It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Found After Psychic's Tip Leads To Search For Bodies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Seems i can't edit the article myself any longer, i just tried but since i posted it last night and i've been asleep for 8 hours and you only have 4 hours to be able to edit your post,which i have exceeded.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I still don't get why "police officials" would have said their dogs scored a hit where the bodies were supposed to have been buried? Is the quality of the MSM REALLY sunk that low, as to flat our lie like that? Misrepresent the facts, yes, but flat out stating that the police said something they didn't seems a little worse than usual

If this whole thing is fake I'm happy, but I'm still pretty suspicious. Some other poster had the idea they are looking for the tipster because they actually DID find bodies and want additional info, that sounds like a pretty strong theory. I just don't understand why numerous times the police were quoted as saying they found bodies if none were found at all.

Very odd.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
The police are looking for the psychic to find out how she knew so much about the inside of the house.

Perhaps the police could use a psychic to find a psychic.

My prediction?

You mean they don't know where the psychic is?

What a weird series of events.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why do people comment without reading the full article? There are no bodies, a search was made by police based on the calls from a psychic. Either this was a hoax or the psychic was wrong.....I favour the latter situation.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We have had this on the UK news and they report NO bodies as well.

All on the say so of a psychic?

Would need a bit more than that to convince the UK place to go searching. There must have been more than just a tip off?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You mean they don't know where the psychic is?

Maybe they should employ a psychic to find this missing psychic.
Because you know they have such a good track record at finding things.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Fair enough.

But if a psychic such as Sonja Grace gives information on a missing girl Lindsey Baum, police should follow up on her information. She's being ignored by everyone, including Lindsey's mother.

I have taken special interest in this as I used to live in the area. A woman asked me for psychic help. I told everyone that I thought it was a child slaver ring spanning the entire country. Perhaps this place in Texas is a part of that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hmmmm...very weird indeed. It's quite obvious imo, that when the facts being released are so contradictory and confusing, something is clearly being covered up. The initial statements being released by the police are probably the most reliable.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have lived in this area for almost twenty years. I actually drove past this road yesterday on the way to visit my Father in law. So we have been keeping a very close eye and ear on this story. So here are a few things that I haven't seen in this thread:

Yesterday it was reported by fox news that the tipster's name and phone number were known to the police. This morning, my husband told me that the news reported that she lived in the Texas panhandle but had a phone number from Hays county.

The tip was first called in on Monday night. After a search that found nothing, the tipster called back Tuesday to inform police that they went to the wrong house. At which time, she gave detailed descriptions of the inside and outside of the residence. This prompted the Sheriff's department to go to the property.

The suicide attempt by the 19yr old boyfriend was investigated by the Sheriff's office a few weeks ago. A Captain interviewed by our LOCAL news source said that the investigators on that case would have known about the blood left from that incident, so it would not have prompted them to seek a search warrant.

It seems that nothing at all has been found through this investigation, except the media's ability to report what each other is saying and rumor instead of interviewing reliable sources. What I would like to know is what evidence was given to obtain a search warrant. The blood was previously known by investigators on scene, the cadaver dogs found nothing, and the intimate details known by the "psychic" could have been known by anyone visiting or living in the home before. Seems like there is nothing here that would have brought in the FBI more or less had a judge sign a warrant.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yet in other versions of the story it is said that the dogs had a positive hit, which means they discovered death.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I call one of these two on this:

1. This is a major psyop, designed to confuse the populace and induce uncertainty regarding every news report that we hear, indeed regarding everything we encounter, and even the nature of reality itself. This will induce a certain degree of mental and emotional instability in a good part of the population as it calls into question what we can believe and trust.

2. Our law enforcement and media are both run by a bunch of monkeys with hats and the populace is as stupid.

Shall we vote on it? I don't mean to slant anybody's opinion, but I lean toward number 2.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

'Texas Bodies' Non-Story Is Reminder To News Media: Slow Down

Byline: Captain Obvious

Let's see... dismembered bodies of children, psychic tip, bloody door and rotting flesh. Yup, that'll sell advertising, alright. Let 'er rip! The stupid sheeple will eat it up!

The consumers are as much at fault as the media.
edit on 8-6-2011 by incoserv because: added a witty, insightful comment.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Originally posted by OrphenFire

The thing is, I read the source, and it doesn't say anywhere that bodies were "discovered".

Its because the article changed their info.

Thus the confusion. How the # am I supposed to magically know that hours ago supposedly it said something different?

Click the link to the source and read it...Or read the thread.

And there's no way in hell I'll read 6 goddamn pages of ATS thread. I only read the first page at most.

Is that anyones problem but yours? Your ignorance is only hurting you in the long run. You want answers but you dont want to read or put forth a little effort yourself to get them? I hope i've helped you in answering your questions...unbelievable..

edit on 6/8/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

Lol. I'm surprised you keep replying to me. But listen, you said yourself that it was changed, and then you told me to read it, even though it had been allegedly changed from before. Sorry, but my life doesn't permit me enough time to read through that many ATS pages. I log in periodically when I can, but most of the time I'm not huddled at my computer scouring all of the pages of a thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Hmmmm...very weird indeed. It's quite obvious imo, that when the facts being released are so contradictory and confusing, something is clearly being covered up. The initial statements being released by the police are probably the most reliable.

That may not be the case if the original police statements were based on faulty or limited information. It's very well possible that the police were manipulated by the tipster. A tipster that may have knew just enough information about the property to make their story plausible.

It really reminds me of the raid on the Mormon sect compound in Texas based on a phone call from an out of state woman. A massive deployment of forces based on little evidence other than what was presented in a phone call.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If the dad knows his son is a convicted sex offender then he likely also knows that convicted sex offenders HAVE to let law enforcement know where they are. It sounds like he's still registered at the "dads" house.

an excellent point.

Of course, the title "sex offender" could be as stupid as an 18yr old having sex with a 17yr old, so we should get some clarification on what this guy's (the son's) offenses were, before jumping to conclusions.

However, we have...

Convicted Sex Offender + Living in a Rural Area + Parents Gone Often + Unknown Current Whereabouts (even to parents) + Odd Smells in the Backyard + Reports of Bodies.... = ?

Not a good answer on the other side of the equation.

Another angle to check is Missing Persons reports for the area. Have there been a lot of disappearances?

An analysis of that blood on the door would be good too...see if the boyfriend suicide angle is just a convenient coverup, or if it matches him.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's another thought I had:

Why wouldn't they have cleaned the blood off the backdoor? What kind of people leave blood from an attempted suicide on their door? That's a pretty flimsy explanation. It's all too suspicious if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This makes me very suspicious.

"A neighbor said truck drivers who traveled across the country often stayed in the house on the property with the owner's 16-year-old daughter and her 19-year-old fiance. Their names have not been released."

www.kcentv.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Now this is suspicious...look at this msnbc article:

Part of the reason that Houston police took the psychic seriously is that they initially found some evidence corroborating her claims, including blood on the ground and the smell of decomposition on the property.
----
Mysterious? Not really: The blood was from an unrelated drunken incident that had occurred weeks earlier; and the smell was from rotting meat in a broken freezer.

SOURCE: www.msnbc.msn.com...

They claim the blood was found on the ground, not on the door?!? That's the first time I've heard that. They also claim the smell was caused by rotting meat in a broken freezer. That's the first time I've heard that too. And they don't mention anything at all about the attempted suicide, which was reported in many articles like this one:

The property owner Joe Bankson, who was contacted by KHOU-TV, said his daughter and her fiancé had lived in the farm house and that his daughter's fiancé had attempted to commit suicide a couple of weeks ago by cutting his wrist.

www.ibtimes.com...

And where the hell was the blood really?

The police, acting on this tip, went to the property and found nothing. The psychic called back and said that they searched the wrong area, so the police went back out to the property to conduct a search in a different area. It was during this second search when authorities smelled a foul odor, leading them to believe they were at a site where dead bodies were near-by. They also saw blood on the back door of the home. This led the authorities to get a search warrant.

----

The home is owned by Joe and Gena Bankson, who are long haul truck drivers. Joe Bankson said in an interview, "I haven't killed anybody," he also said, "I have a lot of friends, but I haven't helped anybody bury any bodies," according to the Times. Bankson said he had no idea why anyone would pin point his home as having dead bodies buried around the property. He also said that his daughter’s boyfriend had cut himself in a suicide attempt while he was drunk, explaining the blood on the back door.

Gena Bankson said that she believes the caller to be a woman that she knows who is mentally unstable.

www.huliq.com...

Oh how god damn typical...label the psychic a crazy old cook.

edit on 8-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everybody on ATS, this story is highly suspicious. I have read several conflicting accounts.

1.) There was a leak of information, maybe someone got something off of police radio.
2.) or the media misunderstood and misreported the information.
3.) or the police misunderstood and misreported the events of the investigation.

Here is why I'm angry. The media and the police are incompetent and this is proof. We can't seem to get accurate information about anything anymore.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A woman has come forward claiming to be the tipster in this case.

Sources close to an ongoing investigation confirmed Angel was truthful about her identity as well as that she'd previously shared information with law enforcement agencies in Texas.

Then she claims that her tip never included searching for bodies, but instead concerned three children that needed help.

She strongly denied telling officers that they needed to search for bodies or that anyone was dead.

"They did not act on what I told them," she said. "My biggest concern is definitely the children," she added. "I think they are hungry and thirsty. They are still alive."

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office declined to comment on Angel's accusations late Wednesday.

Houston Chronicle

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join