It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick James Dies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard, I think that everything he did finally caught up to him. It's amazing seeing that he was starting to get popular again. Wonder what Dave Chapelle is going to do?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by MKugs]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Clara "Where's the Beef?" Peller: DEAD.

The "I've fallen and I can't get up" lady: Can't get up.

Rick "I'm Rick James" James: :shk:

When will it end?

I really don't see your point here....these are all examples of cultural trends - nothing ever truly dies in a culture unless it goes by without being noticed - Ricks James surely mad himself noticed...so has Dave Chappelle

The fact that people wish to express their social interests by recalling a line in a movie, or whatever medium, to encompass the feeling of a moment is only a natural way of indicating that you are part of a culture or group that shares similar sentiments......those that use them out of context are the people who "kill" them, or sometimes make them even funnier by using stark contrasts....

Maybe this is just something we disagree on.....hope it doesn't affect my chances for getting on the dem party here at ATS *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* -

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I�m just going to miss his hilarious appearances on The Chappell show. He was a funny man. His name will live on in the infamous and common saying I'm Rick James...starts with B. May he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
He was young, for an older person. He was only 56.

I didn't know Yogi Berra was on this board! j/k. This is really a shame.
but maybe people will stop going around shouting "I'm Rick James, bitch!" that gets really annoying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join