It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Reid says he can't defend Weiner

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater

You may very well be on to something. From what I've heard making wild accusations, choppy sentence structure and inconsistent grammar and capitalization are indicative of mental illness. Great catch!

/MD

I'm glad we finally agree on something !

Weiner and Reid are famous for these things !

and i never said i was smart !!! or did i ? i can't remember.

perhaps i am underprivileged .... in which case, i need the help !!

by the way, which Thesaurus software do you use ?

i could use a tip or two.

i am having trouble with my Mongolian translator. the letters are all different you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well since you are from Nevada I concede you might have more familiarity with Senator Reid than I. However from what I do know on the national political scale they seem to be polar opposites. As a self avowed liberal I agree with Sen Reid and cannot defend Rep Weiner as I've stated numerous times.

I personally wouldn't care if he donned a strap-on and went to town at a petting zoo but since he lied and mislead the public, I feel he should resign.

Sen Reid seems much more reserved, tolerant, calculated and savvy as compared to Weiner. Sure some of Weiner's antics and theatrics were entertaining but he was way too extreme for my tastes. When you are that radical you earn many political foes from BOTH sides of the aisle. He is polarizing and conceited and I detest him and Sarah Palin for those very reasons. He is obviously as ignorant as she if he failed to realize sending his picture of himself and his tallywaggle wouldn't get him busted.

What I am seeing is Rep Weiner's actions being used to malign an entire political party and that is just hypocritical and wrong IMO.

/MD
edit on 7-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

again we agree !

Weiner Himself has mentioned "seeking help"....

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Weiner said that despite his online relationships, he has never met any of the women or “had any physical relationships at any time.”

The Brooklyn and Queens congressman said that he may seek professional help, but tried to take responsibility for his actions stating “this is my own personal mistake. This is a deep weakness that I have demonstrated.”

and His peevish rantings on the House floor last year did not help His image !

www.youtube.com...

its almost like HE needed an "emergency 911" response !!!

p.s. i wasn't aware of Sarah Palin sending photos of Herself ! ...... maybe She is next !!

Good God !
edit on Jun-07-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun-07-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

p.s. i wasn't aware of Sarah Palin sending photos of Herself ! ...... maybe She is next !!

Yes, I'm told they are pix of her with Paul Revere and from what I heard the British weren't the only ones coming.

One if by land.........

/MD

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes, I'm told they are pix of her with Paul Revere and from what I heard the British weren't the only ones coming.

One if by land.........

/MD

No fan of Palin, but I will defend her right to speak and be heard - as with anyone else.

However, without documented proof - such as Weiner has provided - then please review the following link:

libel

li·bel   
[lahy-buhl] Show IPA
noun, verb, -beled, -bel·ing or ( especially British ) -belled, -bel·ling.
–noun
Law .
a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b. the act or crime of publishing it.

Then back on topic ...

edit on 6/8/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bottom line is,
Dont expect perfection because you cant deliver it,
BUT
When youre 'hired/elected' to represent the people, just make sure you can do it, and do it well.
You've got 2, 4, or 6 years to stay focused, vigilant and respectful.
If ya have to have your perv fix, (whatever it may be between consenting adults) keep it private.
We're human, like I said dont expect what you cant deliver, but we're not looking for perfection are we.
We just want those elected to do it right, and dont waste too much of our money and time chasing their addictions or egos.

The dude, needs fired.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I personally wouldn't care if he donned a strap-on and went to town at a petting zoo but since he lied and mislead the public, I feel he should resign.

/MD
edit on 7-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

I feel the same, about the resigning part that is,
now the petting zoo, I threw up a little bit in my mouth, only because of the trauma that the kids would endure.
(shaking head) not the petting zoo, please no.

These Guys and Gals get there, (DC) and the jobs over, till next election cycle.
The day will come!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow, my first stalker. I'm flattered since you are sporting all that 'flair'

But if you seriously think my reply in jest (note laughing smiley guy) to another member's satire constitutes libel then I suppose I'm in deep doo doo as my powder wig for the trial is at the dry cleaners.

Do you think you'll get Paul Revere to take the witness stand for the defense?

Geez, no sense of humor from Conspiracy types.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

Wow, my first stalker. I'm flattered since you are sporting all that 'flair'

But if you seriously think my reply in jest (note laughing smiley guy) to another member's satire constitutes libel then I suppose I'm in deep doo doo as my powder wig for the trial is at the dry cleaners.

Do you think you'll get Paul Revere to take the witness stand for the defense?

Geez, no sense of humor from Conspiracy types.

It's my OP.

That makes YOU the stalker ...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Add more democrats to the list of those calling for Weiner to resign.

And the source also reports that Weiner's staffers are starting to look for other jobs.

source

Taken together, Schwartz, Pryor and Michaud appear to be the vanguard of what could become a much stronger push from Weiner’s Democratic colleagues. Two lawmakers, Reps. Betty Sutton of Ohio and Tim Walz of Minnesota, have heeded GOP calls to give up campaign cash they received from Weiner — though neither has said he should resign. Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine, who is running for an open Senate seat in Virginia, said Tuesday that Weiner should resign because he lied about the scandal. And Democratic sources told POLITICO that members of Weiner’s staff are looking for other jobs.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

It's my OP.

That makes YOU the stalker ...

I was referring to your little surprise drive by in my intro thread espousing my lack of intellect after our first exchange in this one. I'm still learning the ropes here but twice now you have threatened me, first for alleged terms violation for 'semantics' then for libel after obvious political parody.

ON TOPIC:

It is abundantly clear the pressure is mounting and Rep Weiner will do the right thing by resigning. Unlike OP, I am not surprised other Democrats are failing to defend his actions. Not the picture or private conversations part which was just plain stupid but the lying part which was dishonorable.

Not sure why the Extreme Right is so surprised by the Democrats doing the right thing and resort to using tems like "thrown under bus."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Not sure why the Extreme Right is so surprised by the Democrats doing the right thing and resort to using tems like "thrown under bus."

As you are a self-proclaimed liberal, chalk it up to "political myopia" - the inability and/or unwillingness to see what happens right in front of your face solely because it's "your people" that are doing it. The right has been guilty of this, too. But the left has turned it into a science, with their allies in the MSM refusing to even do news stories that they feel might hurt a democrat.

You only have to look a little ways back at Charles Rangel for an example of what I'm talking about. Or going back farther, former KKK member and senator Byrd compared to the treatment Republican senator Lott received for only making a speech.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
But he can fully support the Patriot Act and the perpetual wars in the Middle East. Way to go taking that moral high ground, Harry!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
But he can fully support the Patriot Act and the perpetual wars in the Middle East. Way to go taking that moral high ground, Harry!

/TOA

Somewhat like John Kerry's infamous, "I was for the war in Iraq until I was against it" statement, Reid was against the Patriot Act while Bush was president, but for it now that obama is president.

source

But what has changed to justify Reid's change of heart on the PA?

Is it what's going on out in the world? No, the terrorists are still out there trying to attack the U.S.

That leaves as the only reason for Reid's flip-flop is that a democrat - obama - is now pushing the Patriot Act, so Reid is now acting like a hypocritical rubber stamp.

edit on 6/9/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

and not to mention all this:

washingtonexaminer.com...

Nevada voting machines automatically checking Harry Reid's name

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Rory Reid, Son Of Harry Reid, Reportedly Skirted Contribution Limits In Gubernatorial Campaign

archive.newsmax.com...

Howard Dean Implicates Harry Reid in Abramoff Scandal

www.captainsquartersblog.com...

Harry Reid And The Culture Of Corruption

Once again, we discover why the Democrats quietly dropped their "culture of corruption" theme for the upcoming midterms. The AP catches Harry Reid without a disclosure on real-estate deals that netted him $700,000 in profit:

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid collected a $1.1 million windfall on a Las Vegas land sale even though he hadn't personally owned the property for three years, property deeds show.

In the process, Reid did not disclose to Congress an earlier sale in which he transferred his land to a company created by a friend and took a financial stake in that company, according to records and interviews.

no wonder He says call somebody else !!

at least He didn't tell Weiner to always "reid the fine print" first !!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Backing up a point I made in the OP about how the MSM is part of the progressive machine is this from the liberal Washington Post, where they solicit help from their readers to help them look through Palin's emails for something they can use to attack her further.

source

More than 24,000 e-mail messages sent to and from Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday. Join The Post in digging through them. We are looking for 100 organized and diligent readers who will work alongside Post reporters to analyze, contextualize, and research the e-mails. Think of it as spending some time in our newsroom.

Our hope is that working together, we can efficiently find interesting information and extract new stories that will lead to further investigation. We don’t know what we’ll find, but we want you to be ready and open for the challenge.

Some of the reader comments say it best IMO:

Cdgaman
Your time would be better spent investigating how Obama is destroying our jobs, our economy, our money supply, and our future.
Today 6/9/2011 11:23:13 AM PDTRecommendRecommended by 42 readersReplyReport

pswift00
I don't remember the Post asking for folks to help read the two thousand-some-odd page health care bill.
Today 6/9/2011 11:14:39 AM PDTRecommendRecommended by 65 readersReplyReport
6 more (expand)

pswift00
The post is really trying to enlist folks to uncover some impropriety/stupidity in these emails? That's pretty tasteless. Why does the Post insist on giving this woman so much attention? it's like putting someone down because you're insecure.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why is weiner important news story in every western news outlets?
Is the media avoiding economy collapse?
edit on 9-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So, having a very high profile democrat leader - Reid in this case - say something this critical about a well known fellow democrat is quite noteworthy, and does constitute throwing someone under the bus.

Actually I see this as NOT playing partisan politics and living up to a personal standard. One may attempt to malign someone like that as it's too damn rare in this day but he did as right a thing a Weiner did wrong but then you fall into the partisan crap that Reid avoided.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So, having a very high profile democrat leader - Reid in this case - say something this critical about a well known fellow democrat is quite noteworthy, and does constitute throwing someone under the bus.

Actually I see this as NOT playing partisan politics and living up to a personal standard. One may attempt to malign someone like that as it's too damn rare in this day but he did as right a thing a Weiner did wrong but then you fall into the partisan crap that Reid avoided.

Hey Intrepid,

Never said Reid didn't do the right thing in this case. I even liked the bluntness of Reid's "I'd tell him to call somebody else" comment. Sometimes things do need to be said in just such a way to make sure everyone "gets it".

Just think it was surprising that Reid did do the right thing after so many failed chances for him to do so in the past.

Hopefully, it's the start of a new trend for Reid ...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Never said Reid didn't do the right thing in this case.

The dispute ISN'T about what you DIDN'T say, it is about what you DID say. Reminder from OP:

Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), the senate majority leader is the latest high profile democrat throwing Weiner under the bus.

[I emphasized the unnecessary jab.]

Too bad Michael Jackson is no longer around. I'm sure he would appreciate your fine "Moonwalking." Intrepid seems to be pointing out, as did I, that the OP had a partisan whiff. Why hide it now?

/MD

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join