It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Reid says he can't defend Weiner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe this will put an ATS finish on the whole sordid "weiner-gate" business.

Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), the senate majority leader is the latest high profile democrat throwing Weiner under the bus.

source

Asked what he would do if Weiner called him for advice, Reid said he'd tell him to call somebody else.

And that, my friends, pretty much says it all.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

"weiner-gate"
good one! "I did not have sexual relations with my iphone" I think the true crime is that the public had to see the pictures. What a Weiner!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Would have been a commendable thread without the "thrown under the bus" personal swipe.

Since when is standing up for dignity and doing the right thing "throwing someone under bus?" it is a good thing that Reid didn't stand by him. No "blind allegiance." I can only imagine what vile the keyboarder tappers would spew.

And for the bazillionth time, I think Rep Weiner should step down. Not for cyber whacking but for lying about it. Heck, he didn't even soil a blue dress and the vultures are still swarming. Probably just jealousy becuse he had a rather significant Anthony Jr.

Good for Senator Reid. Big

/MD
edit on 7-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
Would have been a commendable thread without the "thrown under the bus" personal swipe.

Since when is standing up for dignity and doing the right thing "throwing someone under bus?" it is a good thing that Reid didn't stand by him. No "blind allegiance." I can only imagine what vile the keyboarder tappers would spew..

And for the bazillionth time, I think Rep Weiner should step down. Not for cyber whacking but fot lying about it. Heck, he didn't even soil a blue dress and the vultures are still swarming. Probably just jealousy becuse he had a rather significant Anthiny Jr.

Good for Senator Reid.

/MD

Personal swipe?

I used the term "thrown under the bus" because democrats and their MSM minions typically ignore or defend any of their fellows whenever they are caught with their pants down - so to speak.

So, having a very high profile democrat leader - Reid in this case - say something this critical about a well known fellow democrat is quite noteworthy, and does constitute throwing someone under the bus.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think Rep Weiner should step down. Not for cyber whacking but for lying about it.

the lie is instinctual and leftover from a time when the internet wasn't so rampant and available - I think its normal and natural - and if I had a weiner I'd totally tweet it - and I wouldn't lie about it cause who cares? seriously?

I think the world just needed one more thing to distract it from all the real things that we should be worried about - thank you MSM for bringing the tweeted weiner to our attention and ignoring for the 2nd month in a row that Texas is on fire ♥mwah!♥

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I think Rep Weiner should step down. Not for cyber whacking but for lying about it.

If he should step down for lying, then every politician should step down including the President. They all lie. Not saying I don't agree though.
edit on 7-6-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I used the term "thrown under the bus" because democrats and their MSM minions typically ignore or defend any of their fellows whenever they are caught with their pants down - so to speak.

But in THIS case rather than point out the ATYPICAL behavior you stereotype, cast generalizations and resort to low bows. I'll stick strictly on YOUR THREAD TOPIC. Can you provide any prior evidence where Senator Reid defended another Democratic colleauge "with their pants down?" ( to use your terminology) I'll be waiting............

Oh yeah that Nancy Pelosi what a hypocrite, handling the situation with partisan kid gloves:

Pelosi Files Ethics Inquiry Request as Rep. Weiner Faces GOP Calls to Resign

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

But in THIS case rather than point out the ATYPICAL behavior you stereotype, cast generalizations and resort to low bows. I'll stick strictly on YOUR THREAD TOPIC. Can you provide any prior evidence where Senator Reid defended another Democratic colleauge "with their pants down?" ( to use your terminology) I'll be waiting............

Oh yeah that Nancy Pelosi what a hypocrite, handling the situation with partisan kid gloves:

Pelosi Files Ethics Inquiry Request as Rep. Weiner Faces GOP Calls to Resign

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

/MD

Even though you're managing to sound somewhat like a blowhard with "I'll be waiting ...", I'll respond by pointing you towards my very specific wording of "democrats and their MSM minions typically ignore ...". I'm sure you understand the logical difficulty in proving the negative - as in prove Reid did not throw someone under the bus, right?

And you understand that trying to steer a thread into a semantics debate is considered a deflection and therefore a T&C violation, right?

Last, Reid is from my state. I'm sure that makes me all too familiar with his record. And very likely more familiar with Reid's record than you are. Right?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
what happens when you throw a weiner under the bus? you get a dead dog!

sorry couldnt resist.

anyone who defends weiner or actions needs to be shunned.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And you understand that trying to steer a thread into a semantics debate is considered a deflection and therefore a T&C violation, right?

I might be new here Mr. High and Mighty but where I come from your reply wreaks of someone who does not have an argument and was caught red handed. Sort of like Mr. Weiner.

Semantics debate = Violation of T&C.
What a pathetically weak defense.

Three people with something in common: ( NONE of us are defending Weiner's actions.)

1. Me
2. Senator Reid
3. Nancy Pelosi

It is abundantly clear you cannot offer a single instance where Sen Reid has showed preferential treatment to another Democrat in the midst of a scandal, so how about pointing out any other "high ranking" Democrats that have. I will still be waiting.

I realize the Extreme Right is frothing over this incident but Rep Weiner, although a loudmouth firebrand, is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. Think jumbo shrimp.

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
is there even really and solid proof it was even him? and I thought the picture was just of him or whoever in their boxers...

His facebook account had been hacked too I heard so isn't it very probable that whoever was targeting weiner may have cracked into some of his personal picture and done this? I honestly think this is all just overhyped and just somebody with personal beef with weiner more or likely

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

He admitted everything yesterday in a news conference around 4:15 pm.
The ATS righties are making it into a movie.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I might be new here Mr. High and Mighty but where I come from your reply wreaks of someone who does not have an argument and was caught red handed. Sort of like Mr. Weiner.

I just quoted a news article. That's all the argument there is in the OP. You're providing the BS.

Semantics debate = Violation of T&C.

No, however, using any method - semantics in your case - to try and derail a thread is.

It is abundantly clear you cannot offer a single instance where Sen Reid has showed preferential treatment to another Democrat in the midst of a scandal, so how about pointing out any other "high ranking" Democrats that have. I will still be waiting.

Ignoring the actions of your own group while prosecuting similar actions by your opponents would fit anyone's definition of "preferential treatment - except yours, perhaps.

Again, per the OP I do not have to provide that since Reid could simply be guilty of looking the other way when there is a scandal. Why don't you show us all how you can prove that? In the meantime, you can also do your own research if the subject of did Reid or did he not ignore a scandal - not the subject of the OP, What Reid said about Weiner is - is that important to you. I would imagine you could start by making a list all the political scandals since Reid has been in the Senate, or making it easier for you, just the ones that took place while Reid had a leadership role. Then you could cross-check those with Reid's actions or inactions (how do you want to define that?) on every one of them.

I'll be waiting for YOUR report. Better yet, do the research and start your own thread.
I might even stop by and add a few comments and critiques of my own.

edit on 6/7/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by here4awhile

The ATS righties are making it into a movie.

ROFLMAO!

I heard they struggled to find the right title:

Stand By Me
Self Terminator
To Kill A Mockingtweet
Die Hard 4
From Here to Eternity 2012
Forrest Lump
Elephant Man
The Thing
Eye Wide Shut
Political Titanic
A Hard Day's Night
Bridge on the River BVD
The Big Lebowski

OK....that's all I got. And the winner is:

"We have no Real Agenda for America so We'll Just Milk This Weiner Thing."

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
hm ok so he admitted it...i guess it still doesn't really matter to me...I mean it's his own personal life...who are we to dictate every little thing he does with it...not like it has anything to do with his stance in government...I'm sure the MSM will milk the crap out of this instead of the real important issues...but it seems to entertain the sheeple at least

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I just quoted a news article.

How about a quick review from your source verbatim?

WASHINGTON – Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says he cannot defend embattled New York Rep. Anthony Weiner, who has admitted to sexually charged online relationships with several women and lying about his misdeeds.

Reid told reporters on Tuesday that he wished there were some way he could defend the New York congressman, but he can't. It was the latest sign of the cool response Weiner is getting from fellow Democrats embarrassed by his online sex scandal.

Asked what he would do if Weiner called him for advice, Reid said he'd tell him to call somebody else.

That's all the argument there is in the OP.

QUOTE FROM OP:
Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), the senate majority leader is the latest high profile democrat throwing Weiner under the bus.

Odd, I don't see the words "throw under the bus" in OP. Not pitch, toss, beneath, below, mass transit vehicle.....nada.

It appears to me YOU added the argument. Quite frankly as I first posted it would have been a factual and balanced thread without your little snide poke. Hopefully by reposting existing text IN CONTEXT I am within T&C. In short, a neutral news story was cited in OP and then slanted with a partisan and unfounded jab. The only bus Rep Weiner is under is the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile from his own doing. Senator Reid distanced himself to avoid the common "guilt by association" like you attempted here. TRUTH FAIL :shk:

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sounds like he fits the profile of an extremely sexually extroverted voyeur. I wouldn't necessarily put him in the same category as the latest crop of prostitute seeking/raping figureheads we have been hearing about. This is probably just another news story to keep the American peoples minds off the bad economy.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Weiner is a d*ck.

He has to go, especially as he lied his butt off about it, taught others to lie and have hundreds of other pictures just, uh, hanging out there. Zero integrity and rampantly insecure (apparently he constantly asked his marks if they found him attractive) and we should have no use for him. His Repub peer in NY quit over really much less. F'ing coward and slime ball. ...And I am NOT a conservative (in the modern sense).

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Harry won't "speak" for anybody even remotely connected with scandal.

He and His son Rory have enough local scandals on their hands !

it seems both of them have had to "call somebody else" on a few occasions.

and has anyone questioned the mental stability of Rep. Weiner ?

does He seems to be displaying symptoms of Ritalin abuse ?

does He have adhd ?

does He need help ?

not to mention being a general moron.

oh ! that's all private and privileged i forgot.

hope he didn't vote like he acts !

EDIT to add: Oh! before i get whacked....
this is all IMO
edit on Jun-07-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
and has anyone questioned the mental stability of Rep. Weiner ?

does He seems to be displaying symptoms of Ritalin abuse ?

does He have adhd ?

does He need help ?

not to mention being a general moron.

oh ! that's all private and privileged i forgot.

hope he didn't vote like he acts !

You may very well be on to something. From what I've heard making wild accusations, choppy sentence structure and inconsistent grammar and capitalization are indicative of mental illness. Great catch!

/MD

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join