It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford climate scientists forecast permanently hotter summers beginning in 20 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Stamford Uni work hand in glove with TPTB, imo. They do a lost of research on HAARP.

It seems enough for someone to be a 'scientist' and linked to a prestigious university for many people to take it as gospel.

Who funds the research, I wonder.

I've never seen them admit to the effect on climate of more than two thousands nuclear tests, nor have I seen them admit what effect on climet constantly heating the ionosphere with billions of watts of electricity has.

This is just another scam to extort more money from the people until we lve in total poverty, at which time they will have total control over us.

edit on 7-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Im going to ask, because I know you to be pretty smart. Why is everyone so concerned that climate change is just a scam?

I hear you say its just to bilk us for more money, but how? We are paying trillions of dollars for wars that make banks, defense contractors, and oil and mineral companies rich, and thats just a fact. Why not focus on that? We give billions in subsides for energy development to OIL companies, who are already making billions of dollars, and how is that not a scam to bleed us of our money?

I just dont see how people think the "climate change" scam is a scam, first of all. (I am noticing on my own, differences in the climate and so are the plants where I live) and who is making all the money off it? People are going to buy cars, does it matter if they are electric or gas? Someone is going to get that money.

I also just dont see why the "climate change is a scam to bilk us out of money" folks dont see that the people funding those arguments just dont want costs added to their production. They dont want to filter their wastes, they want to directly dump it. They dont want to clean up after themselves, they want to form a daughter corporation and bid for superfund dollars from the people to clean up their own parent companies mess. (Yes, they really do this, I worked for a DOE contractor)

You can find profit motives on BOTH sides of the argument, so why do you favor the "let us do whatever we want" side, rather than the, "lets do our best to keep the world clean and habitable for people" side?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
And then a few decades after that they will forecast cooler summers... it's because of the natural global warming/cooling cycles that occur, and have been occuring long before man ever walked upright. The Earth's slight orbital change, as well as the Earth's axis change that occurs over tens of thousands of years is the reason for it, not the V8 in my truck.

See this is the common misconception...

Of course natural climate change takes place.

But we ALSO have an effect due to what we do to the environment.

The controversy lies in the fact that a lot of this man made pollution isn't actually from the energy in our homes or our cars, but in fact from the corporations blaming us solely as consumers for it.

I call BS! Look at the stats for volcanos - something NATURAL - they spew MORE Co2 and other chems in one blast than man has EVER put into the atmosphere. The green weenie agenda lives...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Thats more informative. Im familiar with the "sun cycle" theory of global warming, and so if you had said you were so certain the warming period would only last a few decades because of solar cycles, I would have understood where you are coming from.

And SOME of you, directly above, contradict yourselves directly. Global warming is not both a myth and a natural cycle. If you want to say, "human caused global warming is a myth" than say that. Climate change itself NOT a myth. What is causing it, how long it will last, how it will affect us, whether or not there is anything we can do to mitigate it, that is what is up for discussion, not the fact that our climate is changing.

And oddly enough, in both of your posts, you both deny and admit to climate change. Its almost as if you think that if anyone other than you talks about it it means "human caused" but when you talk about it, what it means whatever you believe.

I have flat out said in previous posts I personally dont care who or what is causing it. I want to understand it, for general understanding, but my big concern is, what are we going to do about it? One of the things that supposedly separates humans from chimps is our ability to foresee consequences and events with some degree of accuracy, and then prepare or plan for it.

And there is the problem... you refer to it as a theory, when it is scientific fact. It is a 100% fact that solar cycles effect the Earth's climate, for better or for worse. Why are other planets in our solar system experiencing similar warming trends? The answer is the same for the Earth... solar cycles and solar activity.... unless of course there are aliens driving around in Suburbans and F-150's on Venus. It wouldn't surprise me if there were, considering all of the outsourcing car companies do, but we can have that discussion in a different thread.

I don't contradict myself at all... global warming is real, man made global warming is not. Another thing that separates man from chimps is man's ability to scam everyone into believing some fairy tale about how man is destroying the planet, but if you buy this product it will fix everything... oh you don't want to buy it? Well that's OK, we'll just pass legislation making it mandatory. Man made global warming is the biggest scam ever pulled on mankind, well, maybe the second biggest next to organized religion... hey, there sure are a lot of similarities between religious zealots and the man made global warming proponents. Interesting.
edit on 7-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yup 10 degrees Celcius is boiling hot. Hottest summer yet here in Alberta.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And there is the problem... you refer to it as a theory, when it is scientific fact. It is a 100% fact that solar cycles effect the Earth's climate, for better or for worse.

For someone who seems to have some grounding in science, you seem strangely unfamiliar with scientific terminology.

Calling something a "theory" is not an indication that it is not very well supported. It can be fantastically well supported, (like the theory of evolution) and still be called a "theory." It tends to be the scientifically illiterate who pretend that "theory" status is a slight of some kind.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Read Karl Poppers argument to get an understanding why good scientists dont go around calling things 100% scientific fact on a regular basis. Its because science disproves things. It really cannot prove things, positively. Causes can be eliminated with certainty, but you cannot say something is 100% the cause because there could be "hidden variables." (Causes that actually are causes, but which for whatever reason, we cannot measure, perhaps because of our technology.)

Its a nit picky technical formality, but lets face it, science is nit picky and technical.

Edit to add, and I didnt mean to imply YOU were contradicting yourself. It was directed at the two posters directly above mine whose names I could not remember.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

And there is the problem... you refer to it as a theory, when it is scientific fact. It is a 100% fact that solar cycles effect the Earth's climate, for better or for worse.

For someone who seems to have some grounding in science, you seem strangely unfamiliar with scientific terminology.

Calling something a "theory" is not an indication that it is not very well supported. It can be fantastically well supported, (like the theory of evolution) and still be called a "theory." It tends to be the scientifically illiterate who pretend that "theory" status is a slight of some kind.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Read Karl Poppers argument to get an understanding why good scientists dont go around calling things 100% scientific fact on a regular basis. Its because science disproves things. It really cannot prove things, positively. Causes can be eliminated with certainty, but you cannot say something is 100% the cause because there could be "hidden variables." (Causes that actually are causes, but which for whatever reason, we cannot measure, perhaps because of our technology.)

Its a nit picky technical formality, but lets face it, science is nit picky and technical.

Edit to add, and I didnt mean to imply YOU were contradicting yourself. It was directed at the two posters directly above mine whose names I could not remember.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

I am aware what the word theory implies, but it depends on the context in which it used. To say that solar cycles causing global warming/cooling cycles is a theory is like saying that humans needing oxygen in order to breathe is a theory.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No offense, although it appears the word theory IS causing you offense, but Im going to continue to use the word , and I mean nothing derogatory by it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

No offense, although it appears the word theory IS causing you offense, but Im going to continue to use the word , and I mean nothing derogatory by it.

That's fine... by the way, nothing causes me offense. Getting offended at something someone says or does is a waste of time and energy.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There's not much left to say...BUT I will try...

More CO2 has been spewed by the newly active volcanao in Chile than by all the cars in all the world..and in just a few hours and days. Add the volcanoes in Italy...Iceland...and there is literally millions of tons of gases and pollutants that outweigh anything man is producing.... so let's outlaw volcanoes...maybe a surcharge for each eruption?

Seriously...look back at the "Dust Bowl" era in the 1930s...if we use the current models and apply to then...the USA shoulod be a giant sand box. BUT IT IS'NT.

Cycles...it gets hotter...it gets colder.

Let's get in the "wayback machine." Before there was an ice age...there was a planet covered in massive amounts of tropicasl heat and plants and bugs the size of volkswagons...almost a world wide swamp....so, dinosaurs caused the Ice Age? Or what brought man out of the Ice Age...all those CO2 levels rising from all those camp fires and roasted bronto burgers on Fred and Barney's grill? Maybe Wilma and Betty riding to BedRock to the Mall in their stone age SUVs?

Seriously...cycles. Oddly enough, as man has detected global warming and a rise in temps here on Earth...temps on Mars and the other planets has risen also...Martian SUVs...all those lights needlessly burning to illuminate the face on Mars? Maybe the Nazis in their secret underground lair have been using a little too many fossile fuels.

Nope..it's solar cycles...it gets hotter...it gets colder... don't insult my intelligence by taking away my incandescent light bulbs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join