It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Elenin/Nibiru/dwarf star theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok. I the only evidence that I can offer to this theory is that life still exists on this planet.
If there is an "event" heading our way, since it has affected us before, then it is not going to knock or orbit out of the habital zone, since the whole planet would be destroyed, and it would take longer than 3600 years to re-habitate the planet. So, relax, even though we are having some earth shifting going on lately, Chile and New York, for example. It is just part of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
and the theory is?

did I miss something?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The theory is, that people say that if there was a brown dwarf star, then it would throw the planets orbits way out of whack. I am saying that, if NIBIRU existed, it would not throw us off the habital zone orbit, as we still have life on this planet.
edit on 7-6-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

The theory is that life still exists? Correct? I do not believe in Nibiru, but a brown dwarf yes; is it coming at us? No I dont think so, Im all into the *local interstellar cloud* theory right now......Now that is something to really worry about imo.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
The theory is, that people say that if there was a brown dwarf star, then it would throw the planets orbits way out of whack. I am saying that, if NIBIRU existed, it would not throw us off the habital zone orbit, as we still have life on this planet.
edit on 7-6-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

I can't agree with your conclusion. Your logic seems off. Newtonian gravity (as opposed to quantum) is easily understood well enough to allow confidence in the assertion that a brown dwarf would radically affect the orbits of the planets. So, instead of saying " Nibiru is supposed to be a cyclically appearing brown dwarf with a period of 3,600 years, and yet we have life on this planet, so Nibiru can't affect the planet that much." I'd rather say that your conclusion should be that Nibiru is NOT a brown dwarf star, as there is life on this planet.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If there were a brown dwarf that enters the orbits of the known planets then we'd see it. Plain and simple. A brown dwarf could be spotted out well beyond 50X the distance to Pluto. A Jupiter sized object could be spotted out 2100AU, about 50X the distance to Pluto, and brown dwarfs are slightly larger.

If there is a brown dwarf in our solar system it has to be very far away and never, ever enters the orbits of the known planets. That is well known by astronomers today.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am not saying I believe the hype or not. Its interesting to think about. I find it very interesting that there is an atmospheric anomaly associated with some brown dwarfs that is called iron rain (rust). I see a potential connection to the conditions on Mars's surface being composed of a dusting of iron oxide. If a brown dwarf does exist in our solar system and passes close to our neighborhood of the solar system there would be an affect from the debris field of the passing object. I think it is possible evidence of such a scenario. Which, if it happened in the past to Mars, which explains it's state, it could happen to Earth as well. Just kind of throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xmattx16

I am not saying I believe the hype or not. Its interesting to think about. I find it very interesting that there is an atmospheric anomaly associated with some brown dwarfs that is called iron rain (rust). I see a potential connection to the conditions on Mars's surface being composed of a dusting of iron oxide. If a brown dwarf does exist in our solar system and passes close to our neighborhood of the solar system there would be an affect from the debris field of the passing object. I think it is possible evidence of such a scenario. Which, if it happened in the past to Mars, which explains it's state, it could happen to Earth as well. Just kind of throwing it out there.

Why do you think that the iron on Mars is like a predicted event on a brown dwarf?

Just because iron is involved tells us little about the relationship if any.

Consider watermelons and clouds. Both contain water, but watermelons and clouds arise from different processes.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Why do you think that the iron on Mars is like a predicted event on a brown dwarf?

Its only a hypothesis due to the fact that the iron oxide from the dwarf's atmospheric conditions can't be matched to the iron containing soils on Mars due to the fact that our only observations of that are from Earth. I am simply suggesting the possibility that if those conditions do exist on a brown dwarf star traveling through our solar system, it would not be a great stretch of the imagination to conclude a iron oxide tail would be present. If Mars happened to pass through this tail of iron oxide, with all the effects of the stars physical properties on the planets atmosphere, gravity, etc the planet would get coated. This would explain why the planet is really only dusted. Also could explain the lack of complex life being within the habitable zone of the solar system but thats a whole different discussion all together. I have considered that the iron containing soils on the planet could have come from some other process which it has been proven that iron oxide can form in a martian condition but I believe there would be more "iron oxide rock formations." Also if this event has been predicted by previous civilizations to pass close to the Earth, by some stoke of fate or whatever you want to call it, the worst case scenario stuck Mars and only effected Earth. Still there is no solid proof of any of this happening other than conjecture.

edit on 7-6-2011 by xmattx16 because: misspelling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xmattx16

Its only a hypothesis due to the fact that the iron oxide from the dwarf's atmospheric conditions can't be matched to the iron containing soils on Mars due to the fact that our only observations of that are from Earth. I am simply suggesting the possibility that if those conditions do exist on a brown dwarf star traveling through our solar system, it would not be a great stretch of the imagination to conclude a iron oxide tail would be present.

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.

Currently there is no possibility that any brown dwarf has an orbit about the sun that enters the orbits of the known planets. Celestial mechanics shows that it is not possible. So now you suggest that this event would not be covered up by erosional forces? This is a no-brainer that this is a no-go.

This would explain why the planet is really only dusted.

Where did you get this idea? Are you making this up to fortify a failed idea?

Also could explain the lack of complex life being within the habitable zone of the solar system but thats a whole different discussion all together.

Why would this happen?

The rest of the post was so far fetched it is not worth commenting.

Still there is no solid proof of any of this happening other than conjecture.

It is conjecture. So let's try to see why it makes no sense.

1. Where does iron rain happen on a brown dwarf?
2. Do any brown dwarfs or gas giants exhibit a tail?
3. Is there any evidence that erosional forces have redistributed any such materials originating from off the planet?
4. Would the material arrive as dust, or as larger particles?
5. How could this be distinguished from Mars iron?
6. What percentage of Mars is iron?
7. ...

Now keep adding to the list and get it up to 10 or 20 items.

You see the more you think of it the more you start to realize that this is more insane that the claims of Velikovsky.

top topics

join