It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cross shaped UFO/Space Anomaly over Russia June 5th 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I apologize for not being able to embed the video, but the video is available on disclose.

Now, to be clear, this isn't my video. I found it off a twitter repost and decided to post it here because it seemed interesting to me. Have a look and decide for yourself. Possible CGI, straight line clouds crossing the sun, project blue beam, alien spacecraft? Whatever you're view is, I would like to hear.

Cross-Shaped Unidentified Object in the sky

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i was thinking filmed through a window and it is the reflection of the light in the room, but i am seeing no evidence to support it so far.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
it looks like a led light being reflected from a window.
Or some sort of sundog like effect.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
thanks for the views, it would be a little easier if they didn't add the freaking music to it, but some people just don't understand. But from what I hear in the background, it seems like i can hear birds chattering, if there were a window in front, i don't see the glass or any other reflections when fully zoomed out, the object and the sky itself almost appears to clear to be such as well. But one never knows I suppose. I think I'm coming close to CGI then the reflection theory though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This reminds me of the UFO flap in Devon in 1967 heres the link

Im interested in hearing what other members think of the OPs video. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

hmm, never heard of that report, thanks for the link, I'm checking it out now.

Also to add, I've been trying to view the frames by seconds, and I'm finding more hints of a reflection now such at 0:54 in the video, on paused, it kinda looks like window shades being reflected off a glass, or simply just clouds, It's hard to tell really.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That looks VERY much like a reflection in the window to me, and the shape is just part of the digital processing/optics of the camera ..

It doesn't look like something flying

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I have to agree. its a reflection. heres a good youtube showing how they may have done this...

Of course its not an exact match but I hope people get the idea of how they hoaxed this.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

i don't see what you mean, although at the time you specify there is a car moving in the distance behind a hedge across the field.

is it that your were refering to?

also i am no expert in cgi, so somebody tell me if it is possible, but when the camera moves there is a lot of blurring effect, especially when it zooms in.
edit on 7-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
o.k. i am going to say it is 100% through a window now, there is a big clue, the person filming this is either 5 to 6 storeys tall or they are filming from inside the flats like the ones across from them. hmmm they could be on a rooftop.
maybe not 100% then.
edit on 7-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting post!

Whilst I am a believer I am not sure that these are in fact UFO's, I get the impression that both of these lights are fixed ie on to of a mast or pole. As you noted yourself, when viewed from a distance they look normal its only when zoomed that we get the cross effect. It looks to me like some sort of reflection / diffusion of light effect either because it is viewed through a window or indeed an effect of the camera lense itself.

Also the fact that there appears to be no movement or undulation of the light except by effect of the zooming in and out also adds to my theory that they are fixed lights.

I could be wrong of course, but thats my opinion

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
ok I searched but did not find and created a new thread (I hope a mod will close that one cause I'm coming over here)

the video I found today was this

And they're claiming its New York

I personally don't live in NY so I can't say but my first thought was its too good to be true
my second thought was that it was fixed lighting (anyone live in russia or new york can support that?)

with the OP video I can see how they thought it was reflection on the glass - but with this video, I'm not seeing it - I could be wrong - just cause I don't see something doesn't mean its not true

but I did want to share this video and will give it a few re-looksies and listen for outside noise (to determine if the window is open or not)

other thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I hear loads of outside noise - so my next question is - can anyone translate what they're saying?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I posted this in the other thread. Just for your consideration.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did see that - I do wonder while reading your posts and thinking you're a pretty smart guy most of the time - do you ever consider that some could be real? just wondering... I mean we know what can be done with cgi - if a spacecraft landed in the middle of times square, I wonder how many people would walk up to it, touch it, knock on it, kick it... and still insist its not real - and when they thing opens and aliens come out of it, they'll still swear they're being hoaxed.... just a thought

meanwhile, your video does give me the idea that hoax is probable (along with the remote control idea) - but in your video I hear absolutely no outside noise - and I'm still poking around trying to find an rc vehicle in general (got a link for one of those? with lights?)

i have seen the kite dealies with the lights on them - I thought about that too - but wouldn't it be moving if it was a kite?

don't get me wrong, I'm not calling it alien - just unidentified
I want to know what it is

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
Now, to be clear, this isn't my video. I found it off a twitter repost and decided to post it here because it seemed interesting to me

Here is a hint - video's of "ufo's" that have had music added are just hoaxes or fakes.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well in my opinion it looks like it could be one of two things.

1. it could be one of those ufo LED toys you get.
2. it could be a reflection on a window.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Spoor did you even read the rest of the thread?
Boo - thats the current question - hook me up with some examples - I really really really want a remote controlled vehicle of some sort that does this same trick

its going on my xmas list

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've had this effect before, to me it happened when I filmed a light through a mosquito net, the net is invisible to the camera but the net pattern interferes with the light source.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yes, they look like ordinary bright, round sources of light that have had horizontal and vertical diffraction applied to them. This can be seen even before zooming in, it's just not so conspicuous. Rainbow-like effects also noticed, which also point to diffraction. A fine netting might do this. These days, a camera or computer application might be available to do it, too. The point is, why apply this effect, however it is done? To make make ordinary lights look extraordinary, it seems. Ross
edit on 8-6-2011 by Ross 54 because: corrected spelling

new topics

top topics

join