It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I would say it'd be a fallacy to assume such a coincidence couldn't possibly occur.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Asking for help and saying one does not know what it is, is a great way to take the suspicion and focus off yourself.

That being said the reflection does not seem right. In the video I was a bit stumped because I did not notice how it reflected just that it did when I did not expect that. Upon viewing the stills I can see the reflection is not correct.

I believe there is some editing involved.

Raist

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpencerGR

I would reply that it's a fallacy to say that I said it could not.

I'm sure it's entirely possible that that object has been there on multiple occasions and no one has commented upon it.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks.

Yes, if you watch the original video and focus on the Sun's reflection on the water, to the right you will always see the "reflection of the reflection", and it changes size and shape relative to the water reflection. That is how I know it is just a reflection.

Here is short clip showing the relationship between the water reflection and it's reflection:

In the above video you can see the water reflection and it's reflection changing together. If you look closely directly below the water reflection you can also see specs of dirt and or dust on the glass window being illuminated.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have been seeing this object near the sun for 3 months now . Go outside and take a picture of the sun---

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetwood70

Yeah..its called a Sun Flare

When you take a photograph and direct sunlight contacts the many pieces of glass in your lens, it usually creates reflections and flares in your photographs. This is called sun flare and using equipment like the lens hood can take care of this ‘problem’. Then again, sometimes that flare makes your picture look even better. Here are 25 great examples of photography using sun flare. Just don’t go around staring at the sun all day with your camera if this inspires you to do so.

www.photographyblogger.net... hy-examples/

edit on 8-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Isnt the fact that this ''2nd sun'' appears before the clouds enough evidence to prove this a fake?

I mean something outside of our planet cannot be in front of our clouds.... right?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Haven't read all 8 pages as didn't feel like reading the same thing over and over, but has anyone thought that it could just be an opening in the clouds with a sun beam shining on the water.....?????

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If you want to see the flare in the video, watch the 2nd reflection. Its in front of it briefly, then disappears. The 2nd reflection remains and moves as the 2nd sun moves.

If someone can make a vid or something slowing down the whole movement of the sun, that would be good.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A couple Comments so far..

Chad and Phage are using a random picture that is NOT of this video to prove this video is fake. I know you're trying to put evidence out there to show what a reflection looks like, but you cant use a picture thats definitely a lens flare, thats not of this video, to try to debunk this video.

A couple anomalies I realized are that the "2nd sun" appears in the water before the Sun appears in the picture.
It probably isn't a sun dog... remember this is a timelapse, I'm not sure if sundogs exist for that long in the sky.

It's very hard to determine the velocity of the object. Remember, we're talking astronomical terms here if the object really is a "second sun."

It's very possible this video has been edited. So I'm not throwing that out of the question.

However, to me, it's very hard to conclude that this was just a "lens flare"

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

It is not exactly "a random picture". It is a capture from another video from the same camera. The reflection appears on different days and shows the same characteristics. That's why it is of interest as a comparison.

In the video of the OP there is a cloud deck which the "object" appears in front of before the Sun goes behind the clouds and the "object" and its reflection disappear.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

pretty sure you've still seen light of the sun through clouds right?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Must of been a loooong lens flare

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

could you post that video please? I'd like to see.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

No I can't.
But you can download them here.
camvid.idokep.hu...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do you remember which video specifically that was from?
I don't exactly have time to dig through all of those videos

thanks for the quick response.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Looking at the original footage, I saw that on the previous dates, the moon was extremely close to the sun, setting shortly thereafter. IS it possible, that what we are seeing is a reflection of the moon? My math-deprived brain can't quite logically figure out how it would not be a new moon if this were the case, but I am not sure.

~Sararainmaker

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Maybe if you follow the thread you can find out.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
After watching the time lapse, I think that if this footage is real, the reflections may be telling us, that whatever that second object is, is in front of the sun... we see the footage flat. Could it be that the reflection is hinting at a possible location between earth and the sun?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd log in to let you all know what that is.

It is Mercury.

This from Stellarium.

Signing up to photobucket so I can show you the screenshot.

edit on 8-6-2011 by darius2025 because: added screenshot

edit on 8-6-2011 by darius2025 because: pic all f'd up

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join