It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird out of body experience or time slip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This happened to my girlfriend this morning, just wanting an opinion on whether it was a time slip or an out of body experience.

She woke up, and had a bit of sleep paralysis, she thought I was still home and could hear me in the other room and tried to call out to me. She realized I wasnt home and eventually she was able to move again. She got up, went to the kitchen, went to the bathroom and when she looked into the mirror she saw her face but her eyes were white and vainy. It seemed weird to her and her initial thought was "wow I need to get more sleep."

So she walked back to the bedroom and touched the bed and was shocked to discover that someone was in the bed. She pulled the covers back and saw it was her, freaked out and then automatically opened her eyes and was back in the bed.

Here's the even weirder thing.

At that point back in the bed or back in her body if it was an out of body experience, she had sleep paralysis again but this time could hear everything she did before again in real time as if it was happening at that time. So she heard herself get out of bed, walk to the kitchen, walk to the bathroom, flush, walk back into the room and then touch the bed. At that point, which is the point she before found herself back in the bed, she could move again.

It's freaked her out. I just got home from work and she told me the story.

I'd have thought it was a time slip but that doesnt really explain her look in the mirror. But an out of body experience doesn't really explain the time loop.

Anyone experienced anything similar?
edit on 8-6-2011 by Mikeraphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Ive had sleep paralysis before but never an out of body experience like you say. I remember once i couldn't move after waking up i was fully conscience, and it felt like something was being forced into my mouth, all jokes aside. Also i heard little children running and dancing around my bed when this was going on. I get chills thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I would venture to say she was just overtired.

I have quite often been quite annoyed when I got up, did my morning crap, only to realize I never actually got up and was just sort of half dreaming about getting up...then having to get up all over again...

sometimes this would happen 2 to 3 times before I finally actually woke up enough to get up (and not simply dream it through)...but ya, you gotta be pretty exausted. alarms or calls early in the morning tends to bring that along.

like getting up once isn't bad enough.

Anyhow, not sure about the pulling cover back bit..she might have been exaggerating, but I have dream walked around my place as she mentioned...wouldn't call it a out of body experience...perhaps a lucid light dream state.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I would venture to say she was just overtired.

I have quite often been quite annoyed when I got up, did my morning crap, only to realize I never actually got up and was just sort of half dreaming about getting up...then having to get up all over again...

sometimes this would happen 2 to 3 times before I finally actually woke up enough to get up (and not simply dream it through)...but ya, you gotta be pretty exausted. alarms or calls early in the morning tends to bring that along.

like getting up once isn't bad enough.

Anyhow, not sure about the pulling cover back bit..she might have been exaggerating, but I have dream walked around my place as she mentioned...wouldn't call it a out of body experience...perhaps a lucid light dream state.
I agree thats what I was thinking. Crazy how real it can seem eh?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone

I would say its was a waking dream, she dreamed she was getting up and going to the bathroom in the moments just before she was waking up.
but as part of he knew she was still in bed she dreamt that when she came back into the room she found herself.
then the brain trying to work it out played back the same actions from the view point of her bed..
but thats not to say its any less real. stranger things have happened and it could have resulted from a time loop.
Has she been thinking about time loops and the nature of what the universe or god is lately ?
often what we think in the days before an event is the trigger to it..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Never had a similar experience but thank you for sharing that, kind of gave me goose bumps.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aceto

At least little demonic children dont paralyze you dance around your bed singing and shove things in your mouth. lmao

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Has she been thinking about time loops and the nature of what the universe or god is lately ?
often what we think in the days before an event is the trigger to it..

No, shes not really the type to think of things like that at all. She didnt even know what a time loop was until I suggested it.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Mikeraphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Hey, I believe our puny human brains cannot conceive alot of the mystery in life. So for all we know that could have been a memory, or even from a ghosts eyes. Perhaps they switched bodies.
Its more fun to speculate than to have the whole mystery ruined by human logic. sometimes. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Well the only thing left to say to her then is...
welcome to the twilight zone..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Dreams within dreams aren't all that uncommon.

I don't think it was a timeslip or OBE.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You should ask your girlfriend how she physically felt when she ultimately came out from the paralysis. Were her limbs weakened at all? I ask this due to a personal experience of my own... not directly related but similar. I have had sleep paralysis for almost 10 years.
In one specific experience, during sleep paralysis I felt myself separate into two. My physical form stayed in bed... but some other "me" rolled out of bed. I then saw the bathroom door was open, but it looked completely different and there was someone in the bathroom I didn't recognize. I felt scared, and suddenly was "pushed" out of the bedroom, then the next thing I knew I woke up in bed with my limbs feeling completely weakened and heavy. I wondered if I had either an outer body experience or if I saw a strange hiccup in time.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Sleep paralysis has been linked to out of body experiences, both when leaving the body and returning, this seems to be a definite out of body with bi-location/ meaning her soul was both in and out of her body. Bilocation is a common occurance once we leave this physical world.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone

Here's the even weirder thing.

At that point back in the bed or back in her body if it was an out of body experience, she had sleep paralysis again but this time could hear everything she did before again in real time as if it was happening at that time. So she heard herself get out of bed, walk to the kitchen, walk to the bathroom, flush, walk back into the room and then touch the bed. At that point, which is the point she before found herself back in the bed, she could move again.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Has she watched the movie "Triangle" recently?....... as it sounds very similar to what Melissa George's character does throughout the movie.....i.e she sees her self acting out various scenarios.

If she has seen the movie, then I venture to say that she was merely mixing up the movie into her own dreams.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well, I have never woken up like your girlfriend has, but I do know that sometimes I will be walking by myself just to the end of my street and my actually body just stops feeling. Like, I can't feel myself walking. It feels like I'm just gliding and I swear I'm walking beside myself. I personally think it's the other side of your personality. You know how people say "everybody has two sides"? Well I think it's just your second self escaped for a bit then came back. I mean, your second self might enjoy a moment out in the fresh air since people usually try to hide it. I have also felt my body move when my brain says I'm not. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but if it's happened to you, you'd understand what I mean. I'm sure this was a terrifying experience for your girlfriend, especially if this is her first time. It is possible it will happen again, so hopefully she'll be able to handle it better if it does occur again.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If true it's strange indeed!I have had sleep paralysis over twenty years ago none recently.I wonder though if this kind of thing is related to the upcoming 2012 changes some say we will be experiencing???

I did have one strange occurance happen for some reason,and I was in exceptional health at the time I closed my eyes briefly and when I opened them everything seemed backwards to me people were moving wrong cars were on the wrong side of the road everything was wrong that's the only way to describe it and just went away after a few minutes .Never told a soul I thought I was losing my mind ,it was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. Tell your girlfriend she's ok,and that strange is becoming normal these days!

top topics

join