It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia Could Make U.S. Stealth Tech Obsolete

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

The computer does all the listening for you. Just how good these systems are is a secret but the HA100 is being used by NATO nations right now. And what the HA100 can not do the next version will. From what I understand the key so far for keeping everyone from having this tech is the computer program that is the real key to decoding all the incoming signal data. Now if and when someone else comes up with there own software or get their hands on something like the HA100 then it could change everything.

A whole new idea for stealth is going to be needed to counter this tech. .
Current stealth works by absorbing radio signals or scattering them. Maybe something of magnetic field that would allow the radio signals to go around the craft might counter this but the tech for such a magnetic field does not exist yet but I bet someone is working on it this every minute.

edit on 6/7/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I'm not making fun of you, but when I first read, I saw HAL 00.

What are you doing Dave?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

color me not convinced, until such time as the US stops deploying stealth then i'll believe in the efficacy of this passive detection thing
. to get back to the OP, it sounds to me as if the article intends to influence the reader that the US should spend more on defense coz otherwise China, Russia and other countries might outstrip them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow...that article is devoid of anything that actually is real.

First, it gives no understanding on exactly how a "stealth" craft avoids radar. Second, "television. cellular, phone" all still utilize RF energy.

Not saying that the United States possesses a craft that beats all these signals 100% but neither do the manufacturers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join