It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be meaner to people like Weiner.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Coming in the wake of another New York politician who thought it was a good idea to post lewd photos, Weiner's actions are clear evidence of stupidity on an epic scale. Didn't we JUST go through this four months ago with Chris Lee?
Weiner said he won't resign and I am shocked by the fact that this is an option for him. If I sent photos of my private region to a client in the private sector and followed that up by telling my boss I'm not resigning he would say "you're right pervert, because you're FIRED". Apparently that doesn't apply to the elected officials in this country, Elliot Spitzer, who is a scumbag of epic proportions, landed on his feet and now works for CNN.
If you have the audacity to abuse your public office, which is owned and paid for by the tax paying citiczens of this country, you're done. No more jobs for you, just like a felon who makes bad choices and is unable to find a job these folks should be made to suffer the consequences of their actions.
Look at two recent cases and you will see the hypocrisy of our entire system. Tiger Woods is caught cheating on his wife, it turns into a media circus and his sponsors abandon him like rats leaving a sinking ship, every news network covers the disaster, none of them seem to like Tiger anymore. On the other hand, Elliot Spitzer, former Governor of NY is caught patronizing prostitutes. Taxpayers provide security and bodyguards to stand outside his hotel room door while he does whatever it is they do with prostitutes. Elliot resigns and is hired by CNN to talk about politics, there is no mention of any sponsors abandoning the news network.

*SNIP*

Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The only problem I have with this whole deal is that he lied about it.

As long as he didn't use his office then its really none of our buisness what he does behind closed doors as long as its legal.

I do care that he lied about it and tried to cover it up, but I'm sure everyone knew he sent them when he wouldn't deny the tighty whitey crotch shot was him.

As long as he didn't break the law or rules then let him keep his job. Its not like he will be re elected.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Are you for real? This guy called a press conference to repeat the string of lies he started on government time and you say 'leave him alone'. He is the most arrogant bag of shat I've seen since Barry Soetoro conned the american people into believing he cares about them. He's the reason why career politicians should be abolished.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If a politician does something illegal, they get charged for it and will pay the price (see Edwards).

If they do something gross but not illegal, then they -may- pay for it at the polls (see a ton of others).

But the thing is, its legal...if its legal, then its just someone doing something you don't approve of. I don't approve of people going to church, because that may mean their mental health is compromised..however, I don't think the mob squad should then be enacted against people doing things I find disgusting but legal...

What did weiner do? he was having cybersex with like 6 girls online...while married.
his wife may (or may not) have an issue with this. his voters may not find him to be the best rep for the area and vote him out in the next cycle if they so desire (or he might become superpopular...young voters may totally relate to someone cybering someone else for the hell of it..never know how these things will spin)..but things like boycotting a news network because they hired someone who did something "gross" once (prostitute)...well, people do stupid things, but really...if Spitzer flew over to navada and visited the bunny ranch, would that somehow make it perfectly fine? Do we hammer politicians for breaking stupid laws, or for doing things we don't approve of? trying to figure out when we light the torches...personal indignation, or going 5 over the speed limit (after all, a stupid law is a stupid law, right?)

Weiner will be paying at the polls more than likely. I am indifferent about him using his personal account on his own time to cyber chicks..and he isn't even a rep for my district anyhow, so sort of a moot point.

But the puns will no doubt live on forever.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

If you cared to read my post again you will see where I stated that I cared that he lied and that was the one thing out of this whole ordeal that bothered me.

So I must ask why is your ranting about the lies? I made my posistion very clear on that.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

Are you for real? This guy called a press conference to repeat the string of lies he started on government time and you say 'leave him alone'. He is the most arrogant bag of shat I've seen since Barry Soetoro conned the american people into believing he cares about them. He's the reason why career politicians should be abolished.

Government time for congressmen = when they are sitting in their office or in actual congress...not when they are at home.
press conference...well, the press is from independent companys...not the government. he may have wasted their time..but its not like the press wasn't following this story anyhow. If the press came to my door and asked me if I ever sent something over the net or cybered with someone, I probably wouldn't lie...I would just say "none of your damn business".
however, I am not trying to run for office of anything beyond a actual work office.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He works for us. Our tax dollars pay his salary. He llied to everyone over and over again. He can not be trucsted. If an employee lied to you over and over again you'd fire his ass. Why would you trust someone like this time and time again. You really believe he has your best interest at heart. His poor wife looks like a fool standing by her man like Maria did with Arnold before he became Govenor. Shameful!

edit on 7-6-2011 by relocator because: Corrected the spelling of Maria...not Mary...please forgive me...I lost my glasses.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I read your post and that's what made me angry at you, because it means that if he didn't lie about it, you'd have no problem with this creep. How low do you want to set the bar?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

I read your post and that's what made me angry at you, because it means that if he didn't lie about it, you'd have no problem with this creep. How low do you want to set the bar?

Wait, why would you have a problem with what someone does in their own home, regardless of their job?

If my employer was contacting me at home to ask if I was showing my bits off to people, I would laugh at them, then hang up.

Did weiner do any of this stuff while sitting in congress, or at his office? if so, then ya..he was wasting tax dollars for his own personal pleasure...but if this is his private time, well guess what...he can do whatever he wants, as you can do whatever you want outside of work.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Just because his actions aren't what we would expect a married man to do doesn't mean that his actions were illegal. I don't condone his actions since he is married, but that is between him and his wife.

Now if it comes to pass that he was using his computer for such actions then I expect proper actions to be taken and him to resign. As it is right now, his actions was not illegal and if he chooses not to resign then I am satisfied that the next election will see him replaced.

What he does behind closed doors in privacy is between him and his family.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
biebler
rofl

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oh, I see. Charlie Manson never really killed anyone, so he must be an all-right guy. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Charles Manson?

You're comparing Manson to Wiener?

Really?

One guy orchestrated brutal murders and the other used his home computer to chat with several women. I think you need to get some perspective.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have a problem with him lying about it, and in such an idiotic way as well. Can't say "with certitude"? Seriously?

However, in this case, what he's doing "on his own time" does effect his job. He's a congressional representative. He must have a security clearance for his job. Note, what you do at home *can* effect your security clearance. Hubby doesn't even have a Facebook account or Twitter to keep his security clearance nice, clean and easy.

But, if he won't resign, time to being back the practice of shunning. I would love to see a sea of backs turned to him at this next speech, press conference, town hall meeting. But people won't do that. Most the population no longer cares about the trust worthiness of a man. They simply want to know, "what other handouts can he get for me?"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
The only problem I have with this whole deal is that he lied about it.

As long as he didn't use his office then its really none of our buisness what he does behind closed doors as long as its legal.

I do care that he lied about it and tried to cover it up, but I'm sure everyone knew he sent them when he wouldn't deny the tighty whitey crotch shot was him.

As long as he didn't break the law or rules then let him keep his job. Its not like he will be re elected.

You and the rest of the resident apologists fail to see: He used his office. (even if ;"inadvertently")
Powerful men attract certain types of women. their power comes directly from their political clout "celebrity status" and the offices they've attained.
edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: punctuation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What he did as a married man, and a public figure was pretty stupid and selfish.

I too am of the mind that he made it worse by lying about it. As we have learned in the past, Americans are very forgiving if you just stand up to the dam plate.

I think he waited a tad too long to come clean. I cannot stand people in public light who just continually lie. ie....Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Bill Clinton etc

Grown men lying and hoping it just goes away. Makes me sick!

Breitbart too! No one wanted to see the guy's hammer. Leave those pics on your own HDD. Why put them on the news? I almost threw up.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't understand why Americans get all pissed off and self righteous over a politician doing retarded things on their own time...

It's THEIR life.

Weiner wanted to take pics of his weiner and send it to coeds. Go for it Weiner! When you get caught, and look like a dumbass, tough @!$! .. but why should WE get all huffed up over it?

And the politician who took photos and put it on craigs list.. WHO CARES get the heck over it people..

I mean.. I find it ironic that when a politician votes for a bill that erodes our rights and liberties, listens to lobbyist over constituents, acts for the better good of corporations at the detriment to the people we shrug it off "oh that's Washington" but a picture of Weiner's weiner???

OMG HES GOTTA GO!

Stupid.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Public officials should conduct themselves like adults at the very least. That's why people become upset. They are elected to represent the people.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Being an adult he's completely free to do what ever the hell he wants to in his own time. People do stupid things. And I know it's hard to imagine, I find it tough sometimes.. but politicians ARE people.......

People do stupid things.. they make dumb choices.. sometimes they take pictures of their weiners and send it to coeds.

I'm fairly certain Weiner has helped pass many bills that do far more damage to me and you than a pic of his dick.

Just my opinion!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
biebLer
i rest my caase
bnotvc t and so on

top topics

<<   2 >>

join