It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Christopher Titus Says If Sarah Palin Elected President He Will "Hang out on Grassy Knoll

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
beezzer, i always gave you credit for having some intelligence. Why in the world would you help defend sarah palin?
Just because they are on "your side" doesnt mean they are right, or good people. You dont have to do this. Unless you actually support her through her idiocy, then I guess I just cant reconcile those two facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I dont know where this idea of Palin being brilliant stems from. All I've seen is her abandoning a post where she could have done some real good, for a more lucrative spot being a professional "campaigner" that I believe has no intention of even running (why would you when you get paid better to pretend like you want to run and then just do paid speaking dates). Oh and also rewriting the ride of Paul Revere lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, there is NO chance she will be elected, and this was way out of line ... but if the rigged voting machines put her in office there will be a military coup in America. COUNT ON IT.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by regor77

Yeah I don't get why people think she is anything but stupid. They point to her "playing the Press" or some such BS. If you have a monkey, and that monkey knows that if it pushes a button it gets a banana, it doesn't make that monkey a genius. All Sarah the Stupid is is a trained monkey.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by beezzer

Whose Cherry picking? Palin doesn't know where countries are located, she misuses words, she cannot count for Shi. I mean seriously why are you supporting someone who cant even support herself? and your right alot of our presidents were idiots...hmm could this explain why our country is turning into a hellhole?

A little hint. Her famouse Katie Couric interview? Lasted 6 hours. They took 22 minutes from it and painted her in the worst way possible.

I don't like Obamas' policies. I think when he mis-speaks, its funny but I don't base my opinion on that.
I like Palins' policies.
Might be interesting to start a thread on that, but then I'd have to contend with the "but shes' stewpid" crowd.

I'll judge people by their actions. By their beliefs, by their values.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's a good thing to judge on, I for one dont agree with alot of what she has said, but that's the great thing about freewill, it makes everyone different

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
beezzer, i always gave you credit for having some intelligence. Why in the world would you help defend sarah palin?
Just because they are on "your side" doesnt mean they are right, or good people. You dont have to do this. Unless you actually support her through her idiocy, then I guess I just cant reconcile those two facts.

I like Palin because she is so damned polarizing. Between her and Paul, she has the better chance. Hell, I've been on ATS long enough for people to know that I'm no troll. I actually believe what I write.
Look, the country is going to hell in a handbasket. The time for conventional politicians is past. We need to shake up the system, while we HAVE a system to shake up. Anymore of the same and we're all screwed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yep if its here on ats or in real life politics

the more they go after a person that means they dont want them to be heard.

its not like people are free to listen and say whatever they want

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

there will be a military coup in America

Bull, give us something to back that one up.

Apparently you never been to a Palin rally/get together

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually I am quite fond of listening to Palin. She has completely discredited herself and she is great for a recreational laugh.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

thats great just think how much you will have to laugh about if and when she becomes president

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
reply to post by beezzer

Wanting to vote for someone because the rest of the world recognizes her as a moron is about the silliest thing I have read in a while. I would imagine most of the people that back her say similar dumb # all the time.

Someone should have let California in on this before they elected Ahhnold.

Titus was making a joke, yes... but he's the kinda guy who just might follow through with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
***Newsflash***

Comedians....

Make jokes. Get used to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Heads up beezzer, the guys a comedian, if anything he's exaggerating to make a point, that Palin should NOT be President. And yes lot's of people on both the left and right are against Palin mainly because she's so disastrous yet seems to have a cult of ravenous followers. In that sense she's kinda like the Cthulhu of politicians, no matter how destructive she would be to this nation if she won they still worship her.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you in the point that we need to step away from conventional politicians.I dont see how that includes Palin. She seems very conventional to me. She has the same rap we have seen a thousand times over. She is polarizing, but not from policies and wit. More from her erratic behavior, questionable family values (as the media tends to portray) and the fact that alot of men vote with their penis when a fairly ok looking woman is running. I am no one to judge on family matters because my family may be the most disfunctional of any I've yet seen but She aint hot enuff to sway my "little head" and I just dont vote for people that have crackhead (or maybe adhd is a better comparison) type behavior.
edit on 7-6-2011 by regor77 because: additional comment
If we want to unconventionalize politics we need to dump the right left thing altogether so we can stand as equalls in mind body and spirit.

edit on 7-6-2011 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Did comedian Christopher Titus call for Sarah Palin's assassination if she was nominated president of the United States? He is quoted as saying, 'If she gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time... loaded and ready.' Wow, that sounds like something we have heard from the fringe on the right about then-candidate Barack Obama presidency. All my readers know I can't stand Sarah Palin, but I certainly wouldn't call for her death.

www.hinterlandgazette.com...

The more threats against Palin, the more I want to vote for her. I'll let the left decide who to vote for. They don't say a peep about Romney, and the others. But Palin?

And the death threats? Gotta love those. I guess it's been long enough since that nutweasel in Az, killed a bunch of people.

I deliberately took this quote from a liberal writer so there would be no confusion about source.

Enjoy.

Ah yes ...

Just one more example of those kinder, gentler (so-called) progressives.

What the majority of these fools don't realize is that conservatives love people that scare the hell out of libs and (so-called) progressives.

So, the more libs and (so-called) progressives act like Palin scares the hell out of them, the more popular with conservatives she will become.

Yes, yes, we know libs and (so-called) progressives can't admit publicly that Palin scares them, but the signs are all there for anyone to see.

The most hilarious thing about all this is that it means that libs and (so-called) progressives are actually helping to make real their very worst fears.

For conservatives, can it get any better than that?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh Noes! a Comedian went to far!

This is very shocking indeed!

Next thing you will tell me is that Politicans get caught in sex scandels!

We live in a crazy crazy world!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I do not advocate for or against free speech. I believe in anyones ability to day as they please. Please note that I said ABILITY not RIGHT. Sarah Palin, Chris Titus can say just whatever they please. There may of course be consequences. If I say that I don't like Palin, (which is true) or that I don't like Obama, (which is true) then I am using that ability, and I am sure most folk would say that I have done no wrong. If however, I stated that I was going to kill them or advocated for others to do so, that would obviously land me in hot water. Rightly so. Now, while I recognize what Titus said as a threat, it was a half-assed joke of a threat...made by a comedian...on a comedy show. He is not an elected official. He was speaking in jest. If a person says something like, "Junior took the car last night and didn't refill the tank. I ran out of gas on the way to work. I'm gonna kill him when I get home!" Should he be jailed for premeditating murder? Of course not. If a teenager says, "Oh,Man. I got an F on my history paper. My dad is going to KILL me." should he be jailed for defamation of character when said parent doesn't actually try to kill him? If I told people that they should get a gun and start shooting cops or visible minorities or people of other religions, should I be jailed? DEFINITELY!!! That is incitement to hatred and violence and is not acceptable. I should point out that most of what people were angry about with Sarah Palin wasn't the idea that she was actually advocating the violence that Laughner committed. It was the point that as an elected public official, she has a responsibility to be careful of not only what she says, but also how she says it. I do not recall her or anyone else saying that senator Giffords should be shot. I do recall such things in reference to the whole wikileaks scandal though. But, I digress. The whole point of my post was that if so many people have such a hard time understanding the difference between a joke by a comedian and an actual threat, it makes the hate filled vitriol of todays politicians that much more serious. As for the whole I.Q. voting thing, I will gladly go first if you go second. I can't wait to see the look on your face when your vote gets denied.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"The more threats against Palin, the more I want to vote for her"....Wow. That sounds like well thought out logic. As for Romney, the religious right will not vote for him.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He's a comedian. Not just a comedian, but one who's said controversial jokes before.
So you will vote for someone just because they have death threats against them? Very mature of you. What about all of the people who have threatened Obama? Are you going to vote for Obama because of the death threats against him?
Plus, Titus made a "death threat" against someone who made a "death threat" against our sitting president.

On a side note, I don't take sides, but seriously have you ever listened to Sarah Palin? She's so stupid it's not even funny. Well, it wouldn't be funny if she were president. I like her morals, but it doesn't change the fact she's as dumb as a rock.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join