It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If there really were a "second sun" you'd see it ALL THE TIME, not just in some video of a sunset in one village somewhere.

Jeepers, people.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The reflection on the water is in the wrong place. Please correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt the reflection of the 'second sun' be above the sun (on the water) rather than an exact replica of the real image. i.e it should be mirrored, and it doesnt appear so.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Not checked Planets etc yet but check to the right of the proposed second sun reflection of something ...Red arc then a object then it disappears? strange....
Has anyone checked the position of our neighbors yet?
edit on 8-6-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darius2025

No, it's not.

It is simply a reflection of the Sun on a glass window. The Sun's reflection on the water is also creating a reflection on the glass window.

All we have here is a reflection of the Sun and the water.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Now this is what ATS is all about.

Learn something new every day!

Thanks for stopping by and problem solved.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You can see it in the water. The distance per from the sun is different in the water's reflection. Essentially, something is causing a lensing effect in 3d. That's nothing special. It's just a conic styled shape of photon vectors.

This also means it's not in space. The point of light is just a point of reflection within a few hundred miles or so.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why is there even a discussion about a "second sun?" Seriously.. a second sun in the sky?

It would be seen all day, just like the actual sun. It would have been visible for weeks or months. It would have been seen by 10s of thousands of people, including people who look at the sun daily for education, hobby or work.

You actually need to create a thread to even PONDER if it's really there? It doesn't matter how it was recorded, it's obviously for many common sense and logistical reasons, NOT THERE. So it's a hoax, or an unintentional window shot, or a sun dog, or who knows what.

It sort of blows my mind that this would even be a serious topic of discussion.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I think your right. After re-watching the video a dozen times i realized a few things.

1. This is probably shot from behind a 2 paned glass window... hence the reflection.
2. There is a giant cloud in the way, there is no way that a planet (or the moon) could shine through that sucker.
3. There is a 3rd reflection about mid way up and 3/4 to the right

Not Mercury, not moon... all reflection probably.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It was fun trying to figure out exactly what was going on though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Not the moon anyway that is at the time of the Vid posting, more ssw and the sun set in the wnw and there are no planets around the sun in Hungary at sunset at the moment. .....It's not a planet for sure or the moon. Lens flarey 3d thingy it is.....

edit on 8-6-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Interesting video indeed!

Doesnt appear to be a lens flare or sun dog, as the object in question is also reflected on the waters surface.
Looks to big to be venus, and too small to be the moon...?
Myself am not an expert, eagerly await some pros to work on this one!

S+F

edit on 7-6-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

A Sun Dog would most certainly reflect upon the water, as it's an atmospheric phenomenon unlike a lens flare. Personally I imagine this is just a small cloud with the sunlight making it iridescent...causing it to glow. I've seen that phenomenon plenty of times myself. I know one person comments on YouTube that it looks CGI because the reflection is in the wrong place....He seems to be making a fair point...though it's a bit hard to visualize just how it should appear reflected in the water due to the angles involved...He may be right, he may be wrong...not sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Its Nibiru!1!1!111!!!!
Just kidding.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
wow nice find, for faster ref i croped the good bits out, i got 4 clear shots into a quick pic

s&f

EDIT: sorry i will restich another and replace this, i will keep the horizons aligned accross the 4 pics.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: added edit text

edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: changed pic

If this were an actual reflection, the second sun would appear at the top of the reflection and not identical to the supposed actual sun and second sun in the sky. Therefore I deem this a hoax. IMO

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just a couple of other interesting videos:

Second sun??

Kinda neat one from Russia

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Here's the thing. If this was real, wouldn't the reflection of the object in question be on the upper right side of the suns reflection (closer to the horizon), not lower right like it is. I have to go with hoax on this one....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
wow nice find, for faster ref i croped the good bits out, i got 4 clear shots into a quick pic

s&f

EDIT: sorry i will restich another and replace this, i will keep the horizons aligned accross the 4 pics.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: added edit text

edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: changed pic

Has no one spotted the GLARING error inthis footage?

Lets think relections: If you reflect a pattern in a mirror it will be the mirror immage, and therefore the result would be synmetrical.

So if there were two suns in the sky, and in the picture the small well defined "sun" is at about 4 O'clock to the large one, then the resultant reflection being symetrical would have the small globe at 2 O'clock.

Look again at the picture. It is not symetrical. Something very wrong with that!

ETA: Figured it out!

The reflections do make sence, IF the "left hand sun" so to speak is actually sunlight refracting of the storm front on the horizon. If you look at the 4th picture in the sequence quoted above you can see that this is exactly what is happening, The wun in the red orb on the right seen through so much atmosphere it is dulled enough to be well defined, and the bright light to it's left is sunlight catching the edge of a weather front.

Sorted!
edit on 8-6-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
It's not lens flare. Whatever that tiny bright "object" is, it reflects off of the water also. Weird...

I wish I could see what you are all seeing. All I see is the sun setting and the reflection upon the water. I don't see two 'suns'.

Ahhh... those pics someone took helped alot. Ok, I see it. Are people seriously saying that is a sun? Obviously it is a lens flare or something... if it wasn't it would have made the news by now. I think ALOT of people would have seen it. You just can't trust cameras anymore guys. Just look at all the hoopla a few years ago with 'Rods' and all it turned out to be was inscects.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Alienmojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I agree.

I believe the person is video taping from the other side of a window which reflects the sun on to the water and back through the window as a 2nd sun from the point of view of a camera.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Maybe you should get off your high horse assuming just because someone missed the name of a video that he didn't follow the thread.

Sorry, I'm not going to look through 8 pages to find the video name.

Funny how thanking someone for a quick response paves way for an implied insult.

you have the video name, is it that hard for you to tell a fellow ATSer what that video name is? Yes, I COULD look through the thread or all of the videos to find the right one. Just as I could forgo a map when trying to find a place.

One option is very inefficient and illogical.

In any case, this video looks more edited than lens flare, my opinion. (Based of course on the issue of how the reflection is kind of weird)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nice video didnt see it at first took me three goes hahah thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join