It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Free Speech: Ex Had Abortion Against His Will

page: 5
5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck
 


Right so whoever a woman is sleeping with should have the right to force her body to endure an extremely violent process (that could kill and in most cases mutilate her body) against her will? Pregnancy isn't sunshine and smiles and no man has the right over what happens to another person's body, husband or not. Her body, her choice.




posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer
 


I believe it's about control and a hatred that a women refuses to bend to their will and give them a child.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Standing out in rather stark contrast, are anti abortion people in general. (There are, of course, exceptions) They care about humans for the first 9 months of their existence as living things, and then, never again.


I care about people up to the point where they demonstrate they don't deserve to be cared about. I am pro life and yet I am also pro capital punishment. I don't view that as a disconnect, however. A fetus/baby/child is an example of an innocent life. They have not made decisions to wreck their own lives nor have they made decisions to wreck others' lives... they are incapible of making such monumental decisions. I advocate doing everything possible to protect children. I advocate doing everything possible to protect everyday people who are good people (Yes, there are quite a few of them still out and about!) I believe that at a certain point, some folks void this protection through their own actions. In my opinion, people who violate the trust of the innocent (ie: Child abusers) are the lowest form of life on the planet and should be erradicated in their entirety.

The second half of our debate (re: equality & the justification of legal abortion) is going nowhere so I'll offer us to just agree to disagree. I think the differences between your ideology and my own are such that neither side is going to sway the other. One of the main problems I have seen in my life in regards to charged arguments over topics such as abortion, 9/11, and global climate change is that you have two very furcated sides arguing points which each side feels very obstinate about. The end result is almost never accomodation, but all too frequently devolves into flat out bickering between the two sides. That's something I don't believe either of us want to see here.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 


i absolutely commend you right there with my fiance' he took my exhusbands unwanted daughter as his own. there ain't enough caring dads.
ya'll earn a gold medal



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal
 


Alright - he's got an order of protection against him?

Yep. He just went from having my grudging "whatever" to a "I hope someone kicks you in the nards."



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I fail to see the problem.

However, I would suggest that if you have strong opinions about abortion that you discuss them BEFORE having sex with someone.


Who said he didn't?



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by tncryptogal
 


Alright - he's got an order of protection against him?

Yep. He just went from having my grudging "whatever" to a "I hope someone kicks you in the nards."


Yeah, protection orders are NEVER pursued as spitefulness (without just cause) by women. Never. (hack, hack)
edit on 7-6-2011 by grizzle2 because: typo



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The woman's friends say she had a miscarriage, not an abortion, according to a report in the Albuquerque Journal.

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...


If the above is true (and it should be provable in court) he may not be protected as having a miscarriage is definitely NOT the same as "killing a child". Defamation is not protected. Otherwise, I think it should be protected as free speech.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.



Wouldn't the doctor be obliged to keep his patients information private?
Wouldn't her doctor-patient privacy rights trump his free speech, if that speech infringes on her privacy? I wonder if a prospective father can get a court order/injunction to stop a woman from getting an abortion? Guess he would have to prove he is the father and there is no way to require a fetal DNA test of a woman as far as I know of but that would be an interesting fight from a legal perspective



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Wow, tough one. She has the right to choose, he has the right to free speech...ugh. I think it's extremely distasteful for him to do this but I'm not sure he's wrong at all. If he had put her picture there it would be a different story. I'm pro-choice but I don't think he is wrong...


Why would that be wrong? Shouldn't she be proud? I wish the pro-abortionists would make up their minds. If abortion is right, then what's the harm in advertising that someone had one? They make it sound like something bad, like he exposed her scat fetish.

edit: An analogy would be the idea that if cigarettes are harmless, why aren't the tobacco companies lobbying to make it legal to sell them to children? Because they are harmful.
edit on 7-6-2011 by grizzle2 because: See above



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010Right so whoever a woman is sleeping with should have the right to force her body to endure an extremely violent process (that could kill and in most cases mutilate her body) against her will? Pregnancy isn't sunshine and smiles and no man has the right over what happens to another person's body, husband or not. Her body, her choice.


Nobody's forcing anything. She has a right to use birth control. Women that don't, or that have sex with men who refuse to use birth control, and then abort babies are like deadbeat dads, except deadbeat dads don't actually kill the child.
The whole abortion industry and movement has it's oigins not in any concern about women's rights, but in dehumanization. Those in power have cleverly convinced the females in this age that the most vulnerable life is something to be cut and burned to death, in order to preserve their "right" to have casual, unprotected sex any time.
Thus paving the way for new gulags. It's right out of Brave New World. It's a big part of how we got from a time when police did their jobs to a time when police will take the word of a scumbag in order to raid an innocent family's house because the cop knows he can get a share of the loot. It's materialist nihilism. And it's going to end badly, in the biggest way.



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010
reply to post by Rockpuck
 


Right so whoever a woman is sleeping with should have the right to force her body to endure an extremely violent process (that could kill and in most cases mutilate her body) against her will? Pregnancy isn't sunshine and smiles and no man has the right over what happens to another person's body, husband or not. Her body, her choice.


Not that I am in favor of abortion, I mean who can possibly say they are but people who have never had children seem to think this is some sort of obligation on the part of the woman to follow through with what amounts to be a life threatening experience. Like you say, it isn't as easy as it looks. Yet, I can sympathize with this guy. That must suck to have no say whatever in a baby you wanted and made. He should have some rights I think but, not sure what they are.
I've always admired Christy Turlington, sexy and classy at the same time. Just saw her recently speaking on one of the talk shows about maternal mortality being an actual world health crisis I was unaware of. Don't mean to sound crude but I didn't think it took any special skill to give birth. Now I know the abortion numbers must be staggering and any number is too high. But I was floored fact I lost a bet with my mom to learn the USA ranks 50th in maternal mortality in the world! With our great health care system you would think this number would be lower. So no matter where you stand - it's a complicated issue.

Worldwide, one woman dies every 90 seconds from pregnancy and childbirth complications; 90% of those deaths are preventable. And perhaps shockingly, women in the U.S. are far from immune to this epidemic (we rank 50th worldwide for maternal mortality according to the latest UN report), despite our skyrocketing spending on healthcare. www.everymothercounts.org...



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420
 


a percentage of the people who see that billboard 1ST HAND will know who he is - and by decuction the identity of his ex



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Wouldn't the doctor be obliged to keep his patients information private?


I could be wrong, but I think in a court of law, they could subpoena the records for the basic information. Besides, it's been posted that there may be more to this than meets the eye.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



Wouldn't her doctor-patient privacy rights trump his free speech, if that speech infringes on her privacy?


This isn't really about free speech. The government isn't trying to shut him up. His ex-girlfriend is. So, the First Amendment right of Free Speech does not apply. What it is is harassment. The man is harassing the woman and she is suing him for it.



I wonder if a prospective father can get a court order/injunction to stop a woman from getting an abortion?


No. Abortion is legal and is the woman's choice. Legally. He can't stop her.


Originally posted by grizzle2
I wish the pro-abortionists would make up their minds. If abortion is right, then what's the harm in advertising that someone had one?


It's not that abortion is right or wrong. It's a PRIVATE medical condition. CHOICE is right. There's nothing wrong with advertizing choice.
Unless you're against it, that is...


Originally posted by ignorant_ape
a percentage of the people who see that billboard 1ST HAND will know who he is - and by decuction the identity of his ex


Especially since her name was on the billboard.


www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes
 


Federally supplied birth control would be better I think.

Why not minimize the number of abortions before they become abortions. Works for everybody I think.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by Kali74
Wow, tough one. She has the right to choose, he has the right to free speech...ugh. I think it's extremely distasteful for him to do this but I'm not sure he's wrong at all. If he had put her picture there it would be a different story. I'm pro-choice but I don't think he is wrong...


Why would that be wrong? Shouldn't she be proud? I wish the pro-abortionists would make up their minds. If abortion is right, then what's the harm in advertising that someone had one? They make it sound like something bad, like he exposed her scat fetish.

edit: An analogy would be the idea that if cigarettes are harmless, why aren't the tobacco companies lobbying to make it legal to sell them to children? Because they are harmful.
edit on 7-6-2011 by grizzle2 because: See above


Really? Being an advocate of choice does not equate to being an advocate of abortion. No one is running around yelling "Pregant? Go have an abortion!" It is a private matter, and deeply emotional.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak
 


I don't see anything wrong with the billboard at all. I happen to be pro-choice myself, but as you can see from this thread I started...

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

...I am totally against the hypocrisy in reproductive rights between men and women.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


First of all men can't even have an abortion, second it's not the males body to decide what happens with it, so not sure where you're going with this...



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


Read the article linked in the OP there. I totally agree with the author of the original article and commented extensively about it in that thread.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


First I want to say that fathers need to have a say in the abortion issue.

Secondly, I believe that most abortions are performed because women have gotten involved with men that don't want to share responsibility, leaving women the sole caretaker. I've never seen a happy, well adjusted couple in the clinic asking for an abortion. It might happen, but I bet it's rare.

So your saying, even though he admitted he wasn't sure if it was really an abortion or a miscarriage, that it's still okay to put up the board, including the first one that included her name?

Fathers should have a say in the matter, but it's not even been confirmed she had an abortion. If he wanted to fight for father's rights, he could have done it in a much more tasteful and much less spiteful manner. The first board had to be removed because it included the woman's name. There was a better way to go about this whole thing. I think he's doing it just out of spite, especially because he admitted he wasn't sure what happened with the ex-girlfriend's pregnancy.

It really ticks me off when this is an issue because birth control is so easily available to both sexes. I wish people of both sexes would learn to be responsible or keep it in their darn pants.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by Kali74
 


Read the article linked in the OP there. I totally agree with the author of the original article and commented extensively about it in that thread.


I read it, why are you bringing that ridiculous attempt at justifying violence against women to this thread?



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join