to stand free. I'm quite looking forward to actually getting it made some time. Thanks for the question.

I expect I'm marching to a different drum as usual, but when I read 'Wiki' I threw my hands up in dismay etc. For me you can't ignore or take astrology out of the ancient world because virtually every culture had and widely used the Zodiac. It was the tool through which those ancient people and people through the ages, interpretate the 'above and how it relate to their below'.

I think the deliberate ridiculing and erasing of astrology and the Zodiac's ancient wisdom is a shame and loss. The Zodiac and all the ways it was interpretated, must have taken aeons to develope. It was used virtually universally by every culture to interpret the ancient's meanings of the astronomy going on in the sky and was used pictorially to show the date.

<< 1   >>

join