It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US-Canada Perimeter Security and an Integrated North American Command

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The US-Canada Perimeter Security and an Integrated North American Command

www.globalresearch.ca

While few details have emerged surrounding talks between the U.S. and Canada on a North American security perimeter, there is little doubt that deeper military integration between both countries will play an important part of any such deal. Plans for a common security perimeter have renewed calls to expand the NORAD bilateral air defence model to include ground and naval forces. There are also efforts to increase security cooperation in the Arctic and further integrate military command structures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/07/expand-norad-to-improve-security-in-north-america]www.heritage.org

www.google.com
therealnews.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think it is important for Canada and the United States to work together, after all the are neighbours and are each others biggest trading partners. Where I have a problem is when they start taking about mering their armed forces even more then they already are. This can't be good for Canada as it risks being relegated to a junior partner status and will be pressured to take part in other U.S. military operations. I was just reading a report from the Heritage Foundation where they talked about adding Mexico to NORAD- imagine that scenario.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'd be down for a bigger NORAD.
But it would mean Canada would be a target for nuke attacks.
We never do anything wrong

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Um does the words North American Union ring a big bell? If so there is no way I'm supporting this

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Both Nations will lose their identity.

Police and Military will be free to arrest anyone, anywhere.

Canada will lose resources, or rather have them stolen.

The US will acquire a taste for Poutine while Canadians will be forced to have grits on the menu. NOT a fair trade.

Canadian Bacon will lose its mystery. (Ham)

Our Maple Syrup fountains will run dry.

Stop the Madness!

NOT FAIR I TELLS YA!

We get ...ugh...Grits?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6245d56092de.jpg[/atsimg]

While Americans Get...yummy...Poutine?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bfa3c178ace.jpg[/atsimg]

When does the insanity stop????

PS. It would have been easy to turn this into an all-out rant and a we-they thread but it has been done to death on so many threads. I chose to put a little levity in here because I'm tired of getting angry on the subject. We won't have a vote and they will do whatever they please but...

TPTB have to remember one thing...Maybe, just maybe...while they are clasping hands and patting themselves on the back, they won't see the people of 2 Nations, well versed in weapons and pushed against the wall...whispering, shaking hands and making plans of our own at the border.

I'm going to sleep well on that thought.

edit on 7-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

2 stars my friend

NorthAmerican union doesn't look so crazy now huh....
well at least I;'ll be able to yell out a hooded;muffled "I told you so years ago you bastids!"as they pull the handle on the trap door!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

The US will acquire a taste for Poutine while Canadians will be forced to have grits on the menu. NOT a fair trade.

Stop the Madness!

You think that's bad?

Just wait until Uncle Sam starts arresting and beating down recreational drug users in Canada. You will see major resistance at this point.

"Stop Harper" indeed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by jude11

Stop the Madness!

You think that's bad?

Just wait until Uncle Sam starts arresting and beating down recreational drug users in Canada. You will see major resistance at this point.

"Stop Harper" indeed.

Resistance? Washington hasn't seen resistance yet. Come here and burn our fields while protecting the poppies overseas?

Ain't gonna be pretty in BC.

edit on 7-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If the Us gov. scuttles their ship , why should we jump in to it? We believe in living in harmony , providing a good education and healthcare, sharing in our communities, eating healthy foods and providing the best we can for our own as well as supporting the lost and downtrodden.
Why should we strive for aggressive defense when we are not aggressors. Isn't the middle east, north Korea,
Afghanistan including Russia and China enough?

Please leave out of your schemes of global dominance . If all of you and Orwell need a break, just visit as we have real beer!
Ps. Today is kiss a bear day!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't mind cooperation between the two countries, I've always thought highly of Canadians and we have similar culture and living standards.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I don't mind cooperation between the two countries, I've always thought highly of Canadians and we have similar culture and living standards.

This isn't cooperation. We have been cooperating ever since WWII.

This is integration on the ground level, and assimilation on the national level.

PS: This thread makes me want to eat poutine. Unfortunately I'm too poor to even afford that luxury.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Shut it..... shut it.... shut the pie holes you dissident, partisan, terrorist, subversive, anony hackers.

CANAMICO will rule you all!!!!!

Ok might just be another Obama pipe dream......

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Its not that we dont like Canadians. Of course we do. Its that Canadians want to stay Canadians, and Americans want to stay Americans and we want to be friends, not a Frankenstein monster that serves corporate and international banking ends.

Our sovereignty and the sovereignty of nations in Europe as well is being stolen from us by people we should really be very, very afraid of. The same people who have been taking over the government in America are taking over Canada as well.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Increasingly, the Canadian government’s foreign policy is becoming more aggressive as it further embraces the U.S. pro-war agenda. Military spending is at its highest point since the second World War. There are reports that Canadian Forces are looking to establish bases overseas. In an effort to gain more influence in Washington and elevate its status in NATO, Canada has taken on a key role in military operations in Libya.

Of course I want to cooperate with Canadians, and the first cooperation I think we the people should participate in is kicking the corporatists out of our nations political system while we still have countries to save.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's funny to see people try and conflate this with the very, very vague claims of an 'nau'. Can anyone detail exactly HOW this proposed legislation is bad for either canada or America? Canada ALREADY depends on American military might. Canada ALREADY depends on America as their (by far) number one trading partner. Canada ALREADY depends on (for better or worse) the stability of the Dollar.

I suspect those who have bought into t far=machine about a (vague and ever-changing) "NAU" dont realize it's a ploy perpetuated by the FAR right in the US who stand to benefit from N nation states being in conflict in the future, not in concert.

Originally posted by NWMA2012

Where I have a problem is when they start taking about mering their armed forces even more then they already are. This can't be good for Canada as it risks being relegated to a junior partner status and will be pressured to take part in other U.S. military operations.

You mean like they have been in Afghanistan for almost a decade now? WITHOUT the Security and prosperity act?

I was just reading a report from the Heritage Foundation where they talked about adding Mexico to NORAD- imagine that scenario.

so?

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Um does the words North American Union ring a big bell? If so there is no way I'm supporting this

Can you detail what specific parts of the proposed "Perimeter security" legislation resembles the ever-so-vague claims of the 'nau'? Is the the super-highway that doesnt exist? The introduction of a single currency to replace GASP two currencies on par? IS it, as some have said, to allow Americans to have access to Canadians Health care?

please, enlighten with references to specific legislation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Its not that we dont like Canadians. Of course we do. Its that Canadians want to stay Canadians, and Americans want to stay Americans and we want to be friends, not a Frankenstein monster that serves corporate and international banking ends.

Can you detail how this specific proposed legislation does that?

And can you explain how it different from how corporations CURRENTLY benefit from arbitrary restrictions on trade and travel based on the 49th parallel.?

edit on 7-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Eh guys whats "Poutine" aboot? looks like my favorite heart attack: chili cheese/fries with perhap some kind of gravy...

hmmmm oooohhh....ahhhhhh...

"molson's; Labats'blueand "moose drools" all'ROUND!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You show us how it isnt a move towards an NAU.

One thing I know about you for sure, is anything the Obama administration supports, you support. If Obama rapes babies, baby raping is the best thing ever.

If Obama eats kittens, kitten eating is wonderful.

Its ridiculous to even try to deny they are pushing us for an NAU. Its obvious they are. They really dont even deny it, they just avoid the term "NAU" because they know it freaks the people out.

And you, definitely, will NEVER get me to spend time and energy on laying out an argument for you. You are one of the laziest trolliest posters on ATS. In that all you ever do is try to get people to "prove" things to you while you yourself do NO casebuilding ever.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You show us how it isnt a move towards an NAU.

That's what I thought. You base your claims on nothing, which is why you are now attempting to shift the burden of proof to me. IF you had access to the kind of information you imply your opinion was based on, i dont doubt you would jump at the opportunity to present it.

One thing I know about you for sure, is anything the Obama administration supports, you support. If Obama rapes babies, baby raping is the best thing ever.

FASCINATING reply. Such insight.

And you, definitely, will NEVER get me to spend time and energy on laying out an argument for you. You are one of the laziest trolliest posters on ATS. In that all you ever do is try to get people to "prove" things to you while you yourself do NO casebuilding ever.

You wont 'spend the time' because you are unable, as you likely dont have access to information you claim to. You make several BROAD CLAIMS which one would think would be EASILY PROVABLE, and yet here you are spending precious moments calling me a baby kitten raper.

All I have asked for is PROOF for your claims. IF you can't supply it, then resorting to name-calling only solidifies the impression that you dont really know what you are talking about.

You will, however, spend time calling me ironic names.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ionsoul

Why should we strive for aggressive defense when we are not aggressors. Isn't the middle east, north Korea,
Afghanistan including Russia and China enough?

Not aggressors? Are you unfamiliar with Canada's roll in Afghanistan?

In addition, 'defense' is not only needed for aggressors. Canada has an ENORMOUS amount of wealth opening up in the arctic that will be TAKEN AWAY by Russia without US military might. That is why Canada has an interest in this agreement.

Some Canadians do love to pretend they are peaceful, and dont need the US. It's easy to pretend to be 'peaceful' while standing behind the worlds only superpower..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Can you detail how this specific proposed legislation does that?

And can you explain how it different from how corporations CURRENTLY benefit from arbitrary restrictions on trade and travel based on the 49th parallel.?

I don't know if its in this bill but there were agreements allowing either military to operate in the others country. Youse guys kickin our heads in and our Norcom combat brigades (fresh outta iraq) stomping out resistence up there. Thank stimpy jr. Some fun huh?
edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join