It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest CME Ever 07-06-2011.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Today (07.06.2011) happend very big Coronal mass ejection. Possibly largest ever.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Latest Lasco3 picture

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The sun has been erupting for the last few days & today was the very huge one.
I'm no expert, but this looks huge.I would love some expert to give us some feedback on this.
edit on 7-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What is the classification of this. and do we have an estimate on when SOHO will be able to tell the poloarity.

Is the basis that this is "the biggest ever" based just on the graphics or is there anything else to back this up???

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing - yes that looks like one whoppa of a flare

Now all we need is the Sun Worshippers in here so we know if this is going to effect us.

S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

does this matter at all? i have no idea but based on your thread title i should be ALERTED! please tell me why and other people that have no idea.

I clicked on your links but one is another picture that seems unrelated and one is a website but no link to an article that should tell me.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Shouldnt your title read biggest CME this month? or week
The truth is better than the stars

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems like a really excited new member who was introduced to spaceweather.com or the SOHO observatory for the first time. I think spaceweather has it listed as an M2 -Class CME still pretty big looks wicked on the SDO footage but by no means would I got out on a limb calling it the biggest ever... still a pretty amazing sight too see....

link   
Only detail I can see on Space wather is a class M ... M is for .... Meh!!

However I am not sure if that is what you posted there.

link   
Wow, I've been watching the sun for a while now, and that's the biggest one I've seen. I checked my nasa app, they say it might hit earth on June 8th or 9th.
Yeah Nasa says its just a M-class flare. Are they lying? Because on a different page there's a guy saying "never seen anything like it"

The app I use is 3D Sun. It's an official nasa app.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's a site you might find useful.

www.solarham.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Point being, if this is a sufficiently strong X class flare. with a southern polarity. Say bye bye to your electronics.

Worse case, it will blow out the transformers. and they take months if not years to replace.

Basically back to the 1800's
edit on 7/6/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
according to spaceweather.com it was only a m2 class flare. seen a lot bigger over last couple of months.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't think this was shot off in earth's direction

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The sun dictates earths activities.
I'm sure the usual suspects will be here soon to debunk the size part of the title.
they're faster then I thought
edit on 7-6-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by A por uvas because: spelling

edit on 7-6-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
On what do you base your sensationalist headline, Your links are not playing it up as much as you are.Largest cme ever ? Or is it just the largest one you have seen since you found the site recently.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

thank you for a little clarification.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In all fairness the OP's title is actually the title of the the youtube video posted.

Unless he / she is the poster of the video, then they are just following the general rules in not paraphrasing external content.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Funny, spaceweather's been down for the last couple hours, at least on my end. But, yea, we had an earth directed X1 or X2 class flare a couple months ago.. Remember, it was the biggest since I think 2004 or 2005? Some folks freaked but I don't recall it causing too much fuss.

Within a class there is a linear scale from 1 to 9, so an X2 flare is twice as powerful as an X1 flare, and is four times more powerful than an M5 flare. The more powerful M and X class flares are often associated with a variety of effects on the near-Earth space environment.

edit on 7-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It came off as an M2 so not the largest but still pretty spectacular.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Haven't figured out the direction yet tho. If anyone knows?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yep, all indications are that is is just an M2.

Who is going around saying this is possibly the biggest ever? seriously if it was the biggest ever flare. We are in serious SERIOUS trouble.

But it is an M2, so you still have to go to work tomorrow OK?
edit on 7/6/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If this turns out to be the biggest ,then who will know ,all your computers and electrical appliances will be fried.except mine and maybe 2 or 3 other people.Back to face to face communication with optional eye contact

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join