It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flooding causes alert to be issued at Omaha nuclear plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
holy cow ATS...you really need to be checking out that article i posted last night.....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
theenergycollective.com...

this article, just out today, states that they are in cold shutdown since April because of predicted flood waters, but if you checked the link posted last night, you'll see that Federal Regulators actually had some major concerns about the plant regarding flooding back in March of this year. Makes me wonder if they weren't forced to shut down. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
is there anybody alive in here, or is this too real for every1??

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

radio show with Arnie Gunderson this morning....full of good info

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i think they are less on tress.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a lots of big buildings and high technologies, but less on tress and plants
why didn't they just create a gundam? wee?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i know i know, gunderson isn't exactly the smartest person on earth, but you cant pass up info. Learn and discern my friends. info is what it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi chickensalad.

I just want to thank you for manning the post.

If you don't mind I have a little rant if I may do so in your thread?

What kind of idiot would design a nuclear power plant (to
water) that is not backed-up with a solar powered back-up designed to run things during power outages which aren't that rare and only last say a week at a time? Oh yes, the same idiot who says nuclear power is safe> and better than solar could ever dream of being. Their back-up generator better be off the freaking ground.

Otherwise, who knows how many decades whatever culprits have done to bring about these PREVENTABLE "incidents" that later become "accidents" that later become catastrophes?

Your username if you don't mind me saying so is quite delicious on wheat with pepper and shredded cheese. MMM.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

This is not the only news at the plant! The alert was issued because power was lost to two pumps which control cooling of the spent fuel pool, back-up did not come online and cooling was lost for 2-3hrs. Same scenario as Fukushima dai ichi. Might want to call your son and try to get the full story.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
everyone is taking this story completely and way out of proportion

I have buddies that work there and everything is offline due to an outage. In other words, they are doing upgrades on equipment, piping, inspections, etc and because of that, the whole plant is in shutdown mode.

If the water goes over 5 more feet, its really no big deal, cause everything there is already "Off"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.wowt.com...

Now Fort Cooper is under an Unusual Events Alert as well...Makes 2 now

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yes, it is still a big deal, if the flood waters engulf the plant, the spent and unspent fuel rods will be submerged and and that *snip* is going into our soils and the underground aquifer. This area and its aquifer supply a pretty good sized portion of the country.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Actually, when Fukishima first happened, me and the wife looked up a map of all the nuclear stations in the US. And were shocked to see the ones in our state and their idiotic locations. Really, we live in tornado alley and have floods quite frequent. Her and I both commented months back about how it was only a matter of time before something happened bad enough to cause our stations problems before any others in the country.

So, needless to say, we weren't exactly shocked when we heard about this, but we were intrigued. Anywho, now Fort Cooper is in the same situation.

And in April, Fed. Reg. were worried about the plants safety protocols regarding flooding. Links in the thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chunghwa

All that info has been added to my thread. Didn't want to start others on the same subject like other people are doing. I was the first to bring the story and keep my thread updated on current news. Read the thread and not just the OP, please.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Nebraska Nuke Plant Owners Tell Management To Buy Anything They Need To Ward Off Rising Floodwaters

Funny considering that its not even up and running right now. Does make you think about the Feds concerns earlier in the year though.

Do the managers realize that the plant will not be able to uphold with current conditions??

flyingcuttlefish.wordpress.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by Chickensalad because: link

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here's a guy who runs up to the plant and films the area. It does appear to be surrounded by water and apparently the waters are still rising. He says he's getting out of town. Someone could maybe make a whole thread around the video, but I thought I would post it here. He finally starts coming up on the plant at about 4:45 into the film.

CLOSE UP OF NEBRASKA NUKE PLANT
edit on 22-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

thanks man. But im ending my postings on the two threads i have on the subject. I have to start making preparations. The spent fuel pool is now under water and I gotta be on my toes now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join