It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men should be allowed sex slaves and female prisoners could do the job - and all this from a WOMAN p

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think as a society - - we are conditioned to accept/believe someone who is religious is moral.

I think as a society - - we are conditioned to believe Atheists are bad and negative people.

Neither of those conditioning's is factually true.

I think a lot of religious people do things because of a reward at the end. I personally do not find that moral.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Is fear of your gods wrath the only reason you maintain civility? if you found out your god did not exist tomorrow would you loose all control of yourself and start assualting people in the streets? I think not. If it is the only thing keeping people in line then maybe the problem is not the Athiests after all, is it.

The reason many hold back from murder,is because it is against the law,and they don't want to spend time in jail....and likewise with some religious..they hold back from emotional retaliation , because of what their religions teach them about forgiveness.

I am not saying...that all atheists have no moral compass...but there are some that don't..and you must agree with me on that?? Cause if you're trying to tell me all atheists are of moral sound judgement...well..I'm not blind..and I know better.

So like the laws can prevent some from doing what they emotionally want to at times, so does religion.

Well it is a good thing we have those laws in place so if people do start abandoning their religions something will keep them in check.

I for one am an athiest but believe this gives me a higher moral compass than most, and especially more so than most Christians. I chose to be a good person and treat others with respect because that is what i feel is right and it is the way i would like to be treated. If you only treat someone with respect because you think its what your "God" wants you to do then how can you crap on people that treat people the oposite if their god or gods tell them it is the way?

It is a scary thing being an athiest sometimes. I have to sit back and watch people of power, my bosses my representatives, my country, make decisions based on a religion that i feel in my heart is pure fiction. but when it boils down to it, it seems they dont care about living the teachings of the religion as much as they do saying they belong to the club.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It is a scary thing being an athiest sometimes. I have to sit back and watch people of power, my bosses my representatives, my country, make decisions based on a religion that i feel in my heart is pure fiction. but when it boils down to it, it seems they dont care about living the teachings of the religion as much as they do saying they belong to the club.

Probably a lot of us can relate to your sentiments. It's the same around the world, those who hold some position need to belong to the "club" that works for that position. And yeah, I suspect many of them probably could care less about what they're "supposed" to believe.

On topic, this could play into the OP's assertions about Sharia. "If" enough Muslims really thought Sharia was the way to go, obviously their leaders would have to pay some lip-service at least, regardless of how they felt. Down the line, that could cause consequences, especially in nations like France, that have such a fast growing Muslim population.

Well, good to see someone talking about something other than avatars!

JR

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I think as a society - - we are conditioned to accept/believe someone who is religious is moral.

I think as a society - - we are conditioned to believe Atheists are bad and negative people.

Neither of those conditioning's is factually true.

I think a lot of religious people do things because of a reward at the end. I personally do not find that moral.

I think you are mistaken ...I don't believe atheists are negative as a whole, anymore than agnostics...but they sure tend to step all over the religious ,and put them all in the same basket. Why don't you treat them as how you want them to treat you? Do you want them to judge you all by the immoral things some of you do? And if you have done immoral things,yet don't believe in God,don't you want to be given a second chance, if you decide to change some of your behaviors?

I also think many atheists do things for reward..it might not be from a God..but it is definitely reward from other people. You are not above the rest..just because you are atheist..please remember that...and remember that sadists , and many really nasty bad criminals don't give a hoot about God as well....even if they pretend to be religious....which many of them don't.

As far as believing all religious are moral?..not a chance..you haven't read my posts on pedophilia in the churches....I think as a child I might have been,but as an adult you have to see the facts at some point. I think there maybe conditioning in this generation to teach children to hate religion..and that is a conditioning as well.
edit on 7-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I for one am an athiest but believe this gives me a higher moral compass than most, and especially more so than most Christians. I chose to be a good person and treat others with respect because that is what i feel is right and it is the way i would like to be treated. If you only treat someone with respect because you think its what your "God" wants you to do then how can you crap on people that treat people the oposite if their god or gods tell them it is the way?

You kid yourself if you think you treat people with respect , because you have been slamming religious for your last 5 posts..??? You make think you are a good person..but maybe others see you as twisted??..who knows..I don't know you...but I hear that way too much on here..I'm so much better bleh bleh....well..news flash!!! You can be just as disrespectful , and judgmental as the religious..and whoever else is out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know, we have a pretty mixed family. Both athiests and spiritulists can pass the test here, for its about the spirit of peace, love and kindness in an ever refining way.

Christians have as their role model the one who as has found and the way of unconditional love. Buddists the way of seeking in perfection. There are many models. I recognize Yeshua.

Those with spiritual beliefs have a lot of programming to get over, for there are light and dark squares in all and you have to choose which element you see (God a King on a Throne. Jesus saying he and his Father were one and the same on bended knee washing the feet of his disciples). When they're truly waking up, they're not just doing it for reward, or they havn't woken up, they are doing it because they feel its the right thing to do, and because we need unconditional love and forgiveness, but our Souls are hard on us, they kick in the pants at times, but constantly nudge us to consider what we're becoming.

Whereas, athiests, like my dad, are taught this is all there is, so they're being sold a package where it would be OK to ruthlessly ignore others to survive My father isn't like that but still wants to get as much as he can of good stuff in,before he dies thinking this is all there is, but he also often forgoes it anyway and spends time just helping others, and family nonstop out of his constant state of trying to solve problems and help, so in reality, he is being Good for the sake of being good.

And we all need that as well.

But this world doesnt need a reset button, it needs people waking up and finding the Spirit of Peace, Love, Unity, and Goodness and standing up for both Freedom AND Social Commitment.

Sharia is something we need to overcome along with alot of fundamental and backwards, repressive ideas, not just this one.

Not just blast it out of the water with comets.

Humans are thoughts alright, they're intellect/soul in progression.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What a lot of religious people fail to comprehend is the history behind their cult.
Religion as a concept, specifically those of Abrahamic background are only designed to thrive within a theocracy. Religiouspeople would generally advocate this if it were possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You kid yourself if you think you treat people with respect , because you have been slamming religious for your last 5 posts..??? You make think you are a good person..but maybe others see you as twisted??..who knows..I don't know you...but I hear that way too much on here..I'm so much better bleh bleh....well..news flash!!! You can be just as disrespectful , and judgmental as the religious..and whoever else is out there.

I do not think i am slamming any religous people. i went back over my posts and asside from me saying i think my moral compass is higher than most christians, i cannot see your argument.

I honestly do feel this way though. I do not give to charity because i am trying to gain points with a god i do it because it makes me feel like i am helping people, and i am not holding myself back from assaulting people because of some law tells me i should, i just dont think it would very nice. I conduct myself the way that I see fit because that is the way i feel is right and the way I want to be treated.

Sure both gods and laws tell me not to steel, but i dont steel because i know it is wrong and i dont want people to steel from me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
getting back to the OP , I find it sad that such laws are being passed in other countries...Though I will firmly admit that everyone becoming atheist will not rid the world of problems like these.

Love is the key....which would include not feeding your sexual desire at the expense of those who wish not to consent to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

It doesnt matter. Whether Yeshua is metaphor or real, what he defines are exactly the white light sqares in this holographic universe school, coded in opposition so we have to swim upstream against the current to progress and refine our Love and Goodness to the higher frequency. Like being in a radio station with infintie frequencies and we're here in the lower level tiny box, ruled over by those in a very tiny box too, just a little bigger than ours, but they want to be big fish in this tiny frequency box so they make it really hard for us to progress.

Murder is a very dense frequency, black hole type. Rape, sex slaves, abuse of children, anger, discord, violence, greed, apathy, the list goes on and on. Addictions, abuse. These are lower frequency things. Abuse of nature. Our bodies are like computers coded to pick up the very small frequency range we are alligned with, in a school, where we have choices still between the light and dark squares, but infinite tries to eventually get it right, though, there are consequences.

Through personal experiences my spirituality is more Quantum Physics.

Materialism is a very small box to be in.

Sharia is a trap for those stuck in it, for all the retaliation and forcing it does, along with mistreating certain members due to sex and age, including race and religion, these are very low frequency things.

There are elements in all religions like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you for a beautiful post..I will try to align my energies with more positive love..and hope that Sharia..can do the same

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I think you are mistaken ...I don't believe atheists are negative as a whole, anymore than agnostics...but they sure tend to step all over the religious ,and put them all in the same basket.

This clearly shows your position on Atheists - - and yes I do believe you are conditioned in how you perceive Atheists.

Let's reverse it: ". . . religious tend to step all over the Atheists, and put them all in the same basket."

Its one of those "Atheists are, but . . . . "

Love? You think Love is the answer to this? To men believing they have rights over women? To women in prison forced to be sex slaves to men - - who can't control themselves?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Also, note that there are 7 % of muslims in prison, but they make up only 0,8 % of US population. Does anyone have any explanation for this quite huge number?

Are you about to pull out the race card Maslo?

I'm no fan of religion, but I have to agree, those prison stats don't mean much.

Catholics, at the top of the list. Well, yeah, Hispanics. Good enough explanation.

Muslims, in the US, one-fourth are black. Since blacks make up 35 - 40% of the entire prison population, you would "expect" a higher "Muslim" incarceration rate, completely apart from any "religious" consideration.

Do these numbers say that much about Catholics, or Muslims, or more about ethnicity? Another person even mentioned that some of these people might be more involved with organized crime. Not sure that helps, but they might be getting at the same thing.

No, I wouldn't want to yank the thread anymore off the topic, but things get down to what the "meaning" of the Muslim "faith" might be, when it comes to being a "good" or "bad" person. Another way to put it would be whether or not Islam (or Catholicism, as in your example) itself somehow contributed to a higher propensity to commit crimes.

Now, as for religionists in general, are they more likely to commit crime? I don't know how we could figure that one out, considering that there might not be much of a "real" line between an atheist, and a religionist, other than their self-identification. Both will be influenced by their paradigms, regardless of what end of a spectrum they fall on.

In the end, when we look at something like Sharia, or beliefs from others at odds with our own, maybe we do have to just step back, and allow for cultural differences, and let "time", or something like "advancement", sort it out.

Otherwise, one way to interpret what the OP seems to be advocating, is a kind of "universal" system of ethics, that will apply to all. Like what the UN is selling.

All is fine and dandy, unless the ones we fear get the upper hand. What happens when some "universal" set of ethics clashes with our own? I'm not talking Muslims here, necessarily. Could be "atheists" or something else, getting the upper hand, and dictating what should be for everyone.

Of course, some may say this is precisely what humanity has been heading to for millennia. Perhaps we are ultimately trying to work out a set of universal ethics...

JR

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

there are plenty of people that would have sex slaves if only they had the ways & means, regardless of where they live or their religious beliefs. a few are found out & exposed every year in the newspapers, which tells us there are more getting away with it.

there are also those who indulge in this type of behavior as their fetish of choice.

i once saw a movie that mentioned a book titled 'The Collector'. i found out this is a real book, got a used copy and read it. some things are better left unread. The Collector was the tale of a man who imprisoned a woman in a small basement space beneath his rural cottage home. a disturbing read, not recommended -- and this comes from a man who has willingly read some strange things over the years.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join