It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Man, Pull Guns on Bystanders Demanding Phones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS STOP??

Memorial weekend 2011, Miami Beach, Florida. A 22 year old male is accused of fleeing police and using his car as a weapon. Police kill the man and wound four others. Then the police pull guns on witnesses recording the scene and confiscate and break cell phones.

This video appears to show the man getting shot at 5 times before the police converge on the car and all unload their guns. I'm not focusing on the man who got killed at this moment, i'm focusing on the aftermath of the incident.

"They handled us like we were criminals," she said. "The officer came over to the driver's side, on my left, and just put the gun to my head."
"They took everyone's phones and smashed them," she said.
Benoit says the only reason he still has the footage is because it was saved on a tiny memory card, which he removed and hid from the officers, despite being told to hand over his video.
"I took the chip out and put it in my mouth," he said, and kept it there the whole time he was interviewed by police at a nearby mobile command post.

www.cnn.com...

What is going on with police and their fear of being recorded. What if that cop started shooting into the second car? Would he have taken the camera and then said he thought there was a gun in that car too? If the first thing that police do when something happens is tell everyone to get far, far away and then confiscate all evidence, who's to say what REALLY happened?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
this is precursor of whats to become common practice by law enforcement in this police state

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So they just smash the evidence now.

Nice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

This is the footage from the man that took his sd card out of his phone and hid it in his mouth to avoid it being destroyed and spent 6 hours in police lock up because he filmed them.

This incident should be used as a catalyst to repeal the new laws against filming police. Like right now ,,,,,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
These cops are taking it too far! Pointing guns at civilians and witnesses? This shows us who the REAL terrorists are and yes, they are living among us.

Power Hungry, Martial Law type enforcement has to be stopped! What are they training the police to do these days? It's like WE are all the enemy and must bow down to them at their command.

What is happening to our society and when did WE become nothing but trash in their eyes?

No Rights, No Freedoms, No Speech...Nothing.

Looking at this video convinces me once and for all that the trigger has been pulled on us and that we are no longer free.

edit on 7-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A second graphic video of Miami Beach and Hialeah police officers firing over 100 bullets into Raymond Herrise's car has been released, and it's one the officers really didn't want you to see.

blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

Over 100 shots fired on a crowded street during Memorial weekend in Miami Beach. I thought if police were involved in a car chase that could cause significant harm to civilians and or damage to property that they were supposed to let it go
:pus: Four innocent people were shot (allegedly by the police) and then they turn their guns on citizens for the footage!?!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
These cops are taking it too far! Pointing guns at civilians and witnesses?

Power Hungry, Martial Law type enforcement has to be stopped! What are they training the police to do these days? It's like WE are all the enemy and must bow down to them at their command.

What is happening to our society and when did WE become nothing but trash in their eyes?

No Rights, No Freedoms, No Speech...Nothing.

Looking at this video convinces me once and for all that the trigger has been pulled on us and that we are no longer free.

edit on 7-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I fear we are too far gone. What can we do? These people operate in the open now, right in front of your eyes.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Doesn't make too much sense, threatening bystanders with force to get the videos. As your second video shows, in todays world, there will always be some one who gets the video out. Looks as though the second video was from an apartment building window.

If they want to combat people recording them, they need to find another way. But, before they do, maybe they should look at who started to record who first. They are the ones who put cameras on every street corner and in every cop car. Why should it be o.k. for them and not for the Average Joe?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Domestic terrorism at its finest when will people wake up and start bringing these charges on them maybe then the media would pick it up and more people would do the same that may open some eyes or maybe not some how or some way something has to happen. You know its bad when your more likely to die from the cops then a terrorist but imo they are one and the same if you think any different just watch the videos closely no difference in the two at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blend57

The second video was the first and only one released until just now because (as the fist video shows) the police confiscated and smashed all the evidence!! Numerous people reported this but only one person had the guts/brains to actually get video proof of it. This guy told the cops his phone was already broken and hid the sim card in his mouth.

The fact that the police felt the need to destroy evidence makes the original case (the shooting) very suspicious in my mind. Even if the original crime was valid and by the book, the end result was very illegal and should be an eye opener to a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are quite a few threads on this shooting and the cops demanding cells back. Use the search

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All you need to do is type key words into search.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think there is more to this story then meets the eye. The police were telling them to get out of the area. You can hear it if you really listen to the last part of the video. They just had to use deadly force on someone and all they see is someone carrying something in their hand that could be mistaken for a gun. You are talking about a very tense moment that unless you've been in a similar situation, you would have no idea how you would react. I've never had a gun pointed at me, but I've had to enter a house where I didn't know if the suspect was still hiding in there. Your main objective is to keep yourself and others from being killed. Plus is there any video of the police destroying the phones? What I'm saying is that I've made bad calls on situations without seeing both sides. I think I'll wait to see all the evidence before I trash the police officers.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I think there is more to this story then meets the eye. The police were telling them to get out of the area. You can hear it if you really listen to the last part of the video. They just had to use deadly force on someone and all they see is someone carrying something in their hand that could be mistaken for a gun. You are talking about a very tense moment that unless you've been in a similar situation, you would have no idea how you would react. I've never had a gun pointed at me, but I've had to enter a house where I didn't know if the suspect was still hiding in there. Your main objective is to keep yourself and others from being killed. Plus is there any video of the police destroying the phones? What I'm saying is that I've made bad calls on situations without seeing both sides. I think I'll wait to see all the evidence before I trash the police officers.

I never trash talked the police officers, i simply stated facts. As far as having a gun pointed at me, this has happened on many occasions, by police and civilians. I have also been shot twice.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
There are quite a few threads on this shooting and the cops demanding cells back. Use the search

Please contribute to one of the existing threads.

Closed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarifying. I was just saying that it seems like a waste of energy to go after all the video takers as they know that someones gonna put it out there for the world to see. So, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye.

IF they are worried about being video taped than they went about it the wrong way. That type of response would only ensure that it got out on you tube. So, it doesn't really make sense to me.

Not sure what to think about this at the moment......

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Those threads INCLUDING YOURS don't have the video i'm showing or the CNN link.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ok so you know then what its like. You snap into a different mode. As far as evidence, it's not all there for me. I didn't see the police take anyone's camera. As far as the officer's weapon drawn, he didn't know who those people were or what there were doing. What was the scene like in the area? People forget, those officers didn't have that info til after the fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be an awesome thing if police were required by law to carry duty cams on their person.
Just film the whole shift from the officers pov.
Say a shoulder or helmet mounted camera, maybe they would act a little more like police men than police officers.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Coming to local law enforcement near you.

www.globalnews.ca...

I don't know if I'm all for it, it some ways it's great police can't abuse there power, and will have a record to use in event of a claim brought against an officer. But are we as the public going to be able to subpoena the footage as well when we feel the police have commited wrong is it a tool for there eyes only, and since its only activated when the officer turns it on, will the be used all the time. Or only when an officer deems it necessary as well. Great tool i think if used both ways, would show both sides of the story. Catch the prick cops who are just plain prick cops, as well as catch the good cops who are out there doing there job. And as well be used both ways to make sure that all parties involved acted according as to what happened, and what was reported.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow! That was a lot of gunfire. I think they got him. They still looked hesitant about approaching the car. I think cops are using force like this because they have become cowards. I think in the past when you were a cop, you went out knowing you could get killed but figured that was the job. Now I think cops think, I'm going out and there is no way I'm getting killed even if that means I have to gang murder someone. Easy for me to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join