It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want International Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Don't enlist in the military. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yeah, if we had no military how would we defend our selves if we were ever invaded? this quest for world peace is a pipe dream. Human nature prevents world peace, it may be 2011, but the world is no different now than it was a few centuries ago, We just have more technological ways of killing.

Someone, somewhere, will always be looking for an opportunity to cause problems if it means they get power.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
yeah, if we had no military how would we defend our selves if we were ever invaded? this quest for world peace is a pipe dream. Human nature prevents world peace, it may be 2011, but the world is no different now than it was a few centuries ago, We just have more technological ways of killing

Well certainly, I didn't mean just the American military. It would have to be that no countryman enlisted in their military. Then who would be there to invade? No one.

I agree human nature keeps us from inner peace, but international peace is a largely a product of military conquest.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They would just reinstate the draft. War is a big profit generator for business. War will always be in fashion with faster, stronger, improved technology to maim and kill. I really expect autonomous machines to be used soon as processing power grows and is miniaturized. The world of screamers is not too far away,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

yeah let them draft you that will show the enemy who's boss
get real other countries will still have an army.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If no one joined any military in the world, there would be no wars.

As for the draft, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have never been exposed to military training and maybe someone here can speak more about it but I would image they could tear down your personality and rebuild so you would shoot your own mother if told to. I don't think they go to that extreme currently but it should be possible from a psychological standpoint. I know they instill an Esprit de corps as well as a love for their rifle.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

The Rifleman's Creed

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I have never been exposed to military training and maybe someone here can speak more about it but I would image they could tear down your personality and rebuild so you would shoot your own mother if told to. I don't think they go to that extreme currently but it should be possible from a psychological standpoint. I know they instill an Esprit de corps as well as a love for their rifle.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

The Rifleman's Creed

YES! Fighting for peace. That makes PERFECT sense.

new topics

top topics

join