It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its official, absolute proof!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
I hope the title didn't put people off reading the thread

And yet... That is likely why this thread is hovering near the top of popular threads!

The reality is that headlines are how we decide what to read-- even when we know it is going to result in frustration due to the false claims-- that is how many OP's generate traffic and comments.

I hesitate to admit what sort of title will most attract my attention, but something along the lines of a new report being released, with link to an off-site and respectable source; but there are precious few of those.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

please don't mistake "offficial" for "truth" thans nearly as bad as mistaking "illegal" for "immoral"

reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I chose that heading I chose it because those to phrases were what I wished to draw attention to and since this thread is in the board buisness thread and other people have copmplained about similar issues in below top secret I presumed it would be self evident to members of this site what this thread would be about.

As for me Trolling, this is the first time I've been accused of it
feels kinda good, do I get a special badge? would someone mind calling me a disinfo agent to? I feel like I'm on a roll

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
These MUST READ! ABSOLUTE PROOF! threads almost always have a solicitation for flags and stars in the OP.

Please flag and star this so it gets the maximum exposure!! or somesuch nonsense.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
while it may not relate directly to the title of this thread, here's a great example of basically the exact same thread getting taking two different directions...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SAME content... but one with a more sensational headline, one has 5 flags and 1 page, one has261 flags and 28 pages.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

This exact topic is already being discussed in a current thread here:

Its time to put an end to the word proof in titles, unless you actually have proof

IRM

edit on 9/6/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Do you have proof that this thread of absolute proof is being discussed in another absolute proof forum.Please provide proof because all extraordinary claims of multiple proof threads require proof and more proof.Hope this clears things up.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe the answer is to have an interactive button for all readers/posters that match certain contributor or member time and post count levels to be able to vote on the "proof" or "proven" accuracy of evidence presented in a thread. After which an official "[PROVEN]" title can be appended to it and only editable by ATS staff and owners.

Much like a jury...then you can weed out all the titles you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join