It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men should be allowed sex slaves and female prisoners could do the job - and all this from a WOMAN p

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Forevever

Ah, I see the contradiction in my statement. Sorry. What I meant was, instead of condoning sex slavery, the women who support it should just give themselves over instead of forcing unwilling women to be had by possibly hundreds of men. It is highly doubtful they would. If they are not willing to do it, what right do they have to force others to do it? Maybe if the supporters spent a day as a sex slave their views would change. I hope that clears up my previous contradiction.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by gabby2011

Gabby, I like what you've said on the post and I for one think the avatar is distasteful, but let's go away from talking about other people like this based upon their avatar. Please just walk away from that one.

CJ

Yes...good idea....and thank you for pointing me towards a better perspective on dealing with it.

(It does make me worry , when people find stuff like that cute and funny...makes me very sad)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My guess is more of them do..cause they have no fear of retribution.

I suggest you look at atheism rates in prison:

www.holysmoke.org...

Also, note that there are 7 % of muslims in prison, but they make up only 0,8 % of US population. Does anyone have any explanation for this quite huge number?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Spot on! I feel sorry for people who refuse to accept the fact their lives can and should be better. The only difference being, here in the US it may be easier to "move on" than when living in a country that has LAWS that make it ok to rape your wife, because that's HIS will. Tough to get that ad-exec job in the big city and start a new life when it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Another article pointing to exactly ZERO evidence this is widespread...

First men and children, THEN the women!

CJ
edit on 7-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I like people who are reasonable! Keep on the posting!

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

www.holysmoke.org...

Also, note that there are 7 % of muslims in prison, but they make up only 0,8 % of US population. Does anyone have any explanation for this quite huge number?

How many prisoners become Christians in prison just to deal with the fact that they want to be forgiven, or want some kind of higher power love. Where was this survey taken,and by whom,and for what purposes...can you PROVE its based on real numbers, can you PROVE that all who said they were Christians,were not in fact atheists?

To use this as an example that we would have a lot less crime in this world if everyone was atheist..seems totally ludicrous to me. The Christians ..that would become atheists..would still do the crimes, if they wanted to..the Muslims that would become atheist..would still do what they wanted.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

www.holysmoke.org...

Numbers like that mean nothing without background and more data.

I believe statistics show most in prison come from poverty and lower class. For some reason people in poverty and lower class tend to be very religious.

Rackateers have a mob history - - many being Italian and Catholic.

So straight numbers of who follows what religion in prison - - - mean very little by themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, if everyone was an atheist, at least crime motivated by fundamentalist religious beliefs would not exist. Some people who would commit religiously motivated crimes may still commit crimes under different motivation, but some may not.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - VOLTAIRE

edit on 7/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well, if everyone was an atheist, at least crime motivated by fundamentalist religious beliefs would not exist. Some people who would commit religiously motivated crimes may still commit crimes under different motivation, but some may not.

True enough....but how many more crimes would pop up because many would feel there is no valid reason to stay within the moral perimeters any longer ?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I believe that we are all born innately understanding right and wrong. Prior to 1ad, how did peoples get by? How did cities function? How were there laws? Why do we need an "extra" moral compass when we already have one? I have faith in humanity. Makes me on the short list I know, but it is my opinion.

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I say we let Enus & Bubba buy this woman as their sex slave.

See how much fun that Muslim woman has when they tell her to "sqeal like a piggy!!"

thebestpictureproject.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Maslo

True enough....but how many more crimes would pop up because many would feel there is no valid reason to stay within the moral perimeters any longer ?

Are you implying Atheists don't have a moral perimeter?

You need some imaginary "guy in the sky" - - outside of yourself - - to respect and have compassion for your fellow man?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Is fear of your gods wrath the only reason you maintain civility? if you found out your god did not exist tomorrow would you loose all control of yourself and start assualting people in the streets? I think not. If it is the only thing keeping people in line then maybe the problem is not the Athiests after all, is it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I believe that we are all born innately understanding right and wrong. Prior to 1ad, how did peoples get by? How did cities function? How were there laws? Why do we need an "extra" moral compass when we already have one? I have faith in humanity. Makes me on the short list I know, but it is my opinion.

CJ

Please understand that I am not saying that people who are atheist have no moral compass ...but there are in fact many that don't..and to say that if people were to abandon religions, we would have so many less problems seems to me totally untrue. Humanity is humanity ..and there are humans who do what they they do under many different emotional triggers , and I don't think not believing in god really makes the human condition any better.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Is fear of your gods wrath the only reason you maintain civility? if you found out your god did not exist tomorrow would you loose all control of yourself and start assualting people in the streets? I think not. If it is the only thing keeping people in line then maybe the problem is not the Athiests after all, is it.

The reason many hold back from murder,is because it is against the law,and they don't want to spend time in jail....and likewise with some religious..they hold back from emotional retaliation , because of what their religions teach them about forgiveness.

I am not saying...that all atheists have no moral compass...but there are some that don't..and you must agree with me on that?? Cause if you're trying to tell me all atheists are of moral sound judgement...well..I'm not blind..and I know better.

So like the laws can prevent some from doing what they emotionally want to at times, so does religion.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

CJ

Please understand that I am not saying that people who are atheist have no moral compass ...but there are in fact many that don't..

I do not agree with you. I think Atheist's have a higher level of ethics.

There are far more Religious people - - in "name" only. The nastiest people I've ever met have been religious.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

At the moment,I consider myself agnostic..so the point you make does not refer to me. But there are those that have been grievously wounded by the actions of others , and quite honestly deserve some fair justice and retaliation. Maybe there would be much of this retaliation , if some did not believe there was a higher justice in an after life.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by JR MacBeth

no - you never had a point - the woman cited in the op was advocating legalised slavery

so out of all the coutries in the world - many who have far worse human trafficiking stats than isreal - WHY ? his you chose to drag isreal ito this

ignorant_ape, ordinarily I would just ignore someone who jumps into a thread waving a flag, with numerous misspellings, who refuses to answer simple, reasonable questions. Such as:

WHAT NATION ON EARTH HAS LEGALIZED SLAVERY?

It's not that I'm curious, but this is what YOU said...

"your " comparison "is invalid - because isreal does not have legaklised slavery

Well, gold star for you! Of course, who said Israel (or ANY nation for that matter) had legalized slavery?

I suppose I could just let you argue with yourself, about whatever made-up nonsense you choose, but don't try and attribute your nonsense to me.

Here's another way to look at it. My link, apparently so objectionable to you, was by an Israeli woman who cares deeply about the issue, and hopes to get her message out. Is that a bad thing? Why is that such a black-eye for Israel?

Of course, if all you saw was the word "Israel", and somehow that was enough to attack, well then you're as messed up as the ignorant bozos who gave you stars, no doubt for the same reason.

NOW, you could answer the question, and enlighten us all about the nation that has legalized slavery.

OK, pass on that! Obviously, there probably isn't one.

Let's try another one: Why did you pick on the UK? What do you have against them, painting the nation so darkly, when it comes to this issue? Are they really as bad as you made them out to be? If not, then why would you bend over backwards to vilify them?

JR

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

CJ

Please understand that I am not saying that people who are atheist have no moral compass ...but there are in fact many that don't..

I do not agree with you. I think Atheist's have a higher level of ethics.

There are far more Religious people - - in "name" only. The nastiest people I've ever met have been religious.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

No doubt there are religious that are very nasty..not disputing this ..the point I am making is if they became.."nonreligious"..they'd STILL be nasty !! You're acting like being nonreligious is a cure for atrocities..and I disagree.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join