It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's UFO files mysteriously disappear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Australia's UFO files mysteriously disappear

www.telegraph.co.uk

In what sounds like a plot from a science fiction film, it seems that the bulk of the Australian government’s X-Files have mysteriously disappeared.

The department of defence has been unable to find a host of records relating to UFO sightings that were collected over several decades.

The disappearance of the documents came to light when the military received a freedom of information (FOI) request from the Sydney Morning Herald Newspaper asking for any documents that mentioned sightings of UFOs or “extraterrestrial organisms” in Australia.

The request came after the British government released a dossier of thousands of documents relating to unidentified flying objects.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsday.com
arabnews.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
As is mentioned at the end of the article, I'd be very interested to see what else they're throwing out, if it is only the ufo related stuff then that would seem a little suspicious.

There are rather a lot of ufo sightings in outback Australia and there is even a ufo capital www.unexplainedaustralia.com... I imagine that there would be some pretty interesting stuff in those files.

Does anyone not think that this is strange? It appears that it's policy to destroy files of this nature, I'd love to know what other kinds of material it is policy to destroy.....

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, isn't that just convenient..... Are they gone as in tossed into the incinerator, or gone as in a high clearence person stole them? I believe that is the million dollar question.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So convenient, it's the case a lot of the time though isn't it, same thing with the so called Cosford incident and many others, ufo files just seem to disappear by nature.

They may not have even been taken or destroyed, its possible that they're just saying they're gone, much better to keep them and who is going to challenge what they say?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A more thorough search took me to a thread about this in the ufo forum, woops.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
As is mentioned at the end of the article, I'd be very interested to see what else they're throwing out, if it is only the ufo related stuff then that would seem a little suspicious.

There are rather a lot of ufo sightings in outback Australia and there is even a ufo capital www.unexplainedaustralia.com... I imagine that there would be some pretty interesting stuff in those files.

Does anyone not think that this is strange? It appears that it's policy to destroy files of this nature, I'd love to know what other kinds of material it is policy to destroy.....

www.telegraph.co.uk

I doubt they've been destroyed.
They are probably just locked away in some undisclosed place.
Saying they've been thrown out or lost, is just an easier way of saying "no, sorry, we don't think you need to see this".

top topics

join