It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bilderberg Piece in the BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Bilderberg mystery: Why do people believe in cabals?

Interesting lamestream piece in the BBC about us weird folk believing in secret societies:
www.bbc.co.uk...

This quote alone, in amongst the overly "outing" of conspiracy theorists should be reason alone to be concerned with such a group, especially when considering the state of the global finances and the role free market capitalism has played in it.

It may seem like a glorified dinner party but that is to miss the point. "When you've been to enough dinner parties you see a theme emerging," he says. The theme at Bilderberg is to bolster a consensus around free market Western capitalism and its interests around the globe, he says. "Is this all leading to the start of the ruling the world idea? In one sense yes. There's a very strong move to have a One World government in the mould of free market Western capitalism."

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

This is great. We've earned the right to defend our position. Let's take it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was about to post this but you beat me to it!

I was quite surprised by it. The chap they interviewed did say "It's understandable, ... "

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenOne

My biggest concern, is that serious questions aren't being asked about these powerful people and what they discuss behind closed doors. Their ideas/policies etc have the potential to affect all of us. Yet all of us are not invited, because we either have no political or financial power.

So the media does well to bring in the crazy conspiracy theorists to tone down serious questions and concerns.

Again if the concept is being done to push a free market globalized economy, then who exactly benefits from such an economy, and is this not to blame for the complete mess we currently find ourselves in financially? The media and governments have brought no-one to justice over the state of finances through which ALL people have been affected one way or another.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
there was a time when all MSM ignored/denied the existence of Bilderberg.Now they accept it exists, but is just a dinner club for rich people. They dont talk about the security costs, the fact they have access to the home nations armed forces to protect their secret meetings.

The article makes out that If you have a problem with Bilderberg, you are now a conspiracy theorist and probably a bit anti semitic.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I was hoping for more of an objective stance to this article you posted but silly me, I forgot this is a MSM article.
Fear the conspiracy theorists! They are the new radical islamists that will hunt your families! ... Give me a break.
edit on 6/8/2011 by Conspiracy Now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

I could be wrong, but I now cannot see comments on the BBC article... perhaps because a few of those comments were creating a fair and reasoned argument and helping to highlight the shoddy journalism...

CN - love your Avatar

EDIT: Comments are back, and it seems the BBC is getting hammered for it - good job too

edit on 8-6-2011 by moleskin because: lame internet connection!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Haha thanks.
Yes I do expect some sanity to be injected into it by the people because we no longer can trust our major newsgroups anymore. Seems like the only sane ones left are the people minus the sheeple of course.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

I think it's a sad reflection of the decline of the BBC in recent years, and if I were still living in the UK I would be demanding an end to the TV license fee which pays for such shoddy journalism.

As an organisation, over the years it has produced some great television, especially in respect to the natural world, but the ever increasing poor quality and biased reporting is a turn off, even more so when you consider it isn't owned by anybody with ties to any other agenda.... Well I suppose there is a fine line between publicly owned, and state owned and who actually owns or controls what under that grey area.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well, if these meetings were transparent, then nobody would care. But as it is, the secrecy and security involved immediately show something is up. If they have nothing to hide, why go to such lengths? Then when you add in the proven track records of the people's banks, corporations, governments involved, its hard to think its all just an innocent meeting.

This is just the BBC's propaganda machine in full swing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Maybe the BBC should explain why in the whole existence of the Bilderberg groups meetings, not once have they sent any journalist to cover the event, it has never been mentioned on the news or news night. Strange for an event that attracts such high profile guest as Royalty politicians and corporate bosses. Normally the media would be all over an event like this. Good things dont tend to need a veil a secrecy over them, it's usually bad things that are conducted under such secrecy. But having this view probably makes me an anti semitic delusional tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
there was a time when all MSM ignored/denied the existence of Bilderberg.Now they accept it exists, but is just a dinner club for rich people. They dont talk about the security costs, the fact they have access to the home nations armed forces to protect their secret meetings.

The article makes out that If you have a problem with Bilderberg, you are now a conspiracy theorist and probably a bit anti semitic.

Look on the bright side, the simple fact people are beginning to wake up and accept its existence is a sign that they are loosing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Funny that they don't mention that many politicians that attend our actually breaking their countries laws..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
it is very interesting that this latest Bilderberg meeting in Switzerland got some media attention around the world.

I wonder what exactly are they trying to accomplish with that.

new topics

top topics

join