It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made these tracks on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was looking at Google Mars because of another thread here on ATS when I decided to spin it. After about 5 minutes of watching it spin, I clicked it to a stop and zoomed in. Right next to the Great Pyramid(comparatively speaking) I found tracks. Normally this would not be anything strange because we have rovers on the surface, but these are quite strange because of their size. I noticed that they begin at the edge of the photo and end at the edge of the photo but do not run the edge they are parallel to. These tracks run parallel to each other at 4.98 kilometers wide and 170 kilometers long. As far as I know we do not have anything that wide on Earth much less sent to Mars. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they may be or what made them?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A...mars rover maybe...?
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but there is NO life on Mars.
NO LIFE WHATSOEVER.
No Humans are on mars, no Aliens are on Mars.
It is the dead planet. These are not tracks from ancient civilizations, these are not tracks from modern civilizations.
It's as simple as that. There is no conspiracy to be had here, Mars is just dead.
edit on 7/6/11 by SpongeBeard because: Needed to crrect!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good catch S&F for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
A...mars rover maybe...?

Didn't know we made miles wide rovers. Strange.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
A...mars rover maybe...?

Didn't know we made miles wide rovers. Strange.

Sand dunes

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Could it be the Rover turned around.

Took the same path back?

Anyways, That's what NASA would probably say.

Good Find...S&F

link   
Considering that it stops at the edges of that one image (the large image is a mosaic of many images), I'm wondering if it could be an image artifact on that one particular image.

link   
Looks like am image problem they end where the two images are cropped together on the left.

xxx

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Am I right in thinking I can see where these tracks start or end?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

Evening leading scientists don't believe Mars is dead. If you going to be a dick, at least provide facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Looks like am image problem they end where the two images are cropped together on the left.

xxx

The image cropped on the left looks to be of much lower quality, or taken at different times of the day.
If I were a lesser man I'd say somebody cropped in a low quality image to hide the tracks!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

It ends exactly where the new image starts, which tells you it was either gone before the second image was taken or that it is an image error.

It being so large, makes it very unlikely to actually be tracks from anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceto

Evening leading scientists don't believe Mars is dead. If you going to be a dick, at least provide facts.

Can you provide a source on mars not being dead?
Last I checked it had a solid core that did not rotate, no magnetic field, no plant life, no microorganisms, an atmosphere incredibly hostile to anything alive.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are they actually there or is it just on google mars ?
You need to get the coordinates and see if you can find ESA or NASA pictures from the same location , if the "tracks" are on those pictures .

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I don't think it looks anything like an image artifact.. it ends where the images are combined but all that means is that the images were taken at different times .. one before the tracks were laid, one after..

It could very well be one of the mars rovers... that would be a very plausible explanation, if the over went one way and then returned along a parallel path it would cause this.

I'm pretty sure it's not a left over martian from a once vast society or we'd probably be seeing a lot more tracks like that scattered around the planet.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hmm the more threads I see like this the more Im inclined to say there is some kind of life up there.

We could have gone up there and covered it up..Hitler had high exspectations with that sort of stuff, so any one with the power, money, and tech could do it.

Although its unlikely.

That leaves ETs!!

lol..Im always scared to get called a nut about this stuff, but hey Im on ATS..you should all have open minds..unlike the first guy to reply, with NO evidence to back up his case..tutut..

But seriously, Pictures of buildings/structures, tracks and various UFO phenomena....

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...chances are its a duck!!!

IMO

edit on 7-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No where in my post did I bring up life on Mars. I'm not stating that this is proof of anything. I simply would like to know why they are there. As they are parallel to each other and straight I don't think they are rover tracks because the rover would have to have gone back and forth many many times to be seen at 80 kilometers up and then repeat 5 kilometers at the exact same angle. Rover tracks could be seen from maybe 30 meters from the surface but at 80 kilometers would be negligible thus my question.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Are they actually there or is it just on google mars ?
You need to get the coordinates and see if you can find ESA or NASA pictures from the same location , if the "tracks" are on those pictures .

Wouldn't be conclusive unless the tracks are there... if they aren't, it could just mean the nasa images weren't taken at the same time.. ( not likely, they'd likely be newer ) .. but if they are newer then they could be covered up by now as well since there is wind on the planet

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Your statements about Mars being dead, alive, hot or cold or made of cheese is by assumption only. You, personally, have not been there and there is compelling proof that NASA lies about its data, like the color alterations of the images that have come from the planet, masking the fact that Mars' sky is blue, not red. Therefore the subject remains that they may be lying about other facts about our neighboring planet.

OP has brought an interesting image for us to discuss and dissect. If you have some helpful information or insight to help in the discussion other than to casually dismiss it, then bring it to the thread. Otherwise you appear to just be trying to pad your post count.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's all caused by COSMIC RAYS... just ask NASA.

Don't worry, a clean up crew will be on that one fast. Try to find it again in a few days.

F&S for your efforts.
edit on 6/7/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join