It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Somebody Else Is On The Moon', by George H. Lenord

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
i recently came across this book, in hard cover format

first edition not sure of subsequent publishings

1976 through amazon books

this title fetches around $120 or so

i am three chapters in and so far

am hooked

has anyone else read this book

and if so

what are you opinions

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

Go on then, give us a brief synopsis of the salient points.

edit on 8-6-2011 by jehova620 because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I was actually thinking about picking that book up. There are a lot of older books that are sometimes sensationalized but make for good reads you can find on Amazon or second-hand bookstores. I just picked one up by an Albert K. Bender last week, "Flying Saucers and the Three Men in Black."

Really looking forward to a good synopsis to see if it's a worthwhile read.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
reply to post by Truther9111776

Go on then, give us a brief synopsis of the salient points.

Oh man, you are going to love this.

There is this search engine called 'google' and if you type the book's title into the bar on the homepage and hit enter a bunch of synopsises are to be found.

It is totally awesome.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
There is this search engine called 'google' and if you type the book's title into the bar on the homepage and hit enter a bunch of synopsises are to be found.

i did and came across a funny story:

Around 25 years ago I read a book titled "Somebody Else is on the Moon." The author claimed he saw all kinds of buildings, bridges, and construction equipment in photographs of the moon, taken by astronomers. The book contained a few dozen photographs where these artifacts could be seen, but I was never able to see them. I wrote a TRS80 game based upon the book, and then wrote a letter to the author describing the game: he wrote back giving me permission to sell the game.

Even though I was 16 years old at the time I realized the author was "seeing" what was not actually there: the artifacts he claimed to see were not and are not there. Later, in high school, I learned about Professor Lowell believing he saw massive "canal works" on Mars, which was also a figment of hius imagination: Leonard was therefore in good company when he wrote this book reporting upon his imaginary artifacts. I remember feeling sorry for the author, realizing he had deluded himself. (Yes, I still have his letter.)

Sadly, there is nothing within this book of any redeeming value. It is not entertaining; it is not informative; it is one long plea for the reader to see that which IS NOT THERE.

and

the amazing structures he sees in these photos are just at the edge of resolution. Alas, he never mentions that NASA has images (publically available) of the exact same areas but taken much closer to the ground.

i love it, its like lunacognita in the old days but even luna is faaaar more close to the real hidden ones than this book probably is

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Lunacognita is a great researcher.

Here is one of my favorite anomalies of his:

Look at the shadow it casts.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

cowabunga dude!

I bought it off amazon and when i git it there war pages mizzin i tells ya!

Very cool book - if only i had those missing plates hmm
www.amazon.com...
Around $90 about 3 years back

OP you spelt his name wrong dude@George H Leonard
edit on 8-6-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: George H Leonard IM A HUMAN BEING GODDAMNIT!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I met Leonard in Washington soon after the book came out and became convinced he was a sincere crackpot. His work is treated at length in my 1982 book on 'Outer Space mysteries', excerpted here:

www.jamesoberg.com...

"Myths and Mysteries of the Moon" Chapter 4, "UFOs and Outer Space Mysteries", 1982 (large PDF - 7mb)
Centuries of stories: Gruithuisen's 'Moon City' (1823), NY Sun's moon men (1835), the vanishing crater Linné, psychic predictions of the moon's hidden side, the vanishing "Soviet Mountains" of the Luna-3 images (1959), towering moon spires ("Blair Cuspids"), Joseph Goodavage's articles (1970's), Apollo-16 moonwalkers buzzed by UFOs, "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" by Don Wilson (1975) including Gordon Cooper's Mercury-9 UFO report and the moon's hollowness [based on a satirical prank Soviet story by Vasin and Shcherbakov], George Leonard's "Somebody Else is on the Moon" (1976), Jim Safran's moon critter drawings, William Kaysing's 'Apollo hoax' theory, the books of Morris Jessup, and others.

Page 93 has a photo of me and George Leonard together.

edit on 8-6-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hard for George to defend himself...

So I'll let Jay Weidner do it for him... Last weeks brilliant show - in the middle (part 4?) he gives your details Jim...

You heard that yet matey?
edit...actually its the 2nd part of the show not 1st
edit on 8-6-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I came across that book in a library a long time ago [around '79, I believe]. I remember wondering to myself how something that ridiculous could get published in the first place. The leaps of logic and wild speculations were breathtaking.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Because logic would mean what exactly?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Not watching zeitgeist now.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I bet I got the copy of the book and you took out those missing pages right!?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Heeeeeeeeeer`s Oberg. That means you must be on to something matey!
He is like a blind guy standing in the middle of the freeway telling you there is no traffic.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Jim Oberg is a Great American.

He put it all on the line for our astronauts and has done a hell of alot for this country - so you should be glad he's here telling us how wrong we are and such.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
i recently came across this book, in hard cover format

first edition not sure of subsequent publishings

1976 through amazon books

this title fetches around $120 or so

i am three chapters in and so far

am hooked

I am afraid it all too clearly illustrates people's desire to find evidence of other civilisations on other planetary bodies in our own solar system.
Yesterday's Mars bio station "discovery" clearly is a case in point.....someone spots an anomaly in the photos/images and immediately it is labelled as a building of some kind by that person.

Little seems to have changed in this respect.
There will always be people that believe that "Aliens" have basses on the Moon and Mars....even if the there is no REAL evidence to support any such fantastical claims.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

I am afraid it all too clearly illustrates people's desire to find evidence other civilisations on other bodies of our own solar system.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Billions of people do stranger stuff everyday... For example, some people pray to a Jewish zombie and pretend to eat his flesh on Sundays.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I,agree...
because we all know everyone is a sincere crackpot except Jim...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

He is a professional de-bunker. I don`t know if that makes anyone a Great anything! Do you?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
reply to post by Logical one

He is a professional de-bunker. I don`t know if that makes anyone a Great anything! Do you?

Were my thirty-year-old comments on Leonard's book of any use to your understanding of it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join