It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pics of floridas giant "skunk ape"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
in florida, an anonymus letter containg pictures of an ape-like animal was mailed to sarasota police. the pictures show wat exprets think might be the extinct Myakka Ape. the pictures are pretty creepy.

linkwww.lorencoleman.com...

[edit on 8/6/2004 by GuitarPlayer324]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good pics...may just be the smoking gun... The Skunk Ape is well known here in FL... More Ape than Bigfoot, but still our local cryptid...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
These are awesome pics, and so far I haven't seen or heard anyone debunk them....but skeptics are skeptics, and I sure someone will try. When I lived in FL I knew someone who had actually seen a Skunk Ape, and he swore these pics are what he saw too.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ahhh yes i saw that before. did anything escape from any zoos around the period it was spotted. or was this taken in a zoo? or is it real?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
ahhh yes i saw that before. did anything escape from any zoos around the period it was spotted. or was this taken in a zoo? or is it real?

The Myakka Ape is not found in Zoos...
And it doesn't really look like an orangutan or any other ape.

[edit on 8/7/2004 by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
whoever said it was one could be some oragutang or however you spell it. the big turd has a beard.i think it looks like an orangutan

[edit on 8/7/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Orangutans usually have red hair, don't they?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't we first have to decide if it's a guy in a suit, then work from there?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was in Destin in Florida about a week ago and was at a putt putt place and I swear I saw a stuffed ape alot like this as part of the scenery on one of the holes

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've seen those pics before.. and even though I want to believe it's the Skunk Ape, it looks like it's part of some sort of display.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like a misplaced Orangutang to me

-Becs

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not to be a heckler, or to single anyone out but I have a couple things to add to this. It is not extinct for one. And two its not exclusive only to florida. Get a good look, because that IS bigfoot. We have them in New Jersey too. Believe it or not, they're all over the US. This picture lets me see what they look like when they scream. Now if you heard that blood curtling scream in person and saw that face at the same time... I think you would be turned to stone.

Happy hunting

I'll be in my fields at 3 am tonight!

oh crap I let the secret out! To find them you have to go out into the woods anywhere from 1-4 in the morning
Also look in the heavily deer populated parts of the woods or fields

Like I said, Happy hunting!!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
the pic is definately an Ourang-Utan. Weather or not it is actually running around loose in florida is open to verification. There are rumors of circus escapees, so it is not out of the question...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
No way is that an O-Tang, great pics though.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
While this is impressive, there is something about the subject of the photo that smacks of me as being, an impressive hoax.

While I am not an expert in primate psychology, if this is indeed a relative of the hominid genus, and is anything like a primate in the wild I sincerely doubt the person taking the photograph would have gotten that close without a fight or flight reaction from the beast.

In the wild, primates especially Mountain Gorillas from the Congo would have reacted violently if someone were to get that close. Diane Fossey's many experiences with them, show's her surrounded by them, but she would have shown some very subservient behavior herself to get that close. I'm doubting little old ladies, could have the whetherwithall back bone, and wild primate psychology to get that close, not mention upon a sudden stimuli a real Mountain Gorilla in a similar situation would have mauled and possibly killed her.

I'm only drawing a comparison from the liklehood, of a random chance with a little old lady, and if this even acts like a wild primate, said little old lady wouldn't have made it 5 feet after the initial flash.

Also one other thing, it looks like a very impressive animatronic, there is just something about that seems fabricated.

I really do want to believe in bigfoot, the only proof is finding their remains. Without a corpse, a person in the real world is just a missing person. Without a corpse there is only speculation...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Actually, ADHD, Most apes (including humans) would rather make a big show than physically attack someone. Gorillas are known to charge, and jump out of the way at the last second, while chimps have been known to throw borrowed cas cans around to make a lot of noise in an intimidation attempt. The only times gorillas really maul humans is when beign attacked, or occasionally when humans turn and run.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
When I looked at thepic i got freaked out always do when i look at a pic of bigfoot or somethign like that. It doesn't look like a guy in a suit. Couldn't the person just have used a zoom. Wouldn't it make it look like you were close to them depending on how you zoomed.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is just my opinion based on a long time interest in special FX and model building, but something about the hair says "suit' to me. Now that could be a result of the flash of the camera used. Otherwise, a good pic and kinda' scary.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If that were Bigfoot, it would look soooooo fake. It lookks like no suit. You can tell by the eyes and the cleary messy long fur. It does not say "Orangatang" to me, either. O-Tangs are red to deep brown in color. This just looks like a silver-black. Itc ould not be a gorilla. Look at that smile. It so says "chimpanzee", but looks WAAAAAAY to big to be a chimp. Possibly a new species of primate? If not, it's just the one and only Skunk Ape.

top topics

join