It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Admits: We Have No Gold

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Perhaps and I hope we are approaching the point of critical mass. I know Ron Paul has been trying for decades to do a physical or visual audit of Fort Knox to see how much gold is in there and they will not let him... This also is a play on words as the Gold is supposed to be the American peoples (in most peoples minds) However it has not been since 1934. So the BS on how the US Treasury has the gold is just a ruse. We need to demand they prove it...

I agree that we, America we, are coming to a critical mass when it comes to actual wealth. Giving over gold and power to coin money to a private institution was a mistake in the first place, and the constant borrowing in the past few years has drained America of it's assets, I believe, and the Rich Banking Cartel that is even above the FED now has most of the gold. I tend to think they, operative word, they who hold the gold, are expecting the Annunaki to return. They have gathered all of the gold that can, and built deep underground bases, plus, if you can believe some others, bases on the Moon and Mars also. I think the gold is an offering. For the safety of the Rich Elite, I presume.

I support Ron Paul in his efforts to fully audit the Federal Reserve Bank. I personally thing that the FED should be drained of all of it's many assets, and banned from existence, along with the rest of the Central Banking system in America. Then the power to coin money should go to whom it belongs, Constitutionally speaking, the United States Treasury. A new money needs to be coined, a gold backed dollar that is interest free.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Teri Lynn Bailey March 1 at 8:17pm
www.endofamerica2011.com This stuff is scary! But a must know info so I am sending it to you.
Stansberry's Investment Advisory
www.stansberryresearch.com This is a video of just what is happening to America.. It has happened to other countries in the past and we are not immune to the results of what our government has done. This is scary stuff but I am afraid it is all true as soon we will all see!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Long ago,
we would buy things with Gold.
but people got rob'd all the time.
so Banks started.
they gave you a credit not for the Gold.
you then travled to the next city.
whent to the bank and gave them the credit note.
they gave you your Gold back.
Now! they just Keep the Gold.
and leave us with credit notes?
****sukers!****

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You all need to take the Credit Notes back to the backs.
and get your Gold Back!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No more gold, you say? Time to get your pans out and hit the creek!
2nd

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Teri Lynn Bailey March 1 at 8:17pm
www.endofamerica2011.com This stuff is scary! But a must know info so I am sending it to you.
Stansberry's Investment Advisory
www.stansberryresearch.com This is a video of what is happening to America because of our governments printing of worthless money for decades.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

That's a better direct link than the one I tried to put up-- thanks! Whew! This is getting exciting, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

oh wait a min,
whose $144B worth of gold bricks
was stolen from the Fed Res vaults
under the WTC ????

edit on 6/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

That is the first thing I thought as well. Plus that was at around 300 an oz so I guess that would be closer
to 1 tril by now.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Who needs gold anyways, when the SHTF the only precious metal will be lead. Thats what im saving up anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ok i have a question... Why havent the markets gone haywire? This news is massive no?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It is my opinion that currency is merely any object in circulation which is acknowledged universally within a society or economy as having a specific value at any given time. Regardless of whether there's any gold backing the dollar, the value of the dollar only exists if we assign it that value. Why? Because the value of the gold likewise only exists if we assign it that value.

The potential collapse being discussed could happen regardless of whether the gold is present. Lets say the gold is there, and that dollars are in fact backed by gold, hypothetically. What happens if people decide gold is worthless? If the gold isn't there, it means we've all been assigning value to paper. What happens if people decide that paper is worthless?

Obviously I'm oversimplifying it. I know it's a lot more complex than that, and that supply, demand, investor and consumer confidence, resource availability, and myriad other factors all contribute to the given "value" of any given currency. But ultimately, in the simplest terms, "value" is a concept. It is a concept which, through choice or merely by circumstance, our species has given enormous power and influence over our lives. But it is merely a concept, nonetheless. In my opinion it is not inherent or somehow innate. If it was, the collapse we fear happening would be impossible, because the value of currencies and goods would be absolute and unchanging.

Therefore I have difficulty - in the broad, holistic sense at least - understanding why it matters whether the gold is there or not, outside of the perception that it creates. The only reason I can fathom is: perception = reality for us. And with a concept we have given this much power, that's a scary dynamic.

And yet, people think it irrational to even suggest that, perhaps, the concept itself might be a very old, very unfortunate mistake on our part as a species rather than something required for the existence of civilization.

Food for thought?

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 6/8/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So now they are neither federal, nor a reserve
(if they ever were)

This together with the other thread about the Canadian SC judge who ruled the USA a "Corporate police-state" MUST be eye opening enough to the world right?

right....?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
HI everyone,

Just wanted to throw ths out there but the FED does not need Gold for collateral to value the US dollar, it has the US population! I suggest you read this article, but in short the FED owns you from birth once you are born here and are given a birth certificate. Basically the FED uses us, the people, as collateral for our future production and intrinsic value over our lifespan.

The Federal Reserve OWNS you from birth

So now do you see why gold doesn't matter to the institution anymore, who needs gold when you own people?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do you suppose Alvarez was being a lawyer here? In the sense of being a bit misleading, while still not saying anything that wasn't actually untrue. Strictly speaking, the Federal Reserve may have no gold, but the INDIVIDUAL MEMBER BANKS do! I suspect they have quite a lot in their private vaults.

Probably more than the government has in Fort Knox these days. Does anyone have any links that can confirm actual government holdings?

Does anyone have any more links to the context of all this?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a delusional fool who is tampering with things he does not understand. Sooner or later his grandstanding combined with his ignorance will be enough to cause actual trouble.

At that point, he will be removed by party leadership and told to go sit in the corner. The only way to avoid this is if democrats take over, and he then loses his committee chairmanship by default.

So you goldbugs and 2012 enthusiasts should cherish these moments while you can. The rest of us can only cringe and hope this nutbag doesn't break anything as he blunders through the economy.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew5012
Ok i have a question... Why havent the markets gone haywire? This news is massive no?

Because none of this is news to anyone who cares enough to learn about our monetary system.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow, a bunch of conspiracy theorists believing that the Federal Reserve has no gold. May I remind you that these are the very same people that put this country in the economic situation it is in now? You guys are a little hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikemp44
HI everyone,

Just wanted to throw this out there but the FED does not need Gold for collateral to value the US dollar, it has the US population! ... but in short the FED owns you.... Basically the FED uses us, the people, as collateral for our future production and intrinsic value over our lifespan.

So now do you see why gold doesn't matter to the institution anymore, who needs gold when you own people?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner Bob.. Tell him what he's won!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

The Fed holds gold certificates for the gold the treasury supposedly has which means they own the alleged gold. So yes this is significant. Also the fed is a quasi government agency given complete power over the monetary system by the US congress.
edit on 8-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

you are 100% flat out wrong

the fed does not own the u.s. gold

you're just wrong

the fed owns the u.s. gold about as much as the fed owns the u.s. national parks system

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew5012

Originally posted by Matthew5012

--------

because the answer is 'no' . . . this is not massive news

this a non-news event

the Fed Res has gold on-site at NY, quite a bit of gold from a number of different nations. It does not 'own' that gold, but serves as a gold repository.

the 'u.s. gold' is in fort knox . . . allegedly.

edit on 8-6-2011 by SecretGoldfish because: left out quote

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join