It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious mind holding the subconscious back in OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis since I was a child and many strange sleep experiences that start through this that have been frightening to say the least. I have had a few positive ones too. The difference with my most recent experience is that it was entirely pleasant, and I seemed to be entirely in control and this is something I would like to do again.

So early this morning I was having a very pleasant dream. I was back in the garden of my childhood home and it was a warm summers day, there was grass and greenery everywhere. I spotted a dragon fly and then became aware as I looked up there were hundreds and thousands of creatures like it in the air, it was teeming with life.

At this moment I began to feel that I was having a lucid dream and I decided to look at my hands and hold them up against the sky and the sun, as I did this all the life in the sky and my hands started to melt into each other and kind of vibrate in harmony together, becoming the same.

As I concentrated on this 'oneness' everything began to fade, going dark and I felt that I was deep inside my self, I went deeper until I felt lighter and started to float away. I maybe did this for 10 or 15 seconds before I heard the concsious part of myself say (rather cheekily, as if I was a kid that had been caught out with their hand in the cookie jar) 'that's enough for now!'

I stopped the floating , went back inside my self and immediately woke up.... disappointed

So I recognise this as the start of an OBE but I have a few questions for people out there who might have experience in this.

First of all, is the conscious part of my brain (that stops the experience) protecting the subconcious me or just holding me back? Should I purposefully work on techniques to control this or let this develop naturally?

In the past I believe I have had many OBE/ Astral experiences but never been conscious of the part of how I actually got there. Is it possible that conscious mind has blocked all this stuff out because I wasn't ready? Has anyone else felt like they live an interesting Astral/subconscious life that they can't always fully remember?

Please share your thoughts...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I find that if you 'Fly' too quickly whilst astral projecting then you can shock yourself awake. When in an OBE and aware that you are in an OBE and not just subconsciously observing it I recommend you take it slow. Keep coming back to where you are and 'Walking' back out so its not as much of a shock when you do go further.

Works for me on the rare occasions I get them anyway!

I used to be able to achieve OBE through meditation alone but those days are long gone

Happy tripping!

You've gotta give flying a go man, its awesome.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I would love to do some flying

Taking it slow seems like good advice, thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
One word - EGO.

It has its place at times but tends to be the bully in the sandbox - the bull in the china shop - the elephant in the room.

What we are actually capable of is thought to be stunted by our "fears." And our fears are developed through our upbringing (or, rather, "downgrading"). Essentially, our conditioning, teachings and experiences develop our belief systems.

These obtacles can be negotiated and overcome through various practices (such as meditation, dream logs, etc).

You have a jump on the progress on the basis of your experiences - you've been there!

Let us know how you do in the future, and if you ever reach the Akashic Records!
edit on 8-6-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is a shielding that operates on this planet, it prevents us from hallucinating and prevents us from being able to astrally project at will.

It is a "false" consciousness, you need to realise that there is your awareness, and then there is the false consciousness, that creates an artificial feedback, what you would call your "subconscious" is the part of your mind that is hidden behind the "system" - you need to bring your awareness "back" so that you are behind the barrier, it a completley different realm of mind, and to those whom exist "behind" their mind, would realise what is really happening to people.

How can you bring your consciousness back to that level?

Basically, you need to resonate your awarness, or your perceptual field, with the frequency of your souls, for example, if you are a soul of a natural density to Earth, then your awareness must match that frequency - if an artificial frequency is "jamming" your eyes, then you will only see what the system is making you see, and you will exist "between the mirrors" as it were, seeing things in a linear way, as opposed to a completley non-linear way.

What you have to do, my friend, is to recognise the "conscious impulse" itself, when you can say "hey, there was my consciousness" then you know, that "you" are observing another entity (the mind/ego) that is giving you a "choice" however, not a natural multi-dimensional choice, but a linear "on/off" digital choice set.

Try to create more density, you need the chemical in your brain that produces imagination, and you have to unblock your pineal gland - at the moment, there is an attempt to create a kind of "crystal radio" effect in the pineal gland with the flouride that is added to water, it essentially crystallises in your pineal gland, or your "spiritual eye" and it alters how you see things, it creates a "crystal receiver" for your perception, and with the aid of external electromagnetic fields, it essentially will reshape your perception unless you drink pure water, and contemplate regularly, to exercise the gland so it produces the right chemicals.

When you do this, reality will not be as "harsh" - you will see through your imagination, what you see will be coloured with more subjectivity, peoples faces will change, you will see reality in the light that it is supposed to be seen.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
sleep paralysis and lucid awarness opens the mind to different dimensions maybe a better awarness of God and ourselfs.

top topics

join