It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Admits: We Have No Gold

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
Gold is kind of like money in that it's great to have, can be used to get things (whether of want or need matters not), and it's worth almost nothing to a person who can't eat it when food is no where to be found..

I'd rather a pocket full of gold when the economy crashes than a handful of cash. Gold will always hold a basic value in comparison to paper. When TSHTF that pay-packet paper holds no value, doesn't even make good toilet paper. No one wants it but they'll chase you down for gold buddy.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

True, and I doubt the US holds *much* Gold of it's own, but we DO hold most of the Worlds gold. So if push comes to shove, and there was an emergency in which Gold would actually be required of us.. through military strength alone, we could assume ownership of all Gold stocks in the US. The US did this after the creation of the Federal Reserve. So it's not impossible. Then again .... under Nixon debts were exchanged in Gold (and this was when the USA most likely depleted it's stores.. then through debt in the 1980's we never replenished those stocks)

Nearly ever major owner of Gold outside of World Powers (Western nations, Russia, China) keep their Gold in the USA. For instance, after the WTC collapsed, one of the largest rescue opperations wasn't for bodies or wounded, but the vaults which contained a massive store of Gold (mostly owned by Middle Eastern countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE etc)

What I'm trying to say is.. wee have no Gold. But people store (for now) their Gold with us. But to actually get the Gold it's a matter of who can make us? Assuming a catastrophic economic collapse of global proportions.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Our politicians are the ones who are helping various economic interests rob America blind. I seriously doubt they would use our military to prevent them removing their booty from our shores.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

True.. true.. I think what I'm trying to say is that in the event of a catastrophic economic incident that would require Gold to be tendered for the welfare of the State, that either politicians would step up and defend their homeland, or the military would in the interest of national security perform a coup.

Or at the very least after the onset of such a crisis the American people would be in such a blood-craze that we would mobilize for war. In order for our lack of Gold to be an actual issue the World would have to be in complete chaos.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I would like to think so. What Im a little worried about is that when our economy collapses, our military might will be what they (our creditors) seize for collateral.

We are being well and truly plundered, it would really surprise me if they left an asset, and as dangerous an asset as our military might, behind. I suspect by the time the bulk of Americans really realize we are truly being raped, more than just gold will have pulled a disappearing act.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
so who has all the gold ???
where's it gone ???

I foresee a new Blackbeard
treasure hunt coming on matey !!!

Not Norway at least.. Afaik we have sold off/gotten rid of most of our gold as well for unknown reasons..
I guess China or something got it at all

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Somewhere in the child buried deep inside of me that I left behind sooo many years ago, the child is saying
"Say it ain't so Joe"!
But we know it is, they were batting for the other team.
Let the beheadings commence.
I hope you folks have prepped some.
Interesting times for sure.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
reply to post by hawkiye

so what are we hiding at Fort Knox?

Why A "secret" of course.... Proof the American economy is much ado about "bravado; bluff and fluff"..The biggest most powerful nation crushing secret in the world.

edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

hurry quick, find 231,000 Tungstein bars
and 52,000 cans of Gold spray paint
from wally world and we can fake it
for another 100 yrs.

Maybe if Banksy, the Graffitti Artist, spray paints them they'll be worth more. (sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
yes, why to keep hiding those things. Independence = secrecy, and people don´t believe anymore in this. Things are changing faster and institutions like FED seems like a dinosaur.... simply and plain obsoleted at its finest.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

so who has all the gold ???
where's it gone ???

I foresee a new Blackbeard
treasure hunt coming on matey !!!

Not Norway at least.. Afaik we have sold off/gotten rid of most of our gold as well for unknown reasons..
I guess China or something got it at all

Honestly, if no-one knows where it has all gone, then THIS surely has to be considered, even if unlikely.

edit on 7-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Is this really news? .. I'm not being sarcastic but I thought this was general knowledge.. the federal reserve doesn't have gold, the treasury has the gold .. is this really a surprise to anyone? that's how I always thought it was.. doesn't seem like it was a secret.. so what's the alarmist mood about?

Not only that but they said it's been like that since 1934, people have said if this is true it could be the beginning of the end.. really? it's been like that since 1934 and now it's the end?

Color me confused but I don't get the hysteria ..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Im surprised to hear you say that since you support them imposing all sorts of security measures.

Im glad though. We need people to wake up and take notice that these guys arent doing whats good for the American people. There is another agenda being played out here, and its not good for America as a sovereign nation, or the people of America.

They are getting ready to seize our nation from us, and unfortunately, too many Americans are supporting them in that.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is why I can’t stand Ron Paul. Instead of forcing the culprits to speak and defend themselves, good Ol Ron Paul runs his mouth on and on and on like he is at some campaign rally. Rest assured the Fed culprits laughed about the whole episode at a steak lunch because they basically had to say NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReturnisNear

You cant stand him?

Who else is bringing up issues like this at all? Who in Washington is doing anything other than handing the people who want to dismantle our Constitution and who are gutting our nation economically the keys to the castle?

He may not be the best interrogator, and I will give you that, but at least he has TRIED to make his fellow politicians and the American people aware of some of the crap going on.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

this isn't breaking news. its common sense

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
People seem to be up in arms because THE FEDERAL RESERVE doesn't have gold ...

1. The gold was handed to the department of the treasury in the 1930s
2. The department of treasury has been in charge of gold reserves since 1937
3. Fort knox is a branch of ... the department of treasury, not the federal reserve ..
4. The federal reserve != the department of treasury

So I ask AGAIN ...

How is this news that the federal reserve has no gold? it's known that they don't .. it's not their job..

What is the big deal? This post is about the fed saying they don't have gold.. which they shouldn't .. now, ask the treasury because it's their job to have it..
edit on 7-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well since the federal reserve believes that gold certificates have no value, they should just give them all to me and i'll cash them in

i'll take take $45 bucks a share

edit on 7-6-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You guys realize that Fort Knox is not the Federal Reserve, right?

The Federal Reserve is a private entity and whether or not they own gold has nothing to do with whether or not the US (Treasury) owns physical gold.

Kinda silly to ask "If the Federal Reserve does not have any gold then what do we have at Fort Knox?".

The US TREASURY controls the "gold" at Fort Knox. Entirely different things.

I am disappointed in the members here who don't understand this distinction.

This is not news.

(I see miniatus beat me to it.)
edit on 7-6-2011 by TattarrattaT because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
almost exactly what I just said.. people don't seem to get that the federal reserve isn't the treasury and that fort knox is part of the treasury department, not the fed.. the fed SHOULDN'T have our gold ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join