It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Melt-through' at Fukushima? / Govt report to IAEA suggests situation worse than meltdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I mean past all of that and into the molten core.

Everything radioactive that we have came from the earth originally. The earth has its way of dealing with these things.

The groundwater is a different story. This stuff is going to be troublesome for the air, the surface, the groundwater, and it is likely bad enough to affect the entire earth. The only thing for certain is that inaction is only making it worse by the minute. They need a novel approach. They better put some brilliant young minds on it that can think outside of the box, and quit letting old fogeys with agendas make the decisions!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthShallLive
if the nuclear power plant affects the usa as much as REAL educated people think it will, then we need to bomb the japs again and take over, and i recommend doing the same thing in any other country we have to be at war with, stop the games, nuke the fools, end the problems and lets move on

Yeah! And fix it like we did with the Deepwater disaster!
Yeah, that'll show em!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Another perspective on this. . This may sound crazy, but everything might be fine. Remember the US, China and Russia all had their ICBMs taken over by UFOs that came down and flew around them, disabling them. This is actually pretty well documented. Basically we have some off world friends flying around letting the gov'ts know, they won't be allowed to destroy this planet.

Well a nuclear meltdown can be far worse than a nuke bomb going off. So logic follows that our friends wouldn't let this get too far out of hand.

What would be interesting to know is, has there been any UFO sightings in the area since the disaster has begun?

Curious, because I haven't been keeping up with the latest developments. But is there widespread radiation poisoning occurring yet in Japan? I've heard the radiation is getting bad around the Fukushima reactor itself but how much has this radiation spread and how many people are actually getting sick that aren't directly involved with working at the reactors?

edit on 8-6-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

hm... I see. Maybe a bunker?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by dadgad

I mean past all of that and into the molten core.

Everything radioactive that we have came from the earth originally. The earth has its way of dealing with these things.

The groundwater is a different story. This stuff is going to be troublesome for the air, the surface, the groundwater, and it is likely bad enough to affect the entire earth. The only thing for certain is that inaction is only making it worse by the minute. They need a novel approach. They better put some brilliant young minds on it that can think outside of the box, and quit letting old fogeys with agendas make the decisions!

Here's a company with what sounds like a good idea to be getting along with. Anyone got 1,4 million euros?

(Page in German) www.ecovac.de...

But it's a long way off solving the problem. Can they tunnel underneath or not?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Reactor 3

It also sounds like they highly suspect the containment building floor is leaking (it's hard to understand fully from the translation). From the presentation of the report:

Summary of Reactor Status (2 June 2011) - Presentation Transcript

The reasons for • Pressure and H2 concentration of prevented this are unknown. One possible explanation is a loss of containment integrity; the containment to be further however, the pressure in the containment was decreasing slowly and at monitored present remains stable at around atmospheric. In addition water on the turbine • If the RPV is melted through, the building floor of Unit 3 does not show high level radioactivity containment integrity could be • Images of Unit 3 showed a crack in the primary containment and steam being endangered. released from the reactor building • Reactor pressure vessel • Reactor pressure vessel is assumed to be leaking. The location of the leak is NOT ACHIEVED Nos 5, 10, 29–46, 50, 54 and 55 (including connected systems) not clear as the level in the reactor is not known.

edit on 8/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Disturbing......the lead story on most Australian news programs recently has been related to the export of live beef cattle. It's amazing how fickle the media is and how fickle many people generally are. If it's not on the news, it's not happening. The latest reports from Fukushima pose an international risk to us all. Whether it be the possibility of water supply contamination, sea water contamination, it's irrelevant. The media has a responsibility to report and inform which they seem to do with an amazing degree of mental retardation and selectivity.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ok, so based on what we know - can we predict when it will hit ground water ?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It should not hit anything, if the containment units are intact. They are there for this very purpose, and do the job well. Usually the biggest issue would be cleaning it up afterwards, a nightmare once it reaches the last containment area.

I doubt they will be able to tell if there is any damage to the containment units for awhile, except from side effects. But unless the earthquake itself damaged them, they should be ok. Here's hoping!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If we knew more information about the fuel itself, we might have a chance of knowing how long it might be expected to burn for. The temperature in the core continues to drop, by all accounts. Either that means it's stopped melting down, or it's moving further away from the sensors.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Even Time magazine don't sound too confident about the integrity of the 'containment units': ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway
I'm glad to see the the truth is continuing to come out, albeit three months late.

What "truth"? The article said "possibly." From there, you took it to "probably" and are relieved that "the truth" is out?

Suspicion does not make news more or less valid. It makes thinking muddy.

Just be patient and wait. If this has been said, they'll give an accurate update to confirm it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I believe the situation at Fukushima is A LOT worse than any of us know. They will not tell us how serious the situation is because we are not of concern.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't think it's "much worse." I don't even know what you mean by that. How could it be worse? If it was spewing huge amounts of radioactive material either into the atmosphere or the ocean, we would know.

Also, it's obviously impossible for them to know exactly how bad it is - it's not like they can go wandering into the containment units for a look-see.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
UFO will do the job and save us. Right? No? What a pity...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Lets just put it out there and stop pretending. We all know what is going down and we all know what is about to happen. But I believe that even if it were to melt say in a pool of lava., In my unexpert opinion I just don't understand how it would explode, I just don't see that happening but I do see the water in that area becoming polluted and fish or other sea life dying off...for years like Chernobyl.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

if the nuclear power plant affects the usa as much as REAL educated people think it will, then we need to bomb the japs again and take over, and i recommend doing the same thing in any other country we have to be at war with, stop the games, nuke the fools, end the problems and lets move on

stop all the nonsense and games
edit on 8-6-2011 by TheTruthShallLive because: (no reason given)

So if a nuke plant has a negative impact on the USA, they should nuke whoever is causing said negative impact? Did you even think before writing this?

no i didnt think theres no such thing as tactical nukes or even just LARGE bombs that arent nukes, oh and the japan nukes really did tons of global damage the 1st time too i forgot about that

the only way we could strike a enemy and disable them is by destroying the world, you are correct, great job

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
here is an article dated march 31..
"Radioactive iodine-131 has been detected in groundwater 15 meters below the Fukushima plant, TEPCO announced."

now, im not sure if this is the level of the ground water table underneath the plant..but it is a start.

and if this is how long the fuel has been melting...i wonder where the fuel has actually melted down to...it is obvious, in my opinion, that TEPCO is lying thru thier teeth to keep the real info from the masses because it is sooooo much worse than what they have been saying. i suspect that TEPCO has been hoping that they can control the situation before it got out of hand and now it is getting out of hand and now they are trying, or should i say hoping, that it doesn't get worse but they know it will and they are slowly letting info out to make it seem like the situation has devolped in a consistant patern, that it is new territory and they were not ready for it so we should not get to upset with them because it is new territory......my tounge is firmly planted in my cheek...

i don't belive for 1 minute that TEPCO did not understand the magnitude of what was happening...it is a classic example of a really really really bad situation happening and hoping that you can hide it, or control it, to hide the real magnitude of what actually happened while keeping the truth hidden...but it has gotten soooooooooo out of hand there is no more hiding...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Originally posted by DelMar

stop all the nonsense and games
edit on 8-6-2011 by TheTruthShallLive because: (no reason given)

So if a nuke plant has a negative impact on the USA, they should nuke whoever is causing said negative impact? Did you even think before writing this?

LOL, apart from anything else, its like burning down your neighbours house because the smoke from their barbecue is bothering you and then wondering why your family has choked to death.

TheTruthShallLive for Prezident!

edit on 8-6-2011 by Karilla because: of barbarous name whoopsie.

yea you are also right, a real genius

its remarkable how many people die from choking to death when their neighbors houses burn down

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

we didnt fix anything, we bent over and let bp rape us and then get rich and have a party about how well their safety record is

not how i wouldve handled things, i was fairly clear, if you didnt understand it, what can i say

critical reading skills are something to look into

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join