It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HALO 4 Finally!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
didn't like halo ODST or halo reach so i'm not sure if this 1 will be any different,the co-op on reach was pretty good although the ending was just.......... well yeah anyway.
should have stopped at halo 3 which was pretty awesome but no they have to wheel out another game & another game.

hoping halo 4 is good but not holding out for much.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Didn't know ATS was full of so many hipsters that hate something they never played.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
With all of these cool little videos that Bungie makes for the Halo series, I sure hope they make a movie series now that its over.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by Sorayugiman

There are twenty-four weapons not counting different grenade types and melee. Halo's just a dumbed down game for the console crowd anyways, not sure why people get so excited about it. The fact that Halo 3 sold more copies than Bioshock and Portal back in 2007 says a lot about gamers.

Most PC FPS's don't even have that many weapon, and Halo is arguably the most complete first person shooter on a console.

And Bioshock wasn't even that good, its inferior in almost every way to system shock 2(except graphically.)
And Portal didn't sell well because it was a new Intellectual property.
The only thing Halo 3 selling more than Portal and Bioshock is telling me is that the Halo series is more established franchise like Mario, Zelda, and Half life.

Halo isn't a simplified shooter, its one of the more complicated ones out there.
Its a colorful, bright, skillful shooter in a sea of brown and gray shooters, people are turned off by its learning
curve. It only takes 4 shots to the head to kill a man but to the average Call of Duty player it can take an entire clip. It is one of the last of the popular Arena shooters out there right now with games like Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament 3(if its even alive right now)

edit on 25-6-2011 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, I don't have much hope for Halo 4 seeing Bungie is not the makers.

It took them a long time to get the multiplayer right, and now someone else is dipping their toes into the water.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've been playing Halo since 2001 and if you say it's dumbed down for the average gamer, then you obviously have no skill. It isn't a point click kill game you have to WORK to kill a person, and have to match up weapons to other weapon types in order to do it. You have to know the map layouts and weapon placements as well. They have a dedicated fan base because we've all been with it since the beginning and the new Development team 343i is comprised of most of the old Bungie employess. Anybody that has a distaste for Halo is because it's actually challanging to play and can't win any of the matchs because its more then just point and shoot there is game dynamics invovled you have to think of. I went on a 25 game win streak and one of my best games was around 62 kills and one death thats saying alot when you have to take a energy shield down which is stronger against some weapons and weaker against others and THEN do flesh damage to kill them. Don't whine about how hard Halo is because you can't play it or arn't good move onto another series that suits you we won't miss you in the Halo Multiplayer because we enjoy a challange.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
And I don't even wanna hear COD because they haven't change anything even the graphics engine in the last 4 games. It's outdated and old now, Battlefield is a far better realistic shooter then COD. Halo was never meant to be realistic it's a space shooter come on now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Halo 1 = epic game
halo 2 = just a game
halo 3 = crappy game
halo odst = good game
halo reach = epic game

halo > cod

hopefully the bad halo games are behind us and nothing but good gaming to come.
the new trailers for halo 4 make it interesting but trailers often lie.

and to whoever said halo was overated, i think its creation is underated in terms of gameplay, story and graphics.
screw multiplayer, i buy for the campain mode only.

offical trailer 2012

Gameplay trailer 2012

edit on 5/6/2012 by listerofsmeg because: utube

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My opinion on the Halo series

I never really cared about the game play of Halo, because Hlo 1 was acceptable as well 3 and reach, but I liked the story. In halo one you had no idea what everything was about the 1st person environment the Covenant and the Halo ring. The library was something I liked playing in halo 1 because it was such a high tech facility and you didn't really know what would happen next.

I didn't like halo 2. I fealt that it didn't really add that much to the whole lore about the mysteries of the fore runners. The Delta halo seemed worn down just ruins compared to what the ring in halo1 was. I didn't like how hey changed the damage mechanics of the weapons just so the developers could how the "DUAL WIELD" option, taking away health, and that sort of stuff I almost felt as if it was a step backwards.

Halo 3 I felt was acceptable as a sequel but not as a successor. Sequel I mean it continued the game in a way you enjoyed playing while having a decent story.

Halo reach seemed like a worthy successor improving on the game mechanics that were already good instead of changing them completely like halo 2 had done. The reach engine is good but that inst what I really look for in halo. I am more interested in the mythology and lore behind the fore runners and the precursors, the mystery of the mysteries of the universe.I would like to see a prequel where you play in the forerunner wars, that which the terminals talk about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join