It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made these tracks on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Considering that it stops at the edges of that one image (the large image is a mosaic of many images), I'm wondering if it could be an image artifact on that one particular image.

Bing, bing, bing!

If they were tracks, it'd be odd that they don't follow the contours of the topography, don't you think?

I too think we'll eventually find evidence of past life on Mars, and even current life in one form or another. However, I don't think it will be of a variety that builds pyramids, etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I cannot find that exact photo (or maybe I did but I didn't recognised it), but this is the closest (both in location and looks) that I could find.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3581d7dcd567.gif[/atsimg]

Many Viking orbiter photos have those lines on the sides (or top and bottom, I think that's the original position).

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
Evening leading scientists don't believe Mars is dead. If you going to be a dick, at least provide facts.
Can you provide a source on mars not being dead?
Last I checked it had a solid core that did not rotate, no magnetic field, no plant life, no microorganisms, an atmosphere incredibly hostile to anything alive.

Don't really wanna spend the time to upload all of the pics, but you could look HERE!!

The site is full of examples, all from official sources and he even provides links.

Just remember, when we were in school anyone who knew anything knew that there wasn't even the slightest most remote possibility of water existing on the moon...yet there it is.
edit on 6/7/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You will notice if you put a ruler along the upper tracks lower edge, that the upper track gets wider and narrower. I just dont know of any tires that get wider or narrower.

On the lower track, rather than crumbling the rim of the crater it just keeps going in mid air in the shadows.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
A...mars rover maybe...?
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but there is NO life on Mars.
NO LIFE WHATSOEVER.
No Humans are on mars, no Aliens are on Mars.
It is the dead planet. These are not tracks from ancient civilizations, these are not tracks from modern civilizations.
It's as simple as that. There is no conspiracy to be had here, Mars is just dead.
edit on 7/6/11 by SpongeBeard because: Needed to crrect!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are plenty of scientists who believe there might be life there today.
It has plenty of water under surface and there might even be liquid water hidden somewhere under the surface.
In the past it also had oceans covering large part of surface as well as temperatures much more like our own planet.
I doubt the tracks are from aliens or ancient civilisations, but there is still quite a big possibility that it had life or might even have simple lifeforms today like bacteria's and such.

And what is the point in wasting millions on prober like coming mars science lab if scientist were convinced it is and always was a dead planet?
edit on 7-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't think mars is dead, also we could be terrorforming mars soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Those are imaging glitches well explained in many threads here.

You seriously think you will discover something from Google? ha ha ha ha.

Really now.

<< 1  2   >>

join