It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical new Prevent strategy launched (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Radical new Prevent strategy launched (UK)

nds.coi.gov.uk

The new Prevent programme will:

* deal with all forms of terrorism and target not just violent extremism but also non-violent extremism, which can create an atmosphere conducive to terrorism and can popularise views which terrorists exploit;
* ensure government funding and support cannot reach organisations with extremist views who do not support mainstream British values;
* challenge the ideology that supports terrorism and those who promote it;
* support sectors and institutions, including universities and prisons, where there are risks of radicalisation; and
* draw on existing succes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
George Orwell called this the "Thought Police". Looks like it's officially just starting up in the UK.

"Non-violent extremism"?
"Organizations with extremist views who do not support mainstream British values"?

I don't think I would trust the British government, or any other for that matter, to define who these terms really apply to, because it could mean anyone, even those of us on ATS.

nds.coi.gov.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Fascism. Thought police. The people need to stop it. We need to line up at their offices and not leave until they rip it all up, disclose everything, ask for amnesty, turn all the resources and banks into the peoples hands, rid us of banks, and deal with citizens instead, stepping down, in every country.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Non-violent extremism and mainstream British values. This sounds a lot like words that could lead to another Nazi Germany to me. All it would take is spinning things the right way to have this be applicable to pretty much anybody.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Craziness. Well our UK members can rest assured that ATS is someplace where they can be "radicalized" if universities are.

They have been mooing about domestic terrorists in the media here too, although they are calling yours "home grown terrorists" and looking for an excuse to clamp down here as well.

They thought the whole Osama Drama would buy them more love for going all 1984 on us, but it really didnt. Yet. What the UK is getting will be here soon. I suppose there are still tons of people who dont think this is an evil plot by the globalists, but holy Christ, what more do they need to do? Hold up a sign saying "we are evil globalists raping your economies, hijacking your governments and stealing your freedoms?"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here, apparently is whats next on the agenda for America.

blogs.forbes.com...

While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.

Which makes sense. They need to disarm us before they can get quite as oppressive over here as they are over there.

The worlds people are in big, big trouble. Huge. They arent doing all this for the fun of it. No one disarms you and strips you of all your freedoms in a democracy for a benign reason. When are we (as a collective) going to recognize that? When we are in the chute marching to the kill floor? It will be too late then.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

i quite agree. if the british attemtped to overthrow their corrupt government, they would lose. here in the U.S., we stand a better chance because there are so many who have guns and won't give them up.

i for one will not follow that mandate if it is passed, as it contradicts the constitution. that is an infringement on my rights to keep and bear arms. i don't care what laws they pass at this point, its all bs. the bodies that decide what laws to pass in the us do not reflect the will of the people any longer.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know this is kind've off topic, but anyone else ever see the movie "Children of Men"? It depicts a modern Orwellian-style Britain with an extremely repressive government. The biggest deal in this movie was that the British government turned extremely nationalist, turning its back on every other country (because they are all failing bigtime). Due to this, the British government started hunting down refugees and sending them to a giant ghetto, where they radicalize.

It's just a movie, but it's really thought provoking. Some European countries, like Germany, have declared their multiculturalism experiments to be failures. Perhaps Britain is locking-down and preparing to purge those who they feel are detrimental to their system?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Honestly? It doesnt look like it, but maybe. It looks more to me like with all the security measures everywhere, they are making sure the "masses" cannot stand up and fight for themselves when the economic nightmare they KNOW is coming for the first world hits.

When things get bad economically for people, really bad, thats when people rise up and topple sitting powers, and sometimes off the wealthy. They arent going to let that happen this time. They KNOW that globalization is going to hurt the first world people. It had to. The slow and steady moves to disarm all the first world nations is not an accident.

They know we are going to be suffering big time in a short while, (decade or so) and they want to make sure they have us in as easy to control form as possible before that happens.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I suspect how they will do it here in the US is wait for some domestic disturbance (possibly when the dollar collapses, and suspend the Constitution "temporarily."

Just like the Patriot Act was "temporary" and we simply will never get it reinstated.

new topics

top topics

join